2 Trophies that are absolutely driving me crazy

mva5580mva5580 Road Warrior
edited December 2009 in The Beatles: Rock Band
- 85% on all solos. I only have Taxman left, and I've gotten somewhere around 82% on it multiple times.

- 100% on While My Guitar Gently Weeps solo. I cannot even count how many times I've gotten 99%. If the Gretsch guitar wasn't so cool, I swear I would have broken it by now.

The Gold Star/HOPO trophies bother me just out of the fact that I can't ever imagine being good enough to get them, I always mess up in a song at some point. But those first 2..........I'm aggravated.

Comments

• deadpool247deadpool247 Rising Star
    edited December 2009
    Put the game on Superspeed, and try for those two trophies again. You can thank me later.
  • Drumminjay108Drumminjay108 Rising Star
    edited December 2009
    Taxman took me a long time to get too. Just try only a few times a day and if you dont get just stop and try again in a few days. That is what I did.
  • hannie3000hannie3000 Rising Star
    edited December 2009
    The Taxman solo took me a millennium and a half to finally get 85% on. And I got exactly 85%.
    And like deadpool said, Superspeed is your friend.
    The While My Guitar Gently Weeps solos are cake compared to the Taxman solo. At least, that's my opinion.
  • softguitar60softguitar60 Unsigned
    edited December 2009
    What is superspeed? I've heard so much about it, but I still don't know what it is. n00b.

This guy is just hilarious at the end of WMGW: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWVltL1U-pE
  • Stig_the_PigStig_the_Pig Opening Act
    edited December 2009
    drum trophies are the hardest imo, together with singing and hopo
  • blkninja1961blkninja1961 Opening Act
    edited December 2009
    softguitar60;3327051 said:
    What is superspeed? I've heard so much about it, but I still don't know what it is. n00b.

This guy is just hilarious at the end of WMGW: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWVltL1U-pE
    ROFL 'cuz THAT'S what I did!!!!

And... not an FC - you can clearly hear him strumming on the hammers.

And... I find superspeed on expert to be CRAZY - do you really do that? When playing Med/Hard, it's a great way to get used to the speed on expert but.... really?
  • idlephaseidlephase Rising Star
    edited December 2009
    blkninja1961;3327449 said:
    And... not an FC - you can clearly hear him strumming on the hammers.
    Since when did strumming count against a FC? At no point do you drop below 100% or lose your combo.
  • EhfahqEhfahq Headliner
    edited December 2009
    idlephase;3327684 said:
    Since when did strumming count against a FC?
    It doesnt. I have no clue where he got that.
  • Ledgo2Ledgo2 Rising Star
    edited December 2009
    Some achievements you are not allowed to strum the hammer-ons, like the Octopus's Garden.

I managed to get While My Guitar Gently Weeps the first run on the second solo. But yea, Taxman is a piece of crap to get. But it takes practice.
    edited December 2009
    My mistake. Apparently, you can strum hopo's or overstrum and still get an FC. I think that an FC should be no overstrums or strumming hopo's. Is there a term for that? I've gotten 100% on a song and knowing that I overstrummed, I don't really consider that an FC.
    Full Combo should mean Full Combo (i.e. hopo's and no overstrums) and not "hey, I hit all the notes and didn't lose my multiplier - yay!"

Just sayin'
  • EhfahqEhfahq Headliner
    edited December 2009
    You cant overstrum.

Struming a HO/PO doesnt break your combo, therefore its still a FC (full combo)

Overstrumming breaks your combo, therefore its not a FC.
    edited December 2009
    edit: double post - my original post wasn't showing up for whatever reason.
  • hannie3000hannie3000 Rising Star
    edited December 2009
    To activate Superspeed; select "options" in the main menu. Then, select "game options" and click on "superspeed". Ta-dah.
    It takes a while to get used to, especially when playing on Expert. My first thought was "OH SHI-" cos the notes flew by so fast, haha. But honestly, it really helps you get a better idea of wtf you're doing.