Question!

mkkillermkkiller Opening Act
edited December 2009 in The Rock Band Network
Hey everybody i know a band in NY that im friends with that wants to be in rock band and i was just wondering if i was to chart the songs and do all the work would it be possible for someone to just upload the songs for me seeing as i dont have an xna membership. If thats even possible im not sure they really want to be in but dont want to go through anybody and they dont have the time to do it themselves because of the new album they are recording. I already have the master tracks and everything Just need to make sure this can actually happen before I proceed. Btw the bands name is Dead Men Dreaming check them out if you have the chance 2 best songs are Chemicals and Tidal Waves. Any Help would be awesome.
Daniel

Comments

• trg007trg007 Your Ever Rocking RBN Forum Guru
    edited December 2009
    Whoever submits a song is the one who gets paid every 4 months from XNA, so I wouldn't use some random person if I were you. I would recommend you ask the band to sign up for their own XNA account to submit the songs, and you can still be the one that does the authoring for them. Even if they are not expecting to make a lot of money from their songs, they can look at the $99 as a promotional expense, to get their music out there to more listeners.
  • mkkillermkkiller Opening Act
    edited December 2009
    Well none of them have an xbox 360 and like I said they don't really have the time between jobs , playing and recording so I asked them if they would let me do it and they already said yeah they really don't care about the money though its a plus there really nice guys especially mike (hes the singer). So i think i have a predicament. :( I really want to play there songs on rock band
  • trg007trg007 Your Ever Rocking RBN Forum Guru
    edited December 2009
    Well, if you seriously want to author, you should get an XNA membership of your own. You'll need it in order to audition the charts you create, anyway. I'm assuming you're 18 or older?
    edited December 2009
    sorry for the late response but i dont have the money to get a xna membership maybe if someone was to help me i could give them your info and maybe someone else can work out a deal with them
  • RobbySuaveRobbySuave Rising Star
    edited December 2009
    You have every DLC song to date, but you don't have the money to get an XNA membership?
    edited December 2009
    i really have no need to get an xna membership a hundred 100 if im only going to make 6 songs? plus i really dont have the money im kind of barely getting songs each week
  • NSIYusukeNSIYusuke Opening Act
    edited December 2009
    Point them to one of the authoring companies that do all the work for a cut of the income? =O That'd work. May I suggest Rhythm Authors, RockGamer Studios or Noble Rhythm?
    edited December 2009
    i messaged mike and rich hopefully one of them contacts me :)