The Beatles Rock Band Retail Track Pack

winkuswinkus Unsigned
edited December 2009 in The Beatles: Rock Band
I don't know if this has been asked before, but do you know if HMX has any plans of releasing a retail version of the dlc they put out for Beatles? If not the full albums then maybe a compilation of songs like they did for Rock Band with the various track packs.
I think they should because many casual players don't really use the downloadable services of their consoles and they would rather buy it in the store. Not to mention that it would be a really nice dvd to own.

Comments

• quinakingquinaking Road Warrior
    edited December 2009
    Why wouldn't they use the Downloadable content service? It's easy, it's integrated, and the membership is free. Yeah we would need it for the PS2 but Beatles isn't out for it.
  • winkuswinkus Unsigned
    edited December 2009
    I think there are many who just don't connect their consoles to Internet. If you look at the numbers for Xbox 360 which is a console dedicated to hardcore gamers more than Wii is , you'll see that more than half of the users don't use it online.
    I mean otherwise i don't see why HMX decided to release the previous retail track packs. And I think Beatles would benefit even more from this kind of packages.
    edited December 2009
    If they like they game enough they'll do research and figure it out. It's not that hard.
  • onidragononidragon Road Warrior
    edited December 2009
    quinaking;3332841 said:
    If they like they game enough they'll do research and figure it out. It's not that hard.

My mother is a big Beatles fan, and loves Beatles: Rock Band.

It took 8 months of watching me and me telling her how to work our DVD player for her to figure out how to work it on her own.

Your argument is invalid.
    edited December 2009
    Your mom is slow or she was lying about paying attention.
  • PleasePleaseMeatPleasePleaseMeat Rising Star
    edited December 2009
    Yo' momma!

Sorry. Had to be done.

A disc would be nice, for people like my friend, who lives in a place where it's EXTREMELY hard to get an Internet connection. He's got a 360, but there's no way of connecting it up.

He doesn't play TB:RB, but still, if he did, a disc would be great.
  • yaniv297yaniv297 Road Warrior
    edited December 2009
    I agree with the OP. Many, many, many people I know never bothered to connect their PS/360 to the internet.
  • JimF51JimF51 Opening Act
    edited December 2009
    quinaking;3336560 said:
    Your mom is slow or she was lying about paying attention.
    I'm sure that insulting comment helped answer the OP's question.
  • Rich T.Rich T. Rising Star
    edited December 2009
    They should give away track pack boxes for free. When the player gets home, they open the box and find--instead of a disc--friendly, detailed instructions on how to connect their console to the internet.

Seriously, Nintendo, Microsoft and Sony should get together (for once) and create a "Look what your console can do!" campaign to tell their customer bases how easy internet hookup is. OP, your mother certainly isn't alone. Of all my console-owning co-workers and friends, half of them don't even realize they can go online with their boxes.

A purchaser of such a track pack would be a TB:RB fan who plays the game often enough to want more tracks, but can't/won't connect to the internet (Probably mostly my fellow Wii owners, bless their casual gamer hearts). Only Harmonix knows if that number is great enough to justify the cost of creating a standalone "part 2" and putting a disc onto retail shelves.

Maybe the next generation of consoles will get a "Fab" edition of TB:RB that includes everything. :) Of course, by that time, games will probably only be available as downloads anyway.
  • DookieManDookieMan Road Warrior
    edited December 2009
    Most people that have Wiis aren't aware of anything Internet. It's kind of annoying.
  • fuselage321fuselage321 Ringo Impersonator
    edited December 2009
    I just cant connect it to the internet. It gets me sad:(
    edited December 2009
    DookieMan;3336966 said:
    Most people that have Wiis aren't aware of anything Internet. It's kind of annoying.
    Yeah, it is, but be patient with the folks: Many of them are buying their first console since the Atari 2600 or their first console *ever*. Without them, the Wii wouldn't have sold as mind-bogglingly well as it has.

