concerns about lego rock band export process

TheWii60RockerTheWii60Rocker Opening Act
edited December 2009 in LEGO: Rock Band
can somebody who has experienced the lego rock band export feature let me know if the whole entering the code on screen will be a mess or if everything should go smoothly.

1. how long does it take to enter a code than receive a 25 digit code, and how would i pay for the songs in Microsoft points if i am already getting a redeem code to download the songs?

2. would the xbox marketplace and rock band servers be too overloaded on Christmas due to the fact that there may be a bunch pf people trying to redeem their codes on christmas?

Comments

• quinakingquinaking Road Warrior
    edited December 2009
    It's instant and the code is to earn access to the export section of the music store where you actually export.

2. I doubt it.
  • bdavid81bdavid81 Unsigned
    edited December 2009
    You redeem the code on the site, http://www.rockband.com/lego-export and it gives you the PS3/360 redemption code. Use that, you get the export key. Then, boot up the game and go to export, pay the $9.99/800 MS Points, and download the 1.28GB file and you're done. Really easy, and the only downside is the fee involved. Still, it had 5-8 decent songs in the game, and I don't mind the larger RB2 library.
  • nightglider1nightglider1 Unsigned
    edited December 2009
    TheWii60Rocker;3326197 said:

2. would the xbox marketplace and rock band servers be too overloaded on Christmas due to the fact that there may be a bunch pf people trying to redeem their codes on christmas?
    There's always a possibility of this. One would hope that MS has learned their lesson from Christmases past, but you never know....
  • REL1203REL1203 Opening Act
    edited December 2009
    can someone tell me, if I go to Music Store in RB:L and I see the export option, does that mean I have already entered the code that came with my game, and downloaded whatever I needed to to enable the export option in RBL or is that export option ALWAYS visable?
  • whypick1whypick1 Headliner
    edited December 2009
    edited December 2009
    Reason I ask is I am not sure if I entered the code I got from MS or not yet, is there any way to tell? Everytime I go to Export, and then click Purchase, I get a Xbox live error 800700e8?
  • whypick1whypick1 Headliner
    edited December 2009
    You entered the code already if there's a Lego Rock Band Export license file sitting on your storage device.

I got that same error code when I did the export, but as I found out in another thread, that export file HAS to be on the same storage device as your Gamertag. My GT sits on an MU while damn near everything else sits on my HD, so I kept getting that error message until I moved the file over to the MU.
    edited December 2009
    mmmm... Where would the Lego Rock Band Export License be located on my HD for my Xbox? I have never actually gone looking for a specific file like that, so I am not really sure how to locate it on the xbox.... Thanks for the help
    edited December 2009
    I finally figured it out... Thanks for the help