"Revolution" in the "Your Shape" Wii ad

Rich T.Rich T. Rising Star
edited January 2010 in The Beatles: Rock Band
Has anybody seen that commercial for Ubi Soft's "Your Shape" featuring an awful, awful pop remake of "Revolution?"

On behalf of all Wii owners everywhere, I would like to extend my apologies to the entire TB:RB forum.

Comments

• HarrisonFanHarrisonFan Opening Act
    edited December 2009
    I've seen a many of crappy covers for ads ever since micheal jackson's death. Like Come Together for some clothes store and All You Need Is Love for a phone company its quite sad.
  • frostyMcNuggetsfrostyMcNuggets Opening Act
    edited December 2009
    I went to see 2012 and there was a trailer for some romantic comedy (Christ I'm sick of romantic comedies) with a cover of "We Can Work It Out". It wasn't the worst beatles cover I've ever heard, but it certainly wasn't great. I don't know why, I just can't stand hearing women cover Beatles songs, it annoys me greatly.
  • hannie3000hannie3000 Rising Star
    edited December 2009
    TheBeatleHead;3340895 said:
    I saw that one. The Drive My Car cover isn't bad. Actually, it's a pretty decent one.

Plus, it's just the chorus anyway.
    I guess I'm just generally not the biggest fan of covers.
    ..That, and perfume commercials.
  • TheBeatleHeadTheBeatleHead Opening Act
    edited December 2009
    hannie3000;3341140 said:
    I guess I'm just generally not the biggest fan of covers.
    ..That, and perfume commercials.
    Ah, can't argue that perfume commercials suck. They're passable when they have a good song playing, however.
  • BeatlesFan88BeatlesFan88 Rising Star
    edited January 2010
    Anyone have a link to this?
  • gamegyro56gamegyro56 Road Warrior
    edited January 2010
    I'm waiting for a cover of Revolution 9 to be on a commercial :D
    edited January 2010
    gamegyro56;3430076 said:
    I'm waiting for a cover of Revolution 9 to be on a commercial :D
    That would be epic
  • TheNewTheNew Opening Act
    edited January 2010
    Imagine that being on Disney channel lol
  • gamegyro56gamegyro56 Road Warrior
    edited January 2010
    No. Imagine Disney do Why Don't We Do It In The Road? that would be great!
    TheNew;3430088 said:
    Imagine all the people...
    edited January 2010
    Lol now that would be epic
  • Thrasher9294Thrasher9294 Opening Act
    edited January 2010
    What about the Blackberry one with the horrid All You Need is Love?

Also, the old Target "Hello Goodbye" takes the cake for the worst and most annoying to me.
  • BeatlesPhins1BeatlesPhins1 Opening Act
    edited January 2010
    frostyMcNuggets;3341043 said:
    I went to see 2012 and there was a trailer for some romantic comedy (Christ I'm sick of romantic comedies) with a cover of "We Can Work It Out". It wasn't the worst beatles cover I've ever heard, but it certainly wasn't great. I don't know why, I just can't stand hearing women cover Beatles songs, it annoys me greatly.
    I like the Pat Benatar Helter Skelter it's pretty good. And surprisingly colby callat[sp?] here comes the sun. And i think thats all.
  • DookieManDookieMan Road Warrior
    edited January 2010
    I saw the Wii Fit advertisement. There seems to be a ton of these around now.
  • imadorkimadork Unsigned
    edited January 2010
    I thought Sheryl Crow's "Mother Nature's Son" was pretty good.
  • Dragonheart1991Dragonheart1991 Road Warrior
    edited January 2010
    I heard the cover...think i might stab my ears now.

John Lennon and George Harrison must be turning in their graves.
    edited January 2010
    Dragonheart1991;3430414 said:
    I heard the cover...think i might stab my ears now.

John Lennon and George Harrison must be turning in their graves.
    of what? Revolution? Where'd you hear it at?
  • edited January 2010
    WOW. this is the worst part of that youtube video witht the coldplay cover.

some guy named 1starforeveryone says this:

:) I might replace the Beatles version with this in my MP4 player. The beatles version is nice, but I love how Coldplay modernizes the song with a fresh hip new style. It's like upgrading from a 1968 computer to a 2010 computer. Besides, George Harrison is dead, and it's kinda icky to listen to a song from a dead person.

then this:

I realise it maybe difficult to understand. You see, when a song writer dies, the life within the song also dies, and is replaced with a "deadness" that makes it harmful to listen to. The channel that connects the listener to the soul of the artist is severed, and what is left is degraded echoes. We have to make sure that we stay in the present with fresh music that is filled with new life.

and then this:

No, I heard it from George Harrison himself. He expressed his worry about people listening to his original recordings after he was dead. He wanted other artists to pick up on this song after his death to perserve the life in it, which is why I applaud Coldplay. Honestly, I think that after Ringo dies, a "BeatIes 2" should be formed to put a concentrated effort in creating new BeatIe songs to replace the old decaying versions.

that is so unimagineably ******ed that i cannot even comprehend it.
  • edited January 2010
    wow didnt realize that r e t a r d e d would be blocked.

suprising.
  • Big-A2Big-A2 Rising Star
    edited January 2010
    I'm quite sure that 1StarForEveryone is being sarcastic. 1968 computer? Hahaha.

Also, don't tripple post. Use the edit button.
    edited January 2010
    ahmynameisdave;3430455 said:

:) I might replace the Beatles version with this in my MP4 player. The beatles version is nice, but I love how Coldplay modernizes the song with a fresh hip new style. It's like upgrading from a 1968 computer to a 2010 computer. Besides, George Harrison is dead, and it's kinda icky to listen to a song from a dead person.

then this:

I realise it maybe difficult to understand. You see, when a song writer dies, the life within the song also dies, and is replaced with a "deadness" that makes it harmful to listen to. The channel that connects the listener to the soul of the artist is severed, and what is left is degraded echoes. We have to make sure that we stay in the present with fresh music that is filled with new life.

and then this:

No, I heard it from George Harrison himself. He expressed his worry about people listening to his original recordings after he was dead. He wanted other artists to pick up on this song after his death to perserve the life in it, which is why I applaud Coldplay. Honestly, I think that after Ringo dies, a "BeatIes 2" should be formed to put a concentrated effort in creating new BeatIe songs to replace the old decaying versions.

............................................................................................................................I'm stunned............
    edited January 2010

then this:

and then this:

Wow, what an idiot.
  • edited January 2010
    he isnt being sarcastic..

and nah i prefer to triple post.
  • MrOwn1MrOwn1 Opening Act
    edited January 2010
    This sounds like some weird-ass religion or something.
  • Dragonheart1991Dragonheart1991 Road Warrior
    edited January 2010
    The soul and life from Michael Jackson records hasn't died even though he has, so the guy is clearly an idiot for saying an artist dying kills the rest of the song.
  • edited January 2010
  • TheFuntoTheFunto Opening Act
    edited January 2010

then this:

and then this:

I'm disappoint.
  • TheFuntoTheFunto Opening Act
    edited January 2010
    Dragonheart1991;3430487 said:
    The soul and life from Michael Jackson records hasn't died even though he has, so the guy is clearly an idiot for saying an artist dying kills the rest of the song.
    When he said that both Mozart and Beethoven turned in their graves. John and George twisted and shouted.
  • SgtRubberRevolverSgtRubberRevolver Road Warrior
    edited January 2010
    So I guess I can't listen to Buddy Holly, since he's dead.
  • midge-beatlesmidge-beatles Unsigned
    edited January 2010
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNAb-CvJC0c

Possibly the only song that is acceptable as a cover.