Green Day: Rock Band - Official Details: Official Discussion Thread!

MagnetMagnet Moderator
edited June 2010 in Rock Band
[QUOTE=HMXHenry;3336049]GREEN DAY, MTV GAMES, HARMONIX AND WARNER BROS. / REPRISE RECORDS ANNOUNCE GREEN DAY: ROCK BAND™

Artist Likenesses, Defining Albums from the Band’s Career and Exportable Track List to be Featured in Green Day Music Game Experience

“We’ve worked with the Rock Band team in the past year to enable our fans to play tracks from 21st Century Breakdown, and we’re excited to now be working on a game, spanning our entire career,” said Green Day's Billie Joe Armstrong. “We want people to fire this up, choose their favorite Green Day tracks, and play along with us as Rock Band avatars so they can feel what it's like to perform on stage as Green Day."

The game is an extension and expression of Green Day’s most-defining albums and key moments throughout their career to date. It will feature likenesses of Green Day members Billie Joe Armstrong, Mike Dirnt, and Tr

Comments

• LegendofRock3021LegendofRock3021 Nice Doggy
    edited December 2009
    solidsnakejt;3336279 said:
    hell yeah, exportable, like i told everyone for the last 5hours :)
    but anyway i will play the songs on that game most of the time :)
    I had no doubt it was going to be exportable since that was the best way to go about a game for a band such as Green Day, but now those who were paranoid that it wouldn't export were proven wrong. :)
  • xXZeroOverrideXxxXZeroOverrideXx Rising Star
    edited December 2009
    omghax;3336281 said:
    Yet another day on which I wish I hadn't blown all my money on DLC for the Wii version. Gah.

Still, I will FOR SURE buy this game and will love every second of it, I just wish I could integrate the songs onto more diverse setlists.. Wii, you make me want to cry =(
    What do you mean?
    edited December 2009
    LegendofRock3021;3336286 said:
    I had no doubt it was going to be exportable since that was the best way to go about a game for a band such as Green Day, but now those who were paranoid that it wouldn't export were proven wrong. :)
    Basket Case confirmed!
    :p
  • ZebracakesZebracakes Rising Star
    edited December 2009
    Who else thinks the guitar charts are going to be terrible...?? I love Green Day but I just don't see it being fun on guitar...it might almost be like playing bass with the repetition...
  • BevoTheWarriorBevoTheWarrior Cow Patty
    edited December 2009
    The next two items up for speculation: release date and amount of tracks. :D
  • DugrayDugray Unsigned
    edited December 2009
    Green Day is a terribly mediocre band to follow up a band game by the Beatles. Sure it exports, but don't you think the man-hours spent on this turd could be better spent on Rock Band 3?
    edited December 2009
    BevoTheWarrior;3336311 said:
    Yup, the excitement is going to build until then, can't wait until both are revealed. :)
  • Lameboy19Lameboy19 Headliner
    edited December 2009
    the whole exportable thing is a great selling point, might buy it based on that fact alone
    first
    edited December 2009
    BevoTheWarrior;3336311 said:
    Around May or June 2010 and 45 tracks.
    edited December 2009
    xXZeroOverrideXx;3336324 said:
    Around May or June 2010 and 45 tracks.
    Those are pretty much my guesses. (Hopeful wishes, that is.)
    edited December 2009
    We'll see if the game being fully exportable changes some people's minds who were against the game. I would've bought the game regardless of exportability and now that it's announced, it will be a day 1 purchase for sure. I think it's going to be a great game that's a lot of fun, can't wait until the songs and release date are revealed.
    edited December 2009
    Cant wait until the setlist is released.
  • omghaxomghax Unsigned
    edited December 2009
    xXZeroOverrideXx;3336287 said:
    What do you mean?
    Sorry, let me clarify.

I have a LOT of money invested in DLC for RB2 for the Wii. Unfortunately, the Wii has several limitations that the 360 and PS3 do not suffer from.

First and foremost, the space issue. Once you reach the end of a 2GB SD card, to the best of my knowledge, you either have to start using another one (limiting your setlist creation options because some songs are on one card and some songs on another) or try to get the 4GB workaround shenanigans to work (complicated and still only 4GB..).

