Premium bundle for Wii

bmwm3gt2bmwm3gt2 Unsigned
edited December 2009 in The Beatles: Rock Band
Hi, could someone please confirm that everything is wireless or does it use a usb hub? Many thanks, Chris

Comments

  • bmwm3gt2bmwm3gt2 Unsigned
    edited December 2009
    Sorry to be a pain but also I have a PS3, if I got it on PS3 would they be wireless? And are they compatible with Wii also? Sorry for so many questions!
  • davidshekdavidshek Community Playtester
    edited December 2009
    bmwm3gt2;3341277 said:
    Sorry to be a pain but also I have a PS3, if I got it on PS3 would they be wireless? And are they compatible with Wii also? Sorry for so many questions!
    The instruments are wireless, but even still, they have a wireless receiver (usually called a "dongle" around here) that plugs into the USB port(s) on your PS3 or Wii. You will need the same number of available USB ports as the number of wireless instruments you plan to use (guitars and drums, mics are not wireless). If that number is greater than 2, you'll likely need a USB hub.

    And no, PS3 instruments are not compatible with the Wii.
  • bmwm3gt2bmwm3gt2 Unsigned
    edited December 2009
    davidshek;3341311 said:
    The instruments are wireless, but even still, they have a wireless receiver (usually called a "dongle" around here) that plugs into the USB port(s) on your PS3 or Wii. You will need the same number of available USB ports as the number of wireless instruments you plan to use (guitars and drums, mics are not wireless). If that number is greater than 2, you'll likely need a USB hub.

    And no, PS3 instruments are not compatible with the Wii.
    Many thanks you are a star!
  • LeoModestoLeoModesto Opening Act
    edited December 2009
    Yeah, um. Also of note is that the USB dongle for the Hofner bass includes two extra USB ports. You only really need to use one of the console's ports if you're only using the instruments from that bundle.
  • bmwm3gt2bmwm3gt2 Unsigned
    edited December 2009
    LeoModesto;3341447 said:
    Yeah, um. Also of note is that the USB dongle for the Hofner bass includes two extra USB ports. You only really need to use one of the console's ports if you're only using the instruments from that bundle.
    Good stuff, thanks for that, wont have to keep unplugging remote charger :D
  • jwebb1970jwebb1970 Road Warrior
    edited December 2009
    LeoModesto;3341447 said:
    Yeah, um. Also of note is that the USB dongle for the Hofner bass includes two extra USB ports. You only really need to use one of the console's ports if you're only using the instruments from that bundle.
    Same deal on RB2 Strats & (AFAIK) the Beatles Rickenbacker and/or Gretsch - gtr dongles have 2 USB ports. With a guitar & bass connected directly to each of Wii's 2 USB ports, you then have 4 open ports to add drums & up to 3 mics. Button set on the drums allows menu navigation via drums w/o a Wiimote. Whether you have 1, 2 or 3 vocalists, only 1 Wiimote governs all mics.

    Keep in mind that GUITAR dongles must be connected directly to the Wii's USB ports (or connected to an external hub that is connected directly to the Wii). RB guitars are recognized by the Wii as Wiimotes (accellerometers exist in the RB guitars) & must be "seen" as such by the Wii to function. This helps explain why GH guitars actually use a Wiimote as opposed to the USb/Bluetooth method found w/ RB stuff. Drum dongles and mics can be daisy chained to a gtr dongle, however.
  • edited December 2009
    I bought 2 Logitech USB mics which were labelled as being for the PS3/PS2. They are exactly the same mics that come with the bundle for Wii apparently. I couldn't resist buying the extra mics at 12 bucks each. They were on clearance at KMart.

    PS- I had a defective Gretsch controller (only strummed down) and EA replaced it within 3 days! I know some of that cred goes to UPS but wow EA! That was awesome. Thanks!
  • JimF51JimF51 Opening Act
    edited December 2009
    jwebb1970;3341480 said:
    Keep in mind that GUITAR dongles must be connected directly to the Wii's USB ports (or connected to an external hub that is connected directly to the Wii).
    Not true. Currently, I have the drum and one guitar dongle connected directly to the Wii, as they get used the most often. 2nd guitar dongle (and mic, when needed) gets plugged into the 1st guitar dongle.
Sign In or Register to comment.