Drums on Norwegian Wood?

TheBeatleHeadTheBeatleHead Opening Act
edited December 2009 in The Beatles: Rock Band
I thought the song didn't have drums, but Ringo is playing them in the dreamscape.

Any ideas/thoughts why?

Comments

  • liaminhliaminh Opening Act
    edited December 2009
  • TheLovelyNoiseTheLovelyNoise Rising Star
    edited December 2009
    a tambourine and a bass drum i do believe
  • AndywinXpAndywinXp Opening Act
    edited December 2009
    This is gonna be harder than Polly
  • TheBeatleHeadTheBeatleHead Opening Act
    edited December 2009
    liaminh;3330517 said:
    tambourine?
    You got it wrong. I'm not surprised that there is a drum chart, I don't get why Ringo is playing drums in this picture if there are no drums in the song at all. Take a look at this (from Wikipedia):

    John Lennon – double-tracked vocal, acoustic rhythm guitar
    Paul McCartney – harmony vocal, bass
    George Harrison – double-tracked sitar
    Ringo Starr – tambourine, maracas, finger cymbals
  • HamKetHamKet Opening Act
    edited December 2009
    If you listen carefully, you can hear what sounds like a bass drum in the right channel during the final verse.

    I imagine the finger cymbals from the final verse will be also charted.
  • deanowarddeanoward Unsigned
    edited December 2009
    TheBeatleHead;3330768 said:
    You got it wrong. I'm not surprised that there is a drum chart, I don't get why Ringo is playing drums in this picture if there are no drums in the song at all. Take a look at this (from Wikipedia):

    John Lennon – double-tracked vocal, acoustic rhythm guitar
    Paul McCartney – harmony vocal, bass
    George Harrison – double-tracked sitar
    Ringo Starr – tambourine, maracas, finger cymbals
    Possibly they have had it so he hits the hi hat on the tamborine hits as Ringo occassionly put his tamborine on his hi hat.
  • travmeatwadtravmeatwad Road Warrior
    edited December 2009
    TheBeatleHead;3330768 said:
    You got it wrong. I'm not surprised that there is a drum chart, I don't get why Ringo is playing drums in this picture if there are no drums in the song at all.
    Ahhh! What's up with John's fingers? Haha.
  • Beatles_FanaticBeatles_Fanatic Unsigned
    edited December 2009
    In Maxwell Silver Hammer, you see John playing with them when during the real recording he was recovering from a car accident he had been in. In fact, at one point in the song Paul chuckles because at that moment, John had pulled down his pants and mooned him!!!
  • TheBeatleHeadTheBeatleHead Opening Act
    edited December 2009
    Beatles_Fanatic;3331928 said:
    In Maxwell Silver Hammer, you see John playing with them when during the real recording he was recovering from a car accident he had been in. In fact, at one point in the song Paul chuckles because at that moment, John had pulled down his pants and mooned him!!!
    Random much?
  • xfearbeforexfearbefore Opening Act
    edited December 2009
    TheBeatleHead;3331950 said:
    Random much?
    Yes that was really random!
  • BeatlesFan88BeatlesFan88 Rising Star
    edited December 2009
    Beatles_Fanatic;3331928 said:
    In Maxwell Silver Hammer, you see John playing with them when during the real recording he was recovering from a car accident he had been in. In fact, at one point in the song Paul chuckles because at that moment, John had pulled down his pants and mooned him!!!
    Yeah this is very random but I remember seeing this in a different thread about Maxwell's Silver Hammer.
  • Leon-GunLeon-Gun Unsigned
    edited December 2009
    Didn't several people refuted this as a myth and claimed John didn't even go to the recordings? Apparently everyone except Paul himself wasn't too fond of the song.
  • californicationcalifornication Opening Act
    edited December 2009
    Leon-Gun;3332524 said:
    Didn't several people refuted this as a myth and claimed John didn't even go to the recordings? Apparently everyone except Paul himself wasn't too fond of the song.
    I can see why.
  • TheBeatleHeadTheBeatleHead Opening Act
    edited December 2009
    Yeah, could we get back on topic after this unnecessary derailing? Thank you.

    So, why are there drums on Norwegian Wood?
  • MarkItFabMarkItFab Unsigned
    edited December 2009
    TheBeatleHead;3332900 said:
    So, why are there drums on Norwegian Wood?
    Because it's a game, not reality? The same reason you play cello instead of bass on some songs? The same reason you play piano instead of guitar on some songs?

    I don't think this is much of a mystery, people.
  • bek_____2bek_____2 Opening Act
    edited December 2009
  • MrOwn1MrOwn1 Opening Act
    edited December 2009
    travmeatwad;3331442 said:
    Ahhh! What's up with John's fingers? Haha.
    He's got blisters on them? Oh wait, that's Ringo. :D
  • ergo2497ergo2497 Unsigned
    edited December 2009
    andywinxp;3330749 said:
    this is gonna be harder than polly
    rofl
  • TheCulpritTheCulprit Opening Act
    edited December 2009
    I think it's better than just not charting drums... then you get all the drummers complaining that they can't play the full album by themselves...
  • TheBeatleHeadTheBeatleHead Opening Act
    edited December 2009
    *sigh* I'm not surprised that there is a drum chart. I'm surprised that Ringo is ACTUALLY playing drums when the song doesn't have them.

