Green Day good for Beatles?

BeatlesPhins1BeatlesPhins1 Opening Act
edited December 2009 in The Beatles: Rock Band
With the release of Green Day Rock Band coming next year, is that a good thing for Beatles Rock Band? If they're releasing another single band based game then they obviously must be happy with the Beatles, which means more DLC for sure. And The Beatles will sell more then Green Day, so things can't be too bad for HMX.

Comments

• BLARGCOWBLARGCOW Opening Act
    edited December 2009
    They've probably had it in the making before Beatles Rock Band was released.
  • BornswaviaBornswavia Unsigned
    edited December 2009
    I really don't want a dozen single artist Rockbands. I mean, The Beatles have enough great music to do that, but if they continue with single artist games it might go down road for them, I think.
  • BeatlesPhins1BeatlesPhins1 Opening Act
    edited December 2009
    True. But they did have to acquire the rights for the beatles before green day. So if they were having problems and thought it would be an issue I'd doubt they would have went and spent even more for green day
  • General Lein979General Lein979 Headliner
    edited December 2009
    If it exports then no. Then it would fall under the ACDC category and it would only effect normal rb. Curious about the albums though and how they've sold so far though.
  • instantdeath999instantdeath999 Washed Up
    edited December 2009
    My first thought was that there would be less Beatles content, considering they would have to work on not only the regular income of RB tracks, but RBN, possibly RB3, and The Beatles Rock Band (along with possible Green Day content). I'm not sure all of the above are done by the same teams, in fact, I'm fairly sure they aren't.
  • gamegyro56gamegyro56 Road Warrior
    edited December 2009
    I wish they did Linkin Park instead of Green Day, since it's John Lennon's favorite band.
  • monkeyfishmonkeyfish Road Warrior
    edited December 2009
    gamegyro56;3335929 said:
    I wish they did Linkin Park instead of Green Day, since it's John Lennon's favorite band.
    Maybe he'll make a guest appearance at the 94 Woodstock venue.
  • theeggmantheeggman Opening Act
    edited December 2009
    I thought they were going to make The Who : Rock Band...
  • AwdrgyAwdrgy Opening Act
    edited December 2009
    theeggman;3335949 said:
    I was really hoping for that one...
  • mva5580mva5580 Road Warrior
    edited December 2009
    I think it's good in the sense that there's no way Green Day will sell more than The Beatles, so obviously they're in good enough shape to continue making these types of games and not have to worry about things financially.

I'd say it's a good sign for more Beatles DLC, if anything.
  • Firestorm12Firestorm12 Unsigned
    edited December 2009
    instantdeath999;3335846 said:
    My first thought was that there would be less Beatles content, considering they would have to work on not only the regular income of RB tracks, but RBN, possibly RB3, and The Beatles Rock Band (along with possible Green Day content).
    That's what hit me first. I think either 1)They're going to stop TB:RB DLC production (which I think would be crazy) to better work on the newer projects. Whether they come back to TB:RB in the future to do more DLC would be a separate issue. 2) TB:RB DLC production will slow down and/or they will result to producing smaller DLC song packs instead of complete albums. 3) In the best case scenario, DLC for TB:RB will not be affected at all (which I'm beginning to doubt, but I'm still hopeful), and we will continue receiving DLC at the current rate or (better yet) at a faster rate.
  • instantdeath999instantdeath999 Washed Up
    edited December 2009
    Firestorm12;3336129 said:
    That's what hit me first. I think either 1)They're going to stop TB:RB DLC production (which I think would be crazy) to better work on the newer projects. Whether they come back to TB:RB in the future to do more DLC would b a separate issue in this case. 2) TB:RB DLC production will slow down and/or they will result to producing smaller DLC song packs instead of complete albums. 3) In the best case scenario, DLC for TB:RB will not be affected at all (which I'm beginning to doubt, but I'm still hopeful), and we will continue receiving DLC at the current rate or (better yet) at abfaster rate.
    Even Beatles content every two or three months would be okay with me. The infrequency would give me something to look forward to. Maybe a single or two each month with an album every two or three?
  • BrianIsLiveBrianIsLive Unsigned
    edited December 2009
    Modern Day Band Games - No No. It Should've Been another Classic Band Like Zeppelin or Pink Floyd. Green Day Is Good, But Damn.... -_____-
  • Taxman999253Taxman999253 Opening Act
    edited December 2009
    At least Green Day will be exportable, but I think HMX is trying to sell it as more of a full band game, seeing as how they have GD avatars for the game. If Beatles DLC slows down because of this, I will not be a happy camper. I am hopeful that they'll continue with TB:RB. Please don't forget about us Beatlemaniacs!
  • RADIO CHRISRADIO CHRIS Road Warrior
    edited December 2009
    HMX better not forget about us fans down the road.
  • onidragononidragon Road Warrior
    edited December 2009
    BrianIsLive;3336165 said:
    Modern Day Band Games - No No. It Should've Been another Classic Band Like Zeppelin or Pink Floyd. Green Day Is Good, But Damn.... -_____-
    Zep will never, ever show up in an RB game. Page himself has said that he dislikes music games. This also goes for Prince and Nickelback (gasp!)

