i'm new and have questions... HELP!?!

haleydhaleyd Unsigned
edited December 2009 in The Beatles: Rock Band
hey everyone, i'm new to rockband and i just bought the beatles rock band for my wii the other night. i have a few questions though and i'm really hoping someone can help me and i apologize if these questions have been asked and addressed already.

my first question is: when i first turned on the game and went through the set up, it asked me to put in a username, which i did. then i went on to play and unlocked pictures and stuff like that. but, my dad wanted to play today and we can't find a way to make a username for him. is this possible? or will he have to always play under my name? that seems kind of silly. why would i want someone else unlocking stuff for me?

my second question is, i keep reading things about people playing certain songs, and i don't have those songs on mine... where are you guys getting these? like eleanor rigby... someone said they played that and it was really quiet. that's not even on my game... is there something i'm missing here??

i really appreciate anyone's help with these questions!!!

haley

Comments

• SnookerooSnookeroo Opening Act
    edited December 2009
    Welcome to the forums!

Don't own the Wii version, but I can answer #2.
    People also talk about The Beatles in general on here, not just the game. The dude talking about Eleanor Rigby was just talking about listening to it, and the version he had (probably on his computer) sounds really quiet. Some other songs talked about that aren't in the base game could also be Download Content, which adds new songs to the game, if you didn't know that already.
  • haleydhaleyd Unsigned
    edited December 2009
    thanks! i didn't know that you could download anything. to be honest, i've been a very avid anti-guitar hero and rock band girl for a long time... ever since guitar hero came out to be honest lol. but the other night for whatever reason i decided i wanted to try guitar hero (i had never played) and i was hooked. and since i LOVE LOVE LOVE the beatles i just HAD to go get it and did the very next day. so there's actually very little i know about what you can do with the game. sooo... after babbling on just now, lol, i guess my next question is how do i get download content?
  • hannie3000hannie3000 Rising Star
    edited December 2009
    To get the DLC (downloadable content), you first need to hook your Wii up to an internet connection. Not sure how that works exactly with the Wii, cos I don't have one..
    ...I think someone who actually owns a Wii can explain this better.
  • SnookerooSnookeroo Opening Act
    edited December 2009
    You also have to pay for DLC. Once in a great while, they will offer free songs, but no free ones have been released for Beatles. Each album costs points, usually around $17 worth give or take a few. So far, you can download the full Abbey Road and Sgt. Pepper's albums. And next week, the Rubber Soul album and All You Need is Love will be available for Wii.
  • gamegyro56gamegyro56 Road Warrior
    edited December 2009
    Snookeroo;3328819 said:
    You also have to pay for DLC. Once in a great while, they will offer free songs, but no free ones have been released for Beatles. Each album costs points, usually around $17 worth give or take a few. So far, you can download the full Abbey Road and Sgt. Pepper's albums. And next week, the Rubber Soul album and All You Need is Love will be available for Wii.
    Abbey Road is $19.50 and Sgt Pepper's is $16. Rubber Soul will be $22, and All You Need Is Love is $2. As for the first question, i haven't made any new usernames on my wii version, but you can make a new story campaign , that will start with the pictures locked.

Is this what you're talking about? They're talking about the song on their computer and not the game.
  • Rich T.Rich T. Rising Star
    edited December 2009
    Hi, Haleyd! Welcome to the forums and the best game ever made! :)

I have the Wii version. Unfortuntely, you can only have one username in the save file, but you can have several different story mode files saved under that name.

If you haven't already hooked up your Wii to the internet, check the manual for directions: It's very similar to setting up a PC. You'll also need an SD card in the machine's card slot. Once set up, use a credit card to buy Wii points at the online Wii shop (alternately, you can buy a Wii Points card at a retail store). Use these points to buy additional songs in the game's online music store. You don't have to buy albums all at once (though you'll probably want it all): Most songs cost $2 each. You're just in time for Rubber Soul :).
  • kherevakhereva Unsigned
    edited December 2009
    Hi! We bought the game as a preorder, which promised 3 free songs. We got our codes after picking the songs, and we tried to download them today, but we don't see any way to enter those codes! Please help!

Thanks.
  • ChaelChael Opening Act
    edited December 2009
    After you select the song there should be some optionslike download now or redeem code. Pick redeem code then put your code in.
    edited December 2009
    Sadly, there isn't. This is on a ps3. I select the song, and have the options Preview, View Album, Purchase, Exit. Purchase has an option to Put Money in my Wallet, Purchase, or Back.
  • PleasePleaseMeatPleasePleaseMeat Rising Star
    edited December 2009
    I think it should be under 'Put Money In My Wallet'.

That's how you redeem codes on the 360. Go to the 'add cash' screen. and there should be a 'redeem code' option.

Probably works the same on PS3.
    edited December 2009
    Tried that, got the option Credit Card or Playstation Network Card. Picked PSNC, and that gave me three bubbles to fill in. I filled in the bubbles with the code for the song, and got the message that the card number was not valid.
    edited December 2009
    Okay, solved it. For a ps3, have to go to account management, to Redeem Codes, but not in game.
  • blkninja1961blkninja1961 Opening Act
    edited December 2009
    Since we're on the subject of PS3, I notice that the in game store and the PSN Store only has full albums (in Canada). I have a US account and in the PSN Store all the tracks are listed separately. What gives?