360 owners overcharged on Rubber Soul?

Spidey987Spidey987 Opening Act
edited December 2009 in The Beatles: Rock Band
1440 Microsoft points works out as $17.99, significantly more than the $13.49 pricetag for PS3 owners.

What's the deal?

Comments

• kitlerckitlerc Road Warrior
    edited December 2009
    Spidey987;3330190 said:
    1440 Microsoft points works out as $17.99, significantly more than the $13.49 pricetag for PS3 owners.

What's the deal?
    I have a feeling that 13.49 is mispriced... $14 for 11 songs? Sounds too good to be true...
  • UltraceUltrace Road Warrior
    edited December 2009
    Don't expect a lot of sympathy from the PS3 crowd in here...

But yes, the PS3 price seems quite low. The 360 price appears right on, since it follows the usual album concept of getting a couple of songs for free with the full purchase (buying all the songs separately would run $22 instead of $18); I wouldn't be surprised if the PS3 price ends up being a typo.
  • gunnerxgunnerx Opening Act
    edited December 2009
    Who pays full price for MS Pts? :) I always buy when it's 20-25% off at the stores. Ebay is a good source for pts too.
  • kitlerckitlerc Road Warrior
    edited December 2009
    gunnerx;3330229 said:
    Who pays full price for MS Pts? :) I always buy when it's 20-25% off at the stores. Ebay is a good source for pts too.
    sales on microsoft points have become rare where I come from.

and I don't trust ebay for that sort of thing
  • DrRadonDrRadon Unsigned
    edited December 2009
    8.99€ is an Amazing Price, i expected 12-13€. :-)
  • Spidey987Spidey987 Opening Act
    edited December 2009
    gunnerx;3330229 said:
    You can get discounts on PSN cards too, so there's a price discrepancy whether you buy your Microsoft Points under market value or not.
  • edited December 2009
    Hey all - we're looking into this and trying to sort out what's up with the pricing. We'll have it sorted out before the album is out for purchases - we'll update this thread with any info.
  • PezzersPezzers Opening Act
    edited December 2009
    Price: $2.00 USD (200 Wii Points™) per each individual track

Sigh :( Gonna cost me $22. I'd be happy with 17.99.
  • BlasteroidsBlasteroids Road Warrior
    edited December 2009
    I hope the PS3 price is not forced up because of this! And it is nice to see an active interest because of it being a 360 problem, unlike the store prices we have had issues with on the PSN.

I am sorry if this appears to be a rant, but considering how HMX have said they have do not favor one over the other it hardly feels unbiased when you see such a quick reply (and I bet fix) to this.
  • andy0510andy0510 Unsigned
    edited December 2009
    It better not be a typo! at $13.49 I am definitely buying!!
  • oRabbitoRabbit Opening Act
    edited December 2009
    Pezzers;3330612 said:
    Price: $2.00 USD (200 Wii Points™) per each individual track

Sigh :( Gonna cost me $22. I'd be happy with 17.99.
    • $13.49 USD for “Complete The Album Pack”

• $22 USD if you have a Wii

eff that. You're breakin' my balls man.
  • ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited December 2009
    Blasteroids;3330618 said:
    I hope the PS3 price is not forced up because of this! And it is nice to see an active interest because of it being a 360 problem, unlike the store prices we have had issues with on the PSN.

I am sorry if this appears to be a rant, but considering how HMX have said they have do not favor one over the other it hardly feels unbiased when you see such a quick reply (and I bet fix) to this.

To put it bluntly, if you look at sales numbers there are two to three times more 360 owners of Rock Band than there are on PS3.

I'm not saying one version is better than the other, but the more paying customers that are affected, the quicker the response time I'd imagine.
  • deathmonkeydeathmonkey Road Warrior
    edited December 2009

Who said that it was a 360 problem?
  • SkodeSkode Headliner
    edited December 2009
    Considering the fact we will only get more Beatles albums hinges on the sales of the first three albums im not sure if i think its a great idea to have one console get it cheaper than another (as it stands each console has a different price).

I was willing to pay 1440 for it but now im hesitant as i dont want to be taken to the cleaners... im still peeved everyone was getting around 80 free songs via pepsi each whilst over here in the UK i was having to pay for all the songs every week. You get sick of being shafted after a while :(
  • ClipheadCliphead Rising Star
    edited December 2009
    The prices on the PlayStation Store and Xbox Live Marketplace have been set for weeks. The problem is that one of the prices (probably the PS3, making it a PS3 problem) is wrong on the press release.
    Considering the fact we will only get more Beatles albums hinges on the sales of the first three albums...
    That's being blown way out of proportion. I'm sure the albums are selling just fine.
  • deanowarddeanoward Unsigned
    edited December 2009
    MS sometimes messes up pricing anyway. I remember they annouced L4D Crash course for 560. It went up for 800. then millions of people conplained and it went down to 560. This may be an error on Sony/MS's side not harmonix
  • edited December 2009
    The announcement has been updated with the correct pricing info for the "Complete the Album" pack.

For the record, incorrect pricing was listing for the Xbox360 and PS3 in USD, Euros and pounds. It has nothing to do with special treatment being given to any one console or region.
This discussion has been closed.