Second of all, RB1 songs are non-exportable to the Wii due to the lack of a hard drive.

Third of all, ACDC songs are non-exportable to the Wii due to the lack of a hard drive.

Fourth of all, LEGO Rock Band songs are non-exportable to the Wii due to the lack of a hard drive.

Fifth, and most importantly to me, of all, Green Day: Rock Band songs will be non-exportable to the Wii due to the lack of a hard drive meaning that I will only be able to play the GD:RB songs by themselves, rather than say being able to create a diverse setlist of say (DOA - Foo Fighters, When I Come Around - Green Day, Down - Blink182, Savior - Rise Against, Hysteria - Muse, Give Me Novacaine, etc etc so on and so forth).

Just makes me really wish that I would have never purchased any Wii DLC to begin with because, in order to fix this problem, I would have to dish out the cash for RB2 for the 360 (with instruments), and all the DLC I have already purchased (about 2GB worth). Plus the cost of GD:RB and the fact that I'd like to have RB1 as well.

Understand my complaint a little more, now?
    edited December 2009
    omghax;3336337 said:
    Sorry, let me clarify.

I have a LOT of money invested in DLC for RB2 for the Wii. Unfortunately, the Wii has several limitations that the 360 and PS3 do not suffer from.

First and foremost, the space issue. Once you reach the end of a 2GB SD card, to the best of my knowledge, you either have to start using another one (limiting your setlist creation options because some songs are on one card and some songs on another) or try to get the 4GB workaround shenanigans to work (complicated and still only 4GB..).

Second of all, RB1 songs are non-exportable to the Wii due to the lack of a hard drive.

Third of all, ACDC songs are non-exportable to the Wii due to the lack of a hard drive.

Fourth of all, LEGO Rock Band songs are non-exportable to the Wii due to the lack of a hard drive.

Fifth, and most importantly to me, of all, Green Day: Rock Band songs will be non-exportable to the Wii due to the lack of a hard drive meaning that I will only be able to play the GD:RB songs by themselves, rather than say being able to create a diverse setlist of say (DOA - Foo Fighters, When I Come Around - Green Day, Down - Blink182, Savior - Rise Against, Hysteria - Muse, Give Me Novacaine, etc etc so on and so forth).

Just makes me really wish that I would have never purchased any Wii DLC to begin with because, in order to fix this problem, I would have to dish out the cash for RB2 for the 360 (with instruments), and all the DLC I have already purchased (about 2GB worth). Plus the cost of GD:RB and the fact that I'd like to have RB1 as well.

Well that sucks
  • TheGreatDaveTheGreatDave Unsigned
    edited December 2009
    omghax;3336337 said:
    Sorry, let me clarify.

If only it were possible for software developers to let you export songs to your Wii SD card and play then across different games!
    edited December 2009
    Well I'm tired.
    Be on here tommorrow.
    Later guys.
  • omghaxomghax Unsigned
    edited December 2009
    Yeah, that would be nice. It really does suck at the moment, because I am a huge RB2 player, and really love the game, but feel immensely shafted as a Wii owner..
  • RunesmithRunesmith Headliner
    edited December 2009
    Fantastic news that it's exportable. That makes it an insta-buy.

Some of the people over in the Rock Band sub-forum must feel pretty stupid now, I bet, for decrying HMX on abandoning the platform idea before an official announcement was even made.
  • BuRn7 CaK3BuRn7 CaK3 Banned
    edited December 2009
    Definitely cannot wait for this! I'll be buying it for sure!
  • FinnulfFinnulf Rising Star
    edited December 2009
    Wii points:

The 4GB workaround isn't that complicated. The hardest part is finding a 4GB SD (non-SDHC) card.

