Trade a brand new, never opened PS3 Beatles Rickenbacker for Hofner Bass?

SDwinderSDwinder Unsigned
edited December 2009 in The Beatles: Rock Band
I picked up an extra Beatles Rickenbacker controlller on a deal at Best Buy on Sunday. What I would like to do is trade it for the Hofner Bass controller, that came with the Premium package. The Hofner would have to be in like new condition.

My Rick is brand new, never opened, with receipt. I live in Palm Desert, CA in USA.

I apologize if this is against the forum rules. Please delete if it is.

Comments

• blkninja1961blkninja1961 Opening Act
    edited December 2009
    Given the exclusivity of the Hofner, I would think that you'd have to sweeten the pot a bit. On the other hand, some have posted that they're not jazzed with the Hofner so, you may get lucky.
    I have a Hofner and wouldn't trade it for the Rick AND the gretsch!! Love it..
    Good luck.
  • SDwinderSDwinder Unsigned
    edited December 2009
    Yes, I figured maybe someone that was not as comfortable with the Hofner. Maybe a shorter person with shorter reach. I am a 6'4 guy with long wingspan, so thought I might like the Hofner.
    Thanks for the input.
    edited December 2009
    LOL - well you have a longer reach than I do but, I really like the size of the Hofner. My other guitar is an RB1 so, the Hofner is head and shoulders above that. Great action! I've not played the others but, would like to get the Gretsch!

edit: corrected verbage - duh/groan
    edited December 2009
    Looks like we were born the same year! I saw a Gretsch in person and was a little underwhelmed. I like the look of the Rick better, but might like the added neck length of the Gretsch. The Rick and the RB2 guitars are very similar in reach.
  • MusePTMusePT Rising Star
    edited December 2009
    If you lived in Europe I would trade with you... I bought the Special Edition when it came out and never liked the Hofner Bass... This month the drums failed so I returned it to the store and bought a new special edition that arrived last week and is yet to be opened...

It's a pity I'm from Portugal and you the USA :(
  • reppination7reppination7 Unsigned
    edited December 2009
    i dont have to worry about it. i have the hofner, the gretsch, and the rickenbacker
  • gamegyro56gamegyro56 Road Warrior
    edited December 2009
    blkninja1961;3344054 said:
    LOL - well you're a lot longer than I am
    I...just...nevermind.
    edited December 2009
    gamegyro56;3346497 said:
    I...just...nevermind.
    ....groan....

edited December 2009
  • MagnetMagnet Moderator
    edited December 2009
    Conducting any kind of business on the forums is against the rules. This includes advertising, bartering, linking to auction sites, etc. Sorry!

It's also worth noting that bumping threads is considered bad form and is not allowed on the forums either.
This discussion has been closed.