Guitarist arm animations

xtreme2252xtreme2252 Unsigned
edited December 2009 in LEGO: Rock Band
Anyone else think it's funny? The way they move their arm all the way up and down the fretboard really fast at solos. Oh yeah, you know what they're good at

Comments

• MushroomMushroom Road Warrior
    edited December 2009
    It's because the hand movement mimics the fret buttons you have to press, but while you can use your fingers to hit these bits, they have to use their whole arm.

It's a nice little touch, makes up for the broken drum animations
  • xtreme2252xtreme2252 Unsigned
    edited December 2009
    Mushroom;3340321 said:
    It's because the hand movement mimics the fret buttons you have to press, but while you can use your fingers to hit these bits, they have to use their whole arm.

It's a nice little touch, makes up for the broken drum animations
    yeah, i noticed that. reminds me all too much of GH:WT. Man, did they ever slack off on the drum animations. No matter what song, it always looks like an ape pounding on the drums.
  • davidshekdavidshek Community Playtester
    edited December 2009
    xtreme2252;3340325 said:
    yeah, i noticed that. reminds me all too much of GH:WT. Man, did they ever slack off on the drum animations. No matter what song, it always looks like an ape pounding on the drums.
    They're LEGOs. There's only so much you can do to animate LEGO characters.
  • MushroomMushroom Road Warrior
    edited December 2009
    davidshek;3340551 said:
    They're LEGOs. There's only so much you can do to animate LEGO characters.
    You could at least have them hitting the right drums, like they do on regular rock band.
  • kitlerckitlerc Road Warrior
    edited December 2009
    Mushroom;3340581 said:
    You could at least have them hitting the right drums, like they do on regular rock band.
    Dude, half the time on a part that is only bass guitar, the bassist isn't animated as playing, they are tapping their hip.
  • NoThru22NoThru22 Road Warrior
    edited December 2009
    They could have mapped a drum pad or cymbal to each color like they did for the frets.
  • davidshekdavidshek Community Playtester
    edited December 2009
    Mushroom;3340581 said:
    It's hard to hit the right drums when you have elbows that don't bend ;)
  • monkeyfishmonkeyfish Road Warrior
    edited December 2009
    davidshek;3340643 said:
    It's hard to hit the right drums when you have elbows that don't bend ;)
    Damn, it must suck to be a drummer with no wrist movement. Imagine the elbow and shoulder pain!
  • JixzerJixzer Hillbilly Deluxe
    edited December 2009
    Well, they don't technically have elbows either, so it's all shoulder. :)
  • monkeyfishmonkeyfish Road Warrior
    edited December 2009
    They do, but they're dry-macaroni style elbows. So they can't even apply Icy Hot to themselves without assistance.
  • RampantFrenzyRampantFrenzy Opening Act
    edited December 2009
    xtreme2252;3340315 said:
    Anyone else think it's funny? The way they move their arm all the way up and down the fretboard really fast at solos. Oh yeah, you know what they're good at

not really... whats that?
  • xtreme2252xtreme2252 Unsigned
    edited December 2009
    RampantFrenzy;3342299 said:
    not really... whats that?
    doing anything that requires lots of repeated movement of the arm
  • nightglider1nightglider1 Unsigned
    edited December 2009
    xtreme2252;3343735 said:
    doing anything that requires lots of repeated movement of the arm

Like tennis. Or throwing baseballs, or hammering nails. Stuff like that.
  • leob5622leob5622 Opening Act
    edited December 2009
    I wish they had better animations for the singer.

Anyway, I agree they could have mapped the drums like the guitar and bass.

Pumping up 'Super Soakers'?
  • folkeyefolkeye Headliner
    edited December 2009
    They're Lego's, they're silly. It's more for amusement than realism.
  • OakTeaOakTea Road Warrior
    edited December 2009
    I just considered them a parody of the animations of earlier Guitar Hero games. The drummer in particular reminded me of the drummer from GH3...
    edited December 2009
    GH3 is just fancy paint over GH2. Neversoft had to hurry and create it. That's why it still feels like a Harmonix game. Aside from the shamless advertising. (AXE)

Anyway, didn't Tt do the animations? If so, why are we whining to HMX about this?
  • SonicRocker15XSonicRocker15X Headliner
    edited December 2009
    leob5622;3358236 said:
    GH3 is just fancy paint over GH2. Neversoft had to hurry and create it. That's why it still feels like a Harmonix game. Aside from the shamless advertising. (AXE)

Anyway, didn't Tt do the animations? If so, why are we whining to HMX about this?
    You think GH3 felt like a Harmonix game?
    edited December 2009
    The character models weren't changed yet and, the overall flow of the game was very similar to previous entries. We're getting off topic.
  • IanC14IanC14 Unsigned
    edited December 2009
    I recall Judy Nails looking way bustier in GH3 than she did in GH2 (and thankfully they toned her down since then)
  • ShadowChaosControlShadowChaosControl Rising Star
    edited December 2009
    does anyone have a video of aces high in LRB, i want to see the guitar animation during the solo
  • IanC14IanC14 Unsigned
    edited December 2009
    Ok the bassists animation (or lack of) is starting to annoy. She (kept the default mini-fig for band members aside from me) just stands there, clapping her hands or doing a little dance, even when the bass is clearly playing. Oddly when the lead guitar kicks in she started to play... think theres something wrong somewhere!
  • JoshVanHalen87JoshVanHalen87 Road Warrior
    edited December 2009
    Hmm, the drummer´s animation are the worse IMO