RB1, AC-DC, and LRB are not exportable due to developer laziness. People in the Homebrew and FoF communities are doing it. I'd much rather do it on the level and give HMX/artists my money for their product, provided they stop treating the Wii as a target for shovelware!
  • kingtonyxkingtonyx Unofficial
    edited December 2009
    For those saying the guitar charts will be boring, try playing them the way they're meant to be played! These songs scream voxtar.
    edited December 2009
    Runesmith;3336356 said:
    Some of the people over in the Rock Band sub-forum must feel pretty stupid now, I bet, for decrying HMX on abandoning the platform idea before an official announcement was even made.
    I agree, I'm sure it will change at least a few minds into buying the game now that the game is fully exportable. At the very least, it will make those who spoke out against Harmonix realize they were too quick to pass judgment when we didn't have any official information about the game.
  • ZebracakesZebracakes Rising Star
    edited December 2009
    ^ Good point, that could salvage it. Vocals should be awesome.
    edited December 2009
    Makes me wonder if Good Riddance would be a part of that setlist. Considering there is no Drums or Bass. I <3 that song a little too much. :D
  • CubecubedCubecubed Washed Up
    edited December 2009
    The Extreme awesomeness of drums will make up for any guitar deficiencies. Also,playing the "Longview" bass intro will finally happen!
  • AkuryuAkuryu Rising Star
    edited December 2009
    Runesmith;3336356 said:
    Fantastic news that it's exportable. That makes it an insta-buy.

That was not the only complaint. Sure some were concerned about exportability, and there were plenty of "No Export No Buy" posts, but its larger than that. Many are confused about the choice of band, the timing when it comes to things like over-saturation, why this couldn't be DLC, etc. Even more than those, I believe a lot of the frustration is simply because this game is not RB3.

The platform sat out for a year, and it was fine for the most part (save for a few issues like star tracking). HMX did some side-projects; RBU, The Beatles, LEGO...and it was fun. Once we got past those, I think there were many players that felt like "okay...we've gone outside the box for awhile, now its time to return to business." In short, they were ready for RB3. RB2 is starting to get a bit stale. People are itching for some new modes, features, options...basically a fresh coat of paint. The number of RB3 topics easily tripled over the last few months, and I think the general feeling was "its time."

Suddenly rumors start flying about more band games. Names like Green Day, U2, The Who, Queen, Pearl Jam are flying about, and many of those people were like "whoa now...lets slow down here..." Then today we find out the next Rock Band game is not RB3, but another band-specific title. All hell broke loose. I really believe that every new game HMX announces that is not RB3, will receive a similar reception.
    edited December 2009
    BuRn7 CaK3;3336400 said:
    Makes me wonder if Good Riddance would be a part of that setlist. Considering there is no Drums or Bass. I <3 that song a little too much. :D</div>
    I think it's a safe bet that it'll be on there. I can't imagine having anywhere from 15 to 30ish tracks spanning Green Day's entire career and not including their most commercially successful song.
  • dethklokdethklok Road Warrior
    edited December 2009
    This makes me a sad panda.

I started watching the VGAs and all i heard was a new Rock Band game. I got super excited thinking the first glimpse of RB3 was gonna come.

Then Green Day came on and said GD:RB.

I'm a mild GD fan, but a full game to them? I'm not liking the idea.
    Oh well. It's a rent for me, or maybe not play at all, but kudos to those who will play the hell out of this game. Haha

I'm still wondering where's RB3 info :(
    edited December 2009
    BevoTheWarrior;3336417 said:
    I think it's a safe bet that it'll be on there. I can't imagine having anywhere from 15 to 30ish tracks spanning Green Day's entire career and not including their most commercially successful song.
    Yeah that's what I was thinking too. It would be stupid to not have it.

Man, I'm so hyped for this. My first band oriented game that I actually WANT to buy since the day it was announced :D
    It also helps that Green Day is one of my favorite bands.
  • omghaxomghax Unsigned
    edited December 2009
    Finnulf;3336364 said:
    Wii points:

The 4GB workaround isn't that complicated. The hardest part is finding a 4GB SD (non-SDHC) card.

RB1, AC-DC, and LRB are not exportable due to developer laziness. People in the Homebrew and FoF communities are doing it. I'd much rather do it on the level and give HMX/artists my money for their product, provided they stop treating the Wii as a target for shovelware!
    I also would much rather do it on the level, but since that isn't possible I'm willing to try anything. Is there any possibility of you pointing me in the direction of websites that I can use as a guide to make this happen?