    For example, in Within You Without You, there is a drum chart, but Ringo doesn't appear on drums because it's charted to a tabla.
  • RitzTitzRitzTitz Unsigned
    edited December 2009
    Directly from "The Beatles: Complete Scores"

    http://i378.photobucket.com/albums/oo230/Crackerz91/norwegianwood.png

    It's a bit hard to read (sorry, my scanner sucks) but it says: (from top)
    2x only (Tamborine)
    play
    NOTES
    NOTES
    (Bass Drum)
    Notes
    (1x Bass Drum)

    I can't read drums sheet music, but I'm pretty sure that this means that there are bass drum notes in this song. My guess is they charted tambourine to the blue note (based on the pic of the gameplay).
  • gamegyro56gamegyro56 Road Warrior
    edited December 2009
    RitzTitz;3337026 said:
    Directly from "The Beatles: Complete Scores"

    http://i378.photobucket.com/albums/oo230/Crackerz91/norwegianwood.png

    It's a bit hard to read (sorry, my scanner sucks) but it says: (from top)
    2x only (Tamborine)
    play
    NOTES
    NOTES
    (Bass Drum)
    Notes
    (1x Bass Drum)

    I can't read drums sheet music, but I'm pretty sure that this means that there are bass drum notes in this song. My guess is they charted tambourine to the blue note (based on the pic of the gameplay).
    yeah, well i have that book, and there are mistakes (they charted Paul's tapping his foot in Blackbird to the bass drum :rolleyes: )
  • onidragononidragon Road Warrior
    edited December 2009
    AndywinXp;3330749 said:
    This is gonna be harder than Polly
    I doubt anything could be harder than the 4 bass drum notes you had to play on that song.
  • MarkItFabMarkItFab Unsigned
    edited December 2009
    Guys: it's a GAME, not a documentary. There are already inaccuracies all through it, from the visuals to the game play. Why would anyone expect that to be any different in this case. It's a song with no or minimal drums, but in order for the GAME to be consistent, it needs to present something for drummers to do on the song. I don't see how much simpler it could be.
  • gamegyro56gamegyro56 Road Warrior
    edited December 2009
    MarkItFab;3338486 said:
    Guys: it's a GAME, not a documentary. There are already inaccuracies all through it, from the visuals to the game play. Why would anyone expect that to be any different in this case. It's a song with no or minimal drums, but in order for the GAME to be consistent, it needs to present something for drummers to do on the song. I don't see how much simpler it could be.
    What about Because and She's Leaving Home? :cool:
  • tomdabomb12354tomdabomb12354 Unsigned
    edited December 2009
    What about Because and She's Leaving Home

    those songs have nothing that could possibly be charted as drums so they dont have a track but this song has bass drum and tambourine which are percussion instruments therefore :drum track
  • gamegyro56gamegyro56 Road Warrior
    edited December 2009
    tomdabomb12354;3339013 said:
    What about Because and She's Leaving Home

    those songs have nothing that could possibly be charted as drums so they dont have a track but this song has bass drum and tambourine which are percussion instruments therefore :drum track
    there's no bass drum in the song credits.
  • TheBeatleHeadTheBeatleHead Opening Act
    edited December 2009
    MarkItFab;3338486 said:
    Guys: it's a GAME, not a documentary. There are already inaccuracies all through it, from the visuals to the game play. Why would anyone expect that to be any different in this case. It's a song with no or minimal drums, but in order for the GAME to be consistent, it needs to present something for drummers to do on the song. I don't see how much simpler it could be.
    Like I said before, the problem doesn't lie on the fact that there is a drum chart, but that Ringo is actually playing them.

    Using Within You Without You (Sgt. Pepper) as an example, there is a drum chart, but no Ringo, since the instrument played is a tabla.

    Using the Love version as an example, you can notice that Ringo only appears on-screen when the drums from Tomorrow Never Knows are played. When they stop and a tabla starts being played, he goes the way of Crystal Pepsi and vanishes.
  • MarkItFabMarkItFab Unsigned
    edited December 2009
    TheBeatleHead;3340408 said:
    Like I said before, the problem doesn't lie on the fact that there is a drum chart, but that Ringo is actually playing them.
    So what? It's a game, not a live feed from Abbey Road Studios.
  • TheBeatleHeadTheBeatleHead Opening Act
    edited December 2009
    MarkItFab;3341327 said:
    So what? It's a game, not a live feed from Abbey Road Studios.
    This thread makes me wonder if people are actually reading my posts.
    Myself said:
    Using Within You Without You (Sgt. Pepper) as an example, there is a drum chart, but no Ringo, since the instrument played is a tabla.

    Using the Love version as an example, you can notice that Ringo only appears on-screen when the drums from Tomorrow Never Knows are played. When they stop and a tabla starts being played, he goes the way of Crystal Pepsi and vanishes.
    As you can see, they obviously care if there are drums or not during the song.
Sign In or Register to comment.