Song Lengths

animemetalheadanimemetalhead Road Warrior
edited December 2009 in The Rock Band Network
I heard somewhere that we couldn't make songs longer than 10 minutes, but I never saw anything in the docs about a maximum length, only that they had to be at least 30 seconds.

I'm curious, because I don't want to have to shorten my work-in-progress prog song just to get it in the RBN.

Comments

• trg007trg007 Your Ever Rocking RBN Forum Guru
    edited December 2009
    animemetalhead;3343685 said:
    I heard somewhere that we couldn't make songs longer than 10 minutes, but I never saw anything in the docs about a maximum length, only that they had to be at least 30 seconds.
    What you heard is correct. Song length can be anywhere from 30 seconds to 10 minutes.
  • animemetalheadanimemetalhead Road Warrior
    edited December 2009
    Damn. So no 15 minute epic, huh...
  • SHPhr34kSHPhr34k Opening Act
    edited December 2009
    The reason is due to hardware limitations on the 360 and PS3. Once the song is over 10 minutes, you start to run into memory issues that are not easily tested through Audition more, or on anything other than a development console. Some songs would be able to work to about 11 min or so but that greatly depends on how the audio streams are formatted. Because of this, 10 minutes max was created as a hardline.
  • XenigmaXenigma Opening Act
    edited December 2009
    animemetalhead;3343702 said:
    Damn. So no 15 minute epic, huh...
    No, but if you really want it on RBN you could always edit it down to 10 minutes. It may not be the most desirable solution, but better to cut some of the less exciting segments than not have the song at all.
  • ImmortalAbbathImmortalAbbath Opening Act
    edited December 2009
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6vEkdwYzIA

This song should be nearly 13 Minutes long
  • trg007trg007 Your Ever Rocking RBN Forum Guru
    edited December 2009
    ImmortalAbbath;3374381 said:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6vEkdwYzIA

This song should be nearly 13 Minutes long
    I imagine he'll be editing it down to 10 minutes or less; otherwise, he won't be able to submit it to the RBN.