A question that may seem stupid.

Superion123Superion123 Unsigned
edited September 2010 in The Beatles: Rock Band
Okay, I got the Beatles rock band on my birthday, 10/4 after I saw Zombieland ( a good movie that I recommend you see). I got it for the wii but I now i regret that and feel like I should have gotten it for the 360. :( So I want to know, If i rent a xbox 360 software of this game, would i be able to inter-play the game with my wii guitar and drums and I wonder if that will also work for Lego rock Band.Also if this does not work, is there different Alternative.

Comments

• gamegyro56gamegyro56 Road Warrior
    edited December 2009
    No. wii instruments only work with wii games, and the same with xbox.
  • Firestorm12Firestorm12 Unsigned
    edited December 2009
    Stupid. You and your stupid stupid question. Stupid. Stupid. Stupid.

To answer your question, unfortunately, no, the instrument peripherals are not cross platform compatible. Wii stuff works only with the Wii. 360 stuff only works on the 360. Sorry. :(
  • IColinoIIColinoI Opening Act
    edited December 2009
    I have to admit at least you were honest with the thread title, that was a VERY stupid question ... XD

But FYI, in the future, there will never be an instance in which you can use hardware/accessories designed and built for one console will work with another, especially when they are made by competing companies.
    edited December 2009
    Alternate solutions?

1) Keep the Wii version and try to be happy with it. This will be your cheapest solution.

2) Trade in your Wii version of the game (and the Wii instruments if you wish) towards a 360 version of the game (and instruments if you need them). This will cost a bit of money.
  • SetherexSetherex Rising Star
    edited December 2009
    *Does not understand how Zombieland fits into topic*
    edited December 2009
    Setherex;3336168 said:
    Maybe Dead Paul has finally risen from the grave to come after Fake Paul?
    edited December 2009
    Firestorm12;3336219 said:
    Maybe Dead Paul has finally risen from the grave to come after Fake Paul?
    Setherex;3336168 said:
    I'm thinking he meant that his birthday presents were Zombieland and TB:RB.
  • Rich T.Rich T. Rising Star
    edited December 2009
    Hey, Superion123, don't feel stupid: Stupid would be to not ask. :)

As a Wii owner, I'd say consider the facts:

1) TB:RB is great on Wii. No shame.
    2) It's better on 360 and PS3.

Did you buy the Wii software-only version because you already had compatible instruments, or did you get the whole bundle for Wii?

Depending on your finances, and how casually (or not) you play, you should:

a) Stick with Wii. RB2 and TB:RB are excellent conversions. Lego Rock Band...Awesome game, but the Wii version's missing the music store--a huge let-down after the Beatles.

or

b) Switch to 360 now before you spend any more cash downloading music. You could always just buy the software and a guitar to get started. Keep the Wii version as a backup in case of RROD .
  • Superion123Superion123 Unsigned
    edited September 2010
    I need more opinions please
  • Superion123Superion123 Unsigned
    edited September 2010
    edited September 2010
    Superion123;4045359 said:
    Superion123;4045361 said:
    Seriously? And you even posted this TWICE? I answered this question almost a year ago. What would you need opinions on? You can't play the Xbox version of the game using Wii instruments. Either get Xbox instruments and the Xbox game or use the Wii version.
  • CaptainKickerCaptainKicker Road Warrior
    edited September 2010
    LOL this is funny.

Uhm an opinion.. Here's one... Read the post's from last year.
  • MurphyRockMurphyRock Rising Star
    edited September 2010
    IColinoI;3336099 said:
    I have to admit at least you were honest with the thread title, that was a VERY stupid question ... XD

But FYI, in the future, there will never be an instance in which you can use hardware/accessories designed and built for one console will work with another, especially when they are made by competing companies.
    True but with one specific exception coming up - I believe that RB3's Squier guitar will not be platform-specific (though the MIDI Adapter you need to use to plug it in will be).
  • nascarfan19nascarfan19 Headliner
    edited September 2010
    CaptainKicker;4045818 said:
    LOL this is funny.

Uhm an opinion.. Here's one... Read the post's from last year.
    at least he learned what the search feature was..........i hope :eek: