Official "Running Wild" DLC Thread

NFH_FuggernautNFH_Fuggernaut Unsigned
edited January 2012 in Your Ultimate Setlist
No one has made this yet so whatever im going for it.

I know that many of you out there have most likely never heard of Running Wild, so im here to inform you and try to rally some people behind this group.

Running Wild is the worlds first Pirate Metal band, yes you read correctly, Pirate Metal, and while it may be "Pirate" Metal it is still metal. Its not like their screaming "YOHOHO AND A BOTTLE OF RUM", its pirate themed but it still maintains that feel that you would get with any other metal band. Their songs would appeal to those who like a challenge because...well...there challenging. Anyway its truly hard to describe how there music sounds so i will post some links to youtube of my favorite songs by them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gm7T5d-5rP8&feature=related The Rivalry

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpqlNO4EFFk Riding The Storm (Starts out slow but really picks up at around 1:45)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r15rFSIPzWw Under Jolly Rodger

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=myy3FAoEAdk Pirate Song

These are just a few songs by them, if you like them feel free to look up more songs by them. But i think it would be a nice addition to rockband, and remember just because they add it doesnt mean you have to buy it so give honest opinions, just dont be a jerk about it.:cool:

Comments

• shadowracershadowracer Rising Star
    edited December 2009
    I liked what I heard so yes let's get some Running Wild. and just for notice Riding The Storm was on Brutal Legend.
  • NFH_FuggernautNFH_Fuggernaut Unsigned
    edited December 2009
    Thanks for the comment!:D Ive showed this band to all my friends and we have listened to this on a stereo at our table outside at school and have had multiple people come up to us and ask us who they are and want to know about them.
    edited December 2009
    how is there 73 views and 1 comment, i guess i cant gather the support i wanted for this band, its a little disappointing, i really dont want to see this thread die.
  • LegendofRock3021LegendofRock3021 Nice Doggy
    edited December 2009
    Hell yes, another band I'd love to see in the game, bring on any and all Running Wild. Even if it's just Riding the Storm because of the song's ties to Brütal Legend, that would be amazing.
  • caspian88caspian88 Opening Act
    edited December 2009
    This would help end the power metal deficit, and it'd be highly enjoyable. I would seriously consider purchasing Running Wild.
    edited December 2009
    thanks for the support!
  • ZhaneBXZhaneBX Opening Act
    edited December 2009
    Yeah, i loved Riding the Storm in Brütal Legend! XD

But i knew them before that and my fav song is the Pirate Song :D
    I would support them for rb.
  • JordanfreJordanfre Rising Star
    edited December 2009
    Yo, Running Wild, I'm really happy for you and I'ma let you finish but Alestorm is the greatest pirate metal band of all time. Of all time!
  • LegendofRock3021LegendofRock3021 Nice Doggy
    edited December 2009
    Jordanfre wrote: »
    Yo, Running Wild, I'm really happy for you and I'ma let you finish but Alestorm is the greatest pirate metal band of all time. Of all time!

lolno, Running Wild completely slaughters Aletstorm. :p
    edited December 2009
    Jordanfre wrote: »

yeah thing about that is no, you just had to do the douchie kanye bit didnt you.
  • bipolarbear1968bipolarbear1968 Unsigned
    edited December 2009
    Port Royal and Under Jolly Roger are two of the the best albums I own. I've always liked Rolf Kasparek's vocals.

Indeed a great addition to Rock Band 2!
    edited December 2009
    Port Royal and Under Jolly Roger are two of the the best albums I own. I've always liked Rolf Kasparek's vocals.

Indeed a great addition to Rock Band 2!

ya i got em' too and best of adrian, i had to get mine imported to the local music store from germany because they dont sell them anywhere
  • Altus_NarroAltus_Narro Unsigned
    edited January 2012
    Definitely! I'd love to see some Running Wild! "Conquistadors" rocks. Anything from Black Hand Inn would be great too.
  • I've only heard three albums from them. Under Jolly Roger, Port Royal, and Black Hand Inn. But all were at least very good, and many songs were great. I've seen that their albums from 1987 to 1998 have been well recieved by critics, so I'd take anything from those albums.