Videogames are becoming mainstream entertainment for all ages, and we're in the "blinking VCR clock" phase. I'd bet many Wii owners connected to the Wii Shop for the first time because of TB:RB. Hopefully, those numbers will grow.
  • winkuswinkus Unsigned
    edited December 2009
    I also hope the number of people who really use their consoles at their true online potential will grow but still, I think that Beatles Rock Band will truly benefit from a disc release of the DLC. Not to mention that HMX and MTV (or Viacom) would probably get a nice profit that would convince them to go ahead with the planed DLC. So I'm totally in favor of this idea.
  • centaur_starcentaur_star Opening Act
    edited December 2009
    Maybe they could make a Music Game of the Year edition.
  • BZLuckBZLuck Opening Act
    edited December 2009
    It would only make sense, at some point, for Harmonix to create an "The Complete Beatles: Rock Band" package.

Include it ALL. The Ludwig drums, two (or all 3) Beatles guitars/bass, 3 mics and all of the completed DLC albums available at that time. They could take the combination of the on disc songs, and the DLC and make DVD "mini albums" with the original artwork from the LP's. Heck they could even toss in a couple of regular Beatles music CD's for a limited time as a bonus.

It might be a $500-$600 package, but I think it would be a great seller, as everything you would want or need for TB:RB would come in one big arse box, ready to go.

Heck, something like that would even make me seriously consider upgrading my console from our current weak Wii platform to a PS3 or X360 because I would get everything I need to make the transition, rather than having to re-purchase the equipment piece by piece and re-download all the DLC.
  • BeatlesFan88BeatlesFan88 Rising Star
    edited December 2009
    BZLuck;3337445 said:
    It would only make sense, at some point, for Harmonix to create an "The Complete Beatles: Rock Band" package.

Include it ALL. The Ludwig drums, two (or all 3) Beatles guitars/bass, 3 mics and all of the completed DLC albums available at that time. They could take the combination of the on disc songs, and the DLC and make DVD "mini albums" with the original artwork from the LP's. Heck they could even toss in a couple of regular Beatles music CD's for a limited time as a bonus.

It might be a $500-$600 package, but I think it would be a great seller, as everything you would want or need for TB:RB would come in one big arse box, ready to go.

Heck, something like that would even make me seriously consider upgrading my console from our current weak Wii platform to a PS3 or X360 because I would get everything I need to make the transition, rather than having to re-purchase the equipment piece by piece and re-download all the DLC.
    I don't think many people would fork out the money to get that. Especially in America's economic condition.
    edited December 2009
    BeatlesFan88;3338092 said:
    I don't think many people would fork out the money to get that. Especially in America's economic condition.
    I'd go for a software-only version, though. :)
  • bigball123bigball123 Unsigned
    edited December 2009
    If they ever do a disc based track pack, they will need to add more achievements. I hope they do!
  • ZorbaruZorbaru Opening Act
    edited December 2009
    how many MB is DLC for rock band.

i know that here in aust a lot of people are still have limited D/L plans and dont like d/l anything unless its absolutely necesary. also the Broadband network here is pretty crappy. some people are only on 256mbps. downloading at 25Kb/s would take forever.
  • TheObscureTheObscure Rising Star
    edited December 2009
    Rich T.;3336883 said:

Maybe the next generation of consoles will get a "Fab" edition of TB:RB that includes everything. :) Of course, by that time, games will probably only be available as downloads anyway.
    Next generation consoles are dead to me now if it's true.
  • JimF51JimF51 Opening Act
    edited December 2009
    Rich T.;3337034 said:
    Yeah, it is, but be patient with the folks: Many of them are buying their first console since the Atari 2600 or their first console *ever*. Without them, the Wii wouldn't have sold as mind-bogglingly well as it has.

Videogames are becoming mainstream entertainment for all ages, and we're in the "blinking VCR clock" phase. I'd bet many Wii owners connected to the Wii Shop for the first time because of TB:RB. Hopefully, those numbers will grow.
    I'm one of them :) I had a 2600, and then the 5200. After that, I only did gaming on the PC. We only bought a Wii after the wife got interested in the Wii Fit stuff. Had no need or desire to get online with it till TBRB, and then only to get the DLC. And that's the only online usage it's had. If all additional songs for TB were released on disc instead (or as well), I'd never bothered to connect it.