Export help.

SW33KSW33K Opening Act
edited December 2009 in LEGO: Rock Band
I recently tried exporting my songs into rb2 after completing the story mode and am unable to do so. I got the code on the back of the booklet. Entered my code on the lego website. Took my new code into the redeem code menu on my xbox and am getting the invalid code error. Is there anyway to remedy this without buying another LRB. The xbox and computer are in separate rooms so I had to write down my new code and perhaps I made an error transcribing it. Anyway to go back to that lego website and reenter my token code or anything? Thanks for all your help.

Comments

• davidshekdavidshek Community Playtester
    edited December 2009
    SW33K;3320687 said:
    I recently tried exporting my songs into rb2 after completing the story mode and am unable to do so. I got the code on the back of the booklet. Entered my code on the lego website. Took my new code into the redeem code menu on my xbox and am getting the invalid code error. Is there anyway to remedy this without buying another LRB. The xbox and computer are in separate rooms so I had to write down my new code and perhaps I made an error transcribing it. Anyway to go back to that lego website and reenter my token code or anything? Thanks for all your help.
    You can't re-enter your code on the export website. There was an option when you entered your code to have it emailed to you as well. Did you not do that?

I'd recommend contacting Support, using the contact information here:

http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?t=172773
  • SW33KSW33K Opening Act
    edited December 2009
    I might have. I never check my e-mail. I'll look. Thanks David.
  • SW33KSW33K Opening Act
    edited December 2009
    Nope. I didn't get an e-mail. :( Guess I'll have to contact support if anyone else doesn't have any ideas?
  • grim88grim88 Opening Act
    edited December 2009
    I can't even enter my code. Tried tonight for the first time, and whenever I type it in, the website craps out.
  • DaleboyDaleboy Unsigned
    edited December 2009
    Hi

I have just bought Lego Rockband second hand from the ebay but it does not come with the code is there anyway I can a new code Like if I contact support and provide them with proof of purchase from ebay.

Thanks in advance
  • MikachuMikachu Road Warrior
    edited December 2009
    Daleboy;3359746 said:
    Hi

I have just bought Lego Rockband second hand from the ebay but it does not come with the code is there anyway I can a new code Like if I contact support and provide them with proof of purchase from ebay.

Thanks in advance
    Second-hand means pre-owned, right? The original owner probably already used the code anyway.
  • FickAwesomeFickAwesome Rising Star
    edited December 2009
    good luck guy. I made a error in transcribing and had closed the window without choosing to get an e-mail. luckilly i hadn't actually "closed" the window, just moved on so i was able to click the back button a dozen times and get the code screen again. Really the whole exporting process of LRB is waaaaay too messy and needlessly complicated.

oh and as long as we have export help thread going, i'm in the middle of exporting mine. I had my download at 76% when i saw it last. I came back to it and it was back on the music store screen so i figured it was done. but then i put in RB2 and the songs weren't there. Is there a step I'm missing or did my controller just shut off and cancel the download?

Follow up question, is there anyway to download the export without being in the LRB music store, where you can't do anything else while DLing?
    edited December 2009
    FickAwesome;3359808 said:
    Is there a step I'm missing or did my controller just shut off and cancel the download?
    That's quite possible, mine did that the first time I tried it too.
    FickAwesome;3359808 said:
    Follow up question, is there anyway to download the export without being in the LRB music store, where you can't do anything else while DLing?
    Yes, start the export download, then cancel it. Then go into the XBL Marketplace, find your Download History, and re-download it from there. :)
  • SiselaIncSiselaInc Unsigned
    edited December 2009
    Is the export only for xbox, or can you do it w/the wii too?
    edited December 2009
    SiselaInc;3361020 said:
    Is the export only for xbox, or can you do it w/the wii too?
    Xbox and PS3 only. No Rock Band game currently can export on the Wii.
  • Tez555Tez555 Unsigned
    edited December 2009
    My god what a pain in the bum it is to export on this. Such a faff!
    Well i finally did it after numerous "invalid code" things and stuff.
    I do have a quick question tho.
    I exited the DL on the L:RB page and am doing it as things are normally DL'd. This may sound stupid, but i take it i can turn my 360 off while this is DL'ing and it'll still be there/continue when i turn it on tomorrow??
    After all this hassle i don't want to lose it all.
  • Mega-TallicaMega-Tallica Washed Up
    edited December 2009
    Tez555;3364090 said:
    I exited the DL on the L:RB page and am doing it as things are normally DL'd. This may sound stupid, but i take it i can turn my 360 off while this is DL'ing and it'll still be there/continue when i turn it on tomorrow??
    May I ask how'd you go through with it?