Also, I think there's a feud between the members of Pink Floyd over what to do with music games. I heard one member say he thinks they're stupid, and another say that he thinks that they open the new generation to the whole rock universe.
  • wrecklasswrecklass Unsigned
    edited December 2009
    theeggman;3335949 said:
    Argg, I hope not! I can't afford a new guitar controller after every session!

;)
  • CaptainKickerCaptainKicker Road Warrior
    edited December 2009
    Rock Band: Green Day is a joke compared to The Beatles. Better hope they dont forget us.
  • fuselage321fuselage321 Ringo Impersonator
    edited December 2009
    Most likely, Harmonix will now be making alot of band centric games that can export. They confimed Green Day, there is the voting for the Pearl Jam live one, and there is rumors about Queen, The Who, and The Doors, so the only thing we have to do now is wait, till Harmonix comes back to our side, and forgets the tears we cried. (you know, over Green Day before we knew it was exportable?)

:p
  • mysfarbrormysfarbror Opening Act
    edited December 2009
    Green day?

Harmonix, I am dissappoint
  • PectoralzPectoralz Rising Star
    edited December 2009
    Green Day is good, but this is stupid.
  • MostSpartan14MostSpartan14 Road Warrior
    edited December 2009
    I don't think this means anything bad for the Beatles. They were obviously working on GD:RB while they were making TB:RB and all of it's DLC so it's not like they can only work on one of the games at a time. If anything, this is a good sign for TB:RB because HMX is confident that band centric games can be successful.
  • WalterrrrWalterrrr Unsigned
    edited December 2009
    I like the idea of bringing the style of a band into The Beatles: Rock Band's format and am very glad it will be exportable
  • Billy-93Billy-93 Rising Star
    edited December 2009
    Green day suck, dont deserve a full game in a million years
  • LimaoxDLimaoxD Opening Act
    edited December 2009
    Oh.. I was hoping Queen: Rock Band or Pink Floyd: Rock Band
  • General Lein979General Lein979 Headliner
    edited December 2009
    theeggman;3335949 said:
    The exportable band games are their new track packs, I'm sure that one will come along with Queen, Pearl Jam, and maybe U2 and The Doors eventually.
  • TheRollingBonesTheRollingBones Headliner
    edited December 2009
    theeggman;3335949 said:
    And I think Queen: Rock Band is supposed to be in the works too.
  • CubecubedCubecubed Washed Up
    edited December 2009
    BeatlesPhins1;3335729 said:
    With the release of Green Day Rock Band coming next year, is that a good thing for Beatles Rock Band? If they're releasing another single band based game then they obviously must be happy with the Beatles, which means more DLC for sure. And The Beatles will sell more then Green Day, so things can't be too bad for HMX.
    not by quite as much as you might think.Count on it.