Album Download - Wii

FalkorFalkor Unsigned
edited December 2009 in The Beatles: Rock Band
Is it just me? I cannot find the option to buy/download the full album/set of Abbey Road or Sgt Pepper. Is this just not yet ready, or do the powers-that-be not want us to buy full albums, but tracks piecemeal?

Comments

• Rich T.Rich T. Rising Star
    edited December 2009
    Falkor;3333207 said:
    Is it just me? I cannot find the option to buy/download the full album/set of Abbey Road or Sgt Pepper. Is this just not yet ready, or do the powers-that-be not want us to buy full albums, but tracks piecemeal?
    Nintendo does not allow duplicate content downloads on their service, so tracks can only be sold individually.
  • esquehillesquehill Rising Star
    edited December 2009
    It just doesn't make any sense to me. Why, do you think?
    Who benefits from this no-duplicate-content rule? :confused:
  • LeoModestoLeoModesto Opening Act
    edited December 2009
    You just have to download each track separately. It's not that big an issue.
  • gamegyro56gamegyro56 Road Warrior
    edited December 2009
    the only downsides are that:
    1 You lose about $2-6 per album
    2 You can't get the Abbey Road Medley.
  • esquehillesquehill Rising Star
    edited December 2009
    LeoModesto;3333931 said:
    You just have to download each track separately. It's not that big an issue.
    It's more expensive for wii console owners;
    and, if I understand it correctly,
    you can't play the AR medley...as a medley on the wii,
    like on the other 2 consoles.

Who benefits from this no-duplicate-content rule?
  • ArchangelZeroArchangelZero Road Warrior
    edited December 2009
    esquehill;3335469 said:

Who benefits from this no-duplicate-content rule?
    Probably Nintendo. They get a pension for all DLC.
  • BZLuckBZLuck Opening Act
    edited December 2009
    I am a Wii-er.

From what I've learned, it is a limitation on the Wii's downloadable file size. Thus the reason they had to break out the Abbey Road tracks the way they did.

Nintendo never intended for massive downloads (like the Abbey Road medley) to be something that their users would need to download, so in a nutshell, you can't.
  • Rich T.Rich T. Rising Star
    edited December 2009
    esquehill;3335469 said:
    I'm in the camp that believes it's not that big a deal. I love the Wii, but it's not as powerful a console as PS3 or 360, and cannot duplicate every feature available on those machines. Within the limitations, I'm very happy and amazed at how great TB:RB turned out on Wii.

Would you believe there are 360 and PS3 owners who complained that they had to download the whole Abbey Road pack instead of buying the songs separately? No matter what Harmonix does, someone will always find the glass half empty. :)
  • FalkorFalkor Unsigned
    edited December 2009
    Massive Download? Sorry... that justification went out the window when "someone" allowed entering the code from GH:WT into GH5 to download the ENTIRE song list. A 10 track album is nothing compared to the 60+ tracks in GH:WT (I'm currently letting that download cook for an hour to download!)

Duplicate downloads? See above.

Underpowered system? What does the power of the system have to do with allowing add-on content? I've got 16GB SDHC card, so storage is not an issue. (No, i'm not arguing the power of the system. Nintendo really did hobble the poor thing!)

Yes, it's a matter of a "discount" of buying the entire album, and the apparent intentional disparity between platforms.
  • Spence57Spence57 Unsigned
    edited December 2009
    GH5 has track packs AND album downloads and it released 9 days before... rockband just didnt want to look into doing that extra step for TBRB for wii because they probably are just using duplicate (if not the same) servers as RB2
  • ZorbaruZorbaru Opening Act
    edited December 2009
    the album d/l in GH5 is not downloaded all at once. basically what it does is it marks the tracks that you have bought as "to be downloaded" and the wii then downloads the individual tracks in a batch.

look at it this way. if there are any songs you dont want, you dont have to get them. from what i can see xbox 360 an ps3 users have to buy the full album regardless
  • edited December 2009
    Zorbaru;3339763 said:

look at it this way. if there are any songs you dont want, you dont have to get them. from what i can see xbox 360 an ps3 users have to buy the full album regardless
    Well that's somewhat true with Abbey Road. We can buy Maxwell's Silver Hammer, Because, and Oh! Darling separately, but we can't cherry pick the individual medley mashups (Sun King/Mean Mr. Mustard, etc) like the Wii dudes can. We can, however, cherry pick Sgt. Pepper's (and I'm assuming Rubber Soul) songs just like you guys can.

Sucks that you guys can't get the discount like we can.
  • gamegyro56gamegyro56 Road Warrior
    edited December 2009
    MonkeyGoneToHeaven;3339777 said:
    Well that's somewhat true with Abbey Road. We can buy Maxwell's Silver Hammer, Because, and Oh! Darling separately, but we can't cherry pick the individual medley mashups (Sun King/Mean Mr. Mustard, etc) like the Wii dudes can. We can, however, cherry pick Sgt. Pepper's (and I'm assuming Rubber Soul) songs just like you guys can.

Sucks that you guys can't get the discount like we can.
    Rubber Soul is all singles too.
  • jwebb1970jwebb1970 Road Warrior
    edited December 2009
    Spence57;3338179 said:
    GH5 has track packs AND album downloads and it released 9 days before... rockband just didnt want to look into doing that extra step for TBRB for wii because they probably are just using duplicate (if not the same) servers as RB2
    GH5 & Band Hero are using the same servers as GHWT & Band Hero shares a common Music Store w/ GH5. The changes in track pack/album/export availability were written into the games themselves. This is why any GHWT DLC you may have shows up immediately in the GH5 & BH Stores as purchased - but with those WT tracks ,you are still required to DL a free in-Store update that adds the current game's features & supposedly ups the audio quality of those tracks.

TB:RB could have had at least an album purchase option if it had been written into the game.
  • Martipin12Martipin12 Unsigned
    edited December 2009
    I´m with you Falkor

F-U-C-K YOU XBOX 360!!!!!!!!!
  • AbsoluteBrawl3rAbsoluteBrawl3r Opening Act
    edited December 2009
    I'm fine with downloading the tracks individually but the only thing that grinds my gears is that i have to pay 1350 points to get:
    Polythene Pam/SCITTBW
    Sun King/ Mean Mr. Mustard
    Golden Slumbers/CTW/TE
    Its not the overall price that matters but its that when will I ever use X50 points again, nothing on the wii shop channel or as dlc is worth X50 points so that remaining 50 points will stay there forever basically
  • stutz68stutz68 Unsigned
    edited December 2009
    I have to agree. The .50 is going to be wasted..just round it off.