I'm going through the same problem with the "code not found" error and the HTTP 500 Internal Server Error. I'm thinking there's something wrong with the servers so that's why my code isn't working.
  • Tez555Tez555 Unsigned
    edited December 2009
    I followed all the advice about deleting cookies and that stuff. It did nothing. I thought i'd just try clicking the "compatability view" thing on my xplorer (i'm still not entirely sure what that does) and it then worked fine.
    So ye. If you have that try clicking it.
  • Mega-TallicaMega-Tallica Washed Up
    edited December 2009
    Tez555;3364251 said:
    I followed all the advice about deleting cookies and that stuff. It did nothing. I thought i'd just try clicking the "compatability view" thing on my xplorer (i'm still not entirely sure what that does) and it then worked fine.
    So ye. If you have that try clicking it.
    yeah, I tried that and it still is giving the HTTP 500 Internal Server error message and then I hit refresh webpage and it either says code not found or code has already been redeemed.

I e-mailed [email]redemption@rockband.com[/email] with my code that's not working so hopefully they can do something to fix this.
  • Tez555Tez555 Unsigned
    edited December 2009
    Its such a bloody faff isn't it!
    Why on earth did they make it this complicated to do.
  • starknakedherostarknakedhero Opening Act
    edited December 2009
    with all the complications you would think it would be cheaper than it is. i have not got it yet but i know i am getting it in a few days under the xmas tree so i am looking forward to the hassle myself. btw...what is the exact export cost including tax and all on the PSN? is like 10 bucks isnt it?
  • SkodeSkode Headliner
    edited December 2009
    Tez555;3364090 said:
    There is a setting on the xbox dashboard so you can set downloads to continue after the xbox is switched off yes, i do this myself all the time for the bigger downloads.

The only problem i had with the export was after downloading the export key i kept getting an error message on the download from there on in on the in game music store... i only got around it my moving the export onto my MEMORY CARD :confused:, so many problems and confusions with this - i wonder what HMX were thinking when they could have used the AC/DC code on the manual method to save half the bother for all of us.
    edited December 2009
    starknakedhero;3368551 said:
    btw...what is the exact export cost including tax and all on the PSN? is like 10 bucks isnt it?
    Yep, 10 dollars.
  • zack10housezack10house Road Warrior
    edited December 2009
    I don't mean to give you guys too much trouble, so if no one wants to type out the whole thing I understand...What all is exactly involved in this process? I just bought the game and I'm going to export once I get all the achievements...I tried going to the music store in game to look at what it was gonna make me do, but I got the "Can't retrieve information from Xbox LIVE" error
  • thefncrowthefncrow Opening Act
    edited December 2009
    zack10house;3368958 said:
    I don't mean to give you guys too much trouble, so if no one wants to type out the whole thing I understand...What all is exactly involved in this process? I just bought the game and I'm going to export once I get all the achievements...I tried going to the music store in game to look at what it was gonna make me do, but I got the "Can't retrieve information from Xbox LIVE" error
    Inside the Lego Rock Band case, there's a slip of paper with an export code on it, and a website you're directed to. The website takes your code and gives you a PSN/360 redemption code, which when entered downloads an export license.

With the export license in place, you can hit the Song Export in the LRB music store, which will give you access to the export download, for the price of $10. Buy that item, and you'll be downloading a 1.2 gig file containing the songs for use outside of LRB.
    edited December 2009
    zack10house;3368958 said:
    I don't mean to give you guys too much trouble, so if no one wants to type out the whole thing I understand...What all is exactly involved in this process?
    1) Go to the http://www.rockband.com/lego-export site and type in the code on the game-case insert. Write down the code that site gives you. (There is also an option you can select here to have the code emailed to you. I would highly recommend doing that, just in case you write it down wrong.)
    2) Go to the XBL Marketplace / PSN Store and redeem the code you wrote down in step #1.
    3) The code you redeemed in #2 will allow you download the Lego Export Key.
    4) Start up Lego: Rock Band and go into the Music Store, select "Export Songs".
    5) Pay $10 (or 800 MSP).
    6) Download 1.2GB Lego Export Pack.
    7) ?
    8) Profit!
  • zack10housezack10house Road Warrior
    edited December 2009
    Thanks (thought you ought to know I'm still listenin to that Wounded Soul EP....Payback coming on shuffle reminded me to mention it :p Thanks for that as well)
    edited December 2009
    zack10house;3371282 said:
    Thanks (thought you ought to know I'm still listenin to that Wounded Soul EP....Payback coming on shuffle reminded me to mention it :p Thanks for that as well)
    You're welcome on both counts. :)
  • ptrthgr8ptrthgr8 Unsigned
    edited December 2009
    Does it matter at all when you export? I.e. is there any reason to finish the LRB game before exporting? If you export right away, do you not get everything?

Thanks!
  • aznman08aznman08 Road Warrior
    edited December 2009
    ptrthgr8;3376622 said:
    Does it matter at all when you export? I.e. is there any reason to finish the LRB game before exporting? If you export right away, do you not get everything?

Thanks!
    the only thing you wont get is the achievements from Lego RB. all songs download (the term is download not export because you dont need the game disc once you buy and start the download)
  • madisondawgmadisondawg Unsigned
    edited December 2009
    I have the code says it downloaded (ps3) but songs not there. I have the export for rb1 is there a different one I have to buy for lrb?