List of songs with short verions.

grim88grim88 Opening Act
edited December 2009 in LEGO: Rock Band
Is there a list out there anywhere with a list of all the songs with a short version?

Comments

• ZephielZephiel Rising Star
    edited December 2009
    I think any LRB song has a short version.

The short version of short songs like A-Punk and Song 2 are just the actual songs, but they still let you do short mode if its in a random setlist.
  • hiimSMAPhiimSMAP Road Warrior
    edited December 2009
    It's every LRB song except:
    We Will Rock You
    Song 2
    A-Punk
    Dreaming of You
    Grace
    Ride a White Swan
    Because they're too short.
  • grim88grim88 Opening Act
    edited December 2009
    hiimSMAP;3328649 said:
    We Will Rock You
    Song 2
    A-Punk
    Dreaming of You
    Grace
    Really? There's that many? I thought it'd be maybe 10 songs that had short versions.
  • SonicRocker15XSonicRocker15X Headliner
    edited December 2009
    hiimSMAP;3328649 said:
    We Will Rock You
    Song 2
    A-Punk
    Dreaming of You
    Grace
    I could have sworn I played Ride A White Swan and it never let me select short mode.
  • BallisticJunkfoodBallisticJunkfood Headliner
    edited December 2009
    grim88;3328916 said:
    Really? There's that many? I thought it'd be maybe 10 songs that had short versions.
    He's saying that those are the songs that don't have short versions. Everything else in the game does.
  • grim88grim88 Opening Act
    edited December 2009
    BallisticJunkfood;3332739 said:
    He's saying that those are the songs that don't have short versions. Everything else in the game does.
    Yea, I understood. That's why I was suprised.
  • BallisticJunkfoodBallisticJunkfood Headliner
    edited December 2009
    grim88;3332913 said:
    Yea, I understood. That's why I was suprised.
    Oh, I misunderstood. Sorry. :p
  • Rich T.Rich T. Rising Star
    edited December 2009
    Most of the short versions end very abruptly with a quick fade at the nearest convenient moment after the second chorus--sometimes right after a guitar solo. Often the song stops right after a string of white notes. It's a little weird, but turns out to be a great way to speed through the final endless setlist! :)
  • LuigiHannLuigiHann Stormtrooper
    edited December 2009
    Rich T.;3335505 said:
    Most of the short versions end very abruptly with a quick fade at the nearest convenient moment after the second chorus--sometimes right after a guitar solo. Often the song stops right after a string of white notes. It's a little weird, but turns out to be a great way to speed through the final endless setlist! :)
    I was a little bit disappointed with this... when I first heard about the feature, I figured it could go one of two ways:
    A) LRB songs only, custom edited to end in a natural way
    B) All LRB and Imported songs, shortened formulaically using a set number of "sections" (using the same section divisions as practice mode) and ending with an abrupt fadeout

Seems like we mostly got the worst of both worlds here, although a small handful of the songs do have nicely-edited endings... still seems like they could have coded it to support DLC shortening as well.
  • Rich T.Rich T. Rising Star
    edited December 2009
    LuigiHann;3335623 said:
    I was a little bit disappointed with this... when I first heard about the feature, I figured it could go one of two ways:
    A) LRB songs only, custom edited to end in a natural way
    B) All LRB and Imported songs, shortened formulaically using a set number of "sections" (using the same section divisions as practice mode) and ending with an abrupt fadeout

Seems like we mostly got the worst of both worlds here, although a small handful of the songs do have nicely-edited endings... still seems like they could have coded it to support DLC shortening as well.
    As a Wii owner, I'd have been happy if my game had been coded to include DLC in any form.
  • hiimSMAPhiimSMAP Road Warrior
    edited December 2009
    SonicRocker15X;3328943 said:
    I could have sworn I played Ride A White Swan and it never let me select short mode.
    I checked and you're right! Editing my post.
  • RegulusRegulus Opening Act
    edited December 2009
    SonicRocker15X;3328943 said:
    ...That is the list of songs you can't shorten...
  • Non_TerminatorNon_Terminator Unsigned
    edited December 2009
    Tis a strange option..