any Mass Effect fans here?

Comments

• GowienczykGowienczyk Pooper of Parties
    edited January 2010
    One more day then, eh?
  • zachc6661zachc6661 Unsigned
    edited January 2010
    http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/106/1063174p1.html
    Apparently Microsoft put the ME2 bonuses on the online marketplace and you can download all of them for free :D.

Edit: Looks like Microsoft caught on and took everything down. Boy am I glad I got up early lol.
  • Sarge51Sarge51 Road Warrior
    edited January 2010
    Mmmmm. Free downloads.

Of course, this is kind of silly, as I don't have the game, nor do I plan on getting it in the next month or two. Still, anything to enhance my playthrough when I DO get the game. :D
  • wreckem279wreckem279 Opening Act
    edited January 2010
    Uggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Tomorrow needs to get here. I'm going nuts. I never get this excited about a new game unless it's the new NCAA iteration, even though they usually suck.
  • BevoTheWarriorBevoTheWarrior Cow Patty
    edited January 2010
    Almost time... almost time... almost time... Just under 11 hours! (For those of us in the Central Standard Time Zone.)
    edited January 2010
    I'm in EST.
  • BevoTheWarriorBevoTheWarrior Cow Patty
    edited January 2010
    So you've only got about 10 and a half hours... ya lucky bastard. :D
  • Young BloodlustYoung Bloodlust Road Warrior
    edited January 2010
    I decided to ask Chris Priestly, Bioware Community Coordinator Person, exactly to what extent I was ****ed on this. I've read quite a bit on how you can bring over your old character, which is obviously a much appreciated nod to a bygone RPG era, but I haven't read much about my own situation. It's a little more broad than you'd think, because there are many reasons why you might not have access to a file from two ****ing years ago. I was shocked to hear his reply: that they had fully accounted for this. When creating a new character, you can go down a list of key decisions and set them manually.
    From Penny Arcade's home page post.
    edited January 2010
    I just soiled myself, thanks for that Bloodlust. :(
  • pacifistWITHgunpacifistWITHgun Road Warrior
    edited January 2010
    zachc6661;3456936 said:
    http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/106/1063174p1.html
    Apparently Microsoft put the ME2 bonuses on the online marketplace and you can download all of them for free :D.

Edit: Looks like Microsoft caught on and took everything down. Boy am I glad I got up early lol.
    Isn't the day 1 DLC free anyways?

Only a few more hours eh? So excited.
  • zachc6661zachc6661 Unsigned
    edited January 2010
    pacifistWITHgun;3458029 said:
    Isn't the day 1 DLC free anyways?

Only a few more hours eh? So excited.
    Actually the dlc that was up wasn't the launch day dlc it was the various pre-order/collectors edition exclusives. I'm guessing that Microsoft put them up and hadn't gotten around to making it so you would need to redeem the code to get them yet but idk for sure.
  • wreckem279wreckem279 Opening Act
    edited January 2010
    Wow.

I am really enjoying it.

I don't really like how they cut to a "mission accomplished" screen after every "mission". But I can understand it.

Other than that, they seemed to really fix everything that was wrong. Granted, I'm probably not even halfway through the game yet.
    edited January 2010
    It seems there's a slight clog in Mass Effect 2's Cerberus Network DLC pipeline. Though the promised bonus mission is still available, the deadly, rugged and elaborately scarred mercenary Zaeed has been held up until tomorrow or Thursday on the Xbox 360, according to a BioWare spokesman writing on the company's official forums.

You could spend time being sad about the delay or you could spend time playing Mass Effect 2. We think the choice should be pretty clear. Just pretend his space luggage got lost or something.
    Mass Effect 2's Zaeed DLC delayed on 360, coming later this week
  • CubecubedCubecubed Washed Up
    edited January 2010
    i have been playing this game for like 7 hours so far......WOW. probably GOTY 2010,already.
  • kiggidykevkiggidykev Thinks about pandas
    edited January 2010
    Gamespot review" said:

...the Salarian scientist Mordin Solus is possibly the finest character in Mass Effect 2 and arguably the most interesting one seen in an RPG in some time. His ultracaffeinated, ultralogical delivery is often hysterical and always entertaining (his romantic advice will have you in stitches)
    I couldn't agree more with Gamespot on this one. What a ridiculously well-written and well-acted character. Big thumbs up.

Gamespot gave it a 9.0, by the way.
  • Awesome_TreeAwesome_Tree Rising Star
    edited January 2010
    If I had a playthrough on ME1, beat it, started a new playthrough, freaked out so I rechallenged the final boss, all on the same name/class, which one will it choose for the Sheperd in ME2?
  • pacifistWITHgunpacifistWITHgun Road Warrior
    edited January 2010
    Yea, this game is everything it's been hyped up to be and then some.

I just got Archangel , definitely going for Mordin next.
  • StewStew Rising Star
    edited January 2010
    I'm so jealous! I have no extra money right now and can't pick it up until a LOOOONG time from now.

But it's all good, I'll tide my apatite over by playing through Mass Effect again.
    edited January 2010
    Awesome_Tree;3460645 said:
    If I had a playthrough on ME1, beat it, started a new playthrough, freaked out so I rechallenged the final boss, all on the same name/class, which one will it choose for the Sheperd in ME2?
    Whichever one you want to choose. You can only bring over a Shepard if you beat the first game with him/her.
    edited January 2010
    Young Bloodlust;3461296 said:
    Whichever one you want to choose. You can only bring over a Shepard if you beat the first game with him/her.
    If I restarted, on the same name, will it remember my choices from the first play through?
  • FloodOneFloodOne Headliner
    edited January 2010
    Welll, I have the money in the bank to go and buy this right now, but I don't want to leave my house at 3:30 in the morning.

Maybe tomorrow, but probably not.
    edited January 2010
    Awesome_Tree;3461395 said:
    If I restarted, on the same name, will it remember my choices from the first play through?
    yes.
    edited January 2010
    Cubecubed;3461420 said:
    yes.
    Oh yay. Now I have no excuse to do some achievement whoring. :) Thanks.
  • Rock_StarmanRock_Starman Headliner
    edited January 2010
    Game of the decade so far.
    Best voice acting ever perhaps.
  • SojaSoja Road Warrior
    edited January 2010
    This game is amazing.

I don't know how I feel about the statistical progression, but the controls feel a lot smoother, the combat is more varied than "SHOOT EEEVERRRYYYYYTHING!!!" now, weapons have limited amounts of ammunition so you can't just lay down an infinite amount of suppressive fire anymore, and the variety in gear itself is also great.

Also, the ability to customize your armor's appearance in almost infinite combinations? AMAZING.

Unbelievable.
    edited January 2010
    "I'm Commander Shepard,and this is my favorite store on the citadel"-every advertisement for every store on the citadel :D
  • SojaSoja Road Warrior
    edited January 2010
    cubecubed;3463501 said:
    "i'm commander shepard,and this is my favorite store on the citadel"-every advertisement for every store on the citadel :d
    no dammit i wasn't there yet!
    edited January 2010
    Soja;3463506 said:
    no dammit i wasn't there yet!
    how on earth is that even a spoiler? its a random thing that you can do,lol.
  • Sarge51Sarge51 Road Warrior
    edited January 2010
    Cubecubed;3463501 said:
    "I'm Commander Shepard,and this is my favorite store on the citadel"-every advertisement for every store on the citadel :D
    Eh? Capitalizing Commander Shepard's popularity in Mass Effect 2, huh?