Aussie export running smoothly?

d_kiltro22d_kiltro22 Unsigned
edited December 2009 in LEGO: Rock Band
G'day everyone,

Well in true Harmonix fashion there isn't much info on the Lego export
page for us Aussies. I assume i'd have to use the EU PS3 button but im not to confident to try it yet, has anyone in AUS exported Lego to RB1 yet and has it all worked smoothly? And a big pat on the back for Harmonix again for a job well done! Can these guys do no wrong?

Cheers,

Comments

• mhenstrimhenstri Unsigned
    edited December 2009
    I have exported it now with the EU option on the website successfully
  • GraffinGraffin Rising Star
    edited December 2009
    Fairly certain it should work now.

And yes, we have to use the EU option... nice of them to acknowledge AU isn't it?

BTW, it's not the only screw up.

If you happen to have imported Rock Band 2 from the UK and somehow exported your Rock Band 1 tracks into that (like made a fake UK account or got someone to make one for you... don't you just love how they make us Aussies jump through hoops for the simplest of things that are available elsewhere?)... just a word of warning that Hysteria by Muse and Rock n Roll Star by Oasis will cause LEGO Rock Band to crash with a disc read error.

Seems they're aware of it, but in true Harmonix style, god only knows if anything is actually being done to fix it. Of course it works fine in the US... so, that's all that matters!

And, again with the Rock Band Export Key... not up on the AU PSN Store... and that's considering that the RB1 game states we can use its tracks in future games (which now includes LEGO Rock Band - that uses 22 from the RB1 disc).

EA in Australia don't have control over the store (they just handle instrument warranties) and EA in America/UK don't care because LEGO Rock Band isn't their game and they claim to be totally unaware that it even uses any of RB1's songs.

Apart from HMXHenry's assistance on here with the LEGO RB Export mess (which I really appreciated), we haven't had the best of customer support from Harmonix.
  • Lazarus35Lazarus35 Unsigned
    edited December 2009
    Mine worked fine. Aussie RB1, UK RB2 and Aussie L:RB. All for the Xbox360.
  • Lazarus35Lazarus35 Unsigned
    edited December 2009
  • MaRkiSHMaRkiSH Rising Star
    edited December 2009
    Lazarus35;3340230 said:
    Yeah but that's 'cause you're on the 360. Us Aussie 360 owners are lucky in that respect. People with a PS3, well they have to go the extra mile. Spare a thought for those with a Wii too.
  • MaghookMaghook Road Warrior
    edited December 2009
    HMX didn't develop LEGO RB... don't see how it's really their fault. Everything else is, though. :)
  • PaPaGeorGeoPaPaGeorGeo Unsigned
    edited December 2009
    I have US Rockband 1+2 on Ps3

Will I have to import Lego Rock Band as well, or can I just buy it locally?
  • GraffinGraffin Rising Star
    edited December 2009
    Maghook;3342065 said:
    HMX didn't develop LEGO RB... don't see how it's really their fault. Everything else is, though. :)
    HMX is the only common factor in all of the Rock Band games.

EA don't care that 2 songs from the Rock Band export crashes LEGO Rock Band, because LEGO Rock Band isn't their game.

TT don't care that 2 songs from the Rock Band export crashes LEGO Rock Band either, as Rock Band 1 and 2 had nothing to do with them.

So, tell me... who the hell fixes this mess?

I guess it works fine in the US, so that's all that matters.

The problem exists for anyone in the UK, Europe or Australia that exported the Rock Band 1 tracks (on both the PS3 and XBOX 360). Surely, it's a bug that would affect a fair number of users, but we've heard NOTHING on the subject.

Seriously, how long does it take to get a patch out?

Or, at the very least, if Harmonix have no control over the fix, then at least come forward with some contact details so we can contact someone that can fix this problem.
  • d_kiltro22d_kiltro22 Unsigned
    edited December 2009