Help, Wii wont stay connected to game server

GoingPostalGoingPostal Unsigned
edited December 2009 in The Beatles: Rock Band
Hello new to the forums but hoping somebody can help me. I went to the music store today to buy the Rubber Soul DLC. after purchasing 4 songs a message came up saying..."not enough available space in Wii system memory to connect to the server, Create 1 block of free space..." Yes all of my DLC is already on a SD Card and I have 1354 free blocks in system memory. So is this a server problem or a problem with my Wii? Hope somebody can help me my life is not complete without rubber soul! Quick second question, can i you move DLC from Wii to Wii

Comments

• jbears1970jbears1970 Unsigned
    edited December 2009
    I had this exact problem a few weeks back. Moving everything from Wii memory to SD cards except my Beatles save game file and RB2 save game file didn't help. Deleting the Beatles save game file and creating a new one by restarting the game solved the problem - seems that file was corrupted somehow. Bad news is I lost all the stats and achievements and had to start over, and re-download all the Beatles DLC. :( The DLC showed as purchased but not downloaded after I restarted.

Better than reformatting the Wii memory and losing RB2 band data, though. Wish the save game files for TB:RB and RB2 were able to be copied or moved for back up to SD cards. Still don't understand that.

Hopefully someone else has an answer to your DLC question. I (vaguely) know that if your console goes bad there is a way to contact tech support to transfer your RB2 DLC from console to console, but don't know the process and don't know if that's applicable to TB:RB. The transfer issue is on the forums if you search for it. Good luck.
  • PezzersPezzers Opening Act
    edited December 2009
    I'm having the exact same problem, this is the first time I've ever seen it.

Clearly there is enough memory to connect to the server cause I can play online no problem.

Update: I just connected to the internet by going to online quickplay, then exited out and went back to the store and it appears to be working fine.
  • Moony_LupinMoony_Lupin Rising Star
    edited December 2009
    I'm having this problem too! I downloaded about three of the songs and then, BAM... "delete or moved save data and create 1 block of free space." Anyone have a fix before I start deleting stuff?

I tried connecting to the online play and then going to the store with no results.
  • SIGEP99SIGEP99 Unsigned
    edited December 2009
    I've been having the same issue.... Glad to see it isn't only me!!!
  • PezzersPezzers Opening Act
    edited December 2009
    I downloaded a little over half the album (ran out of Wii points :() and it worked fine. I haven't tried going back in yet, did you try turning off your Wii and disconnecting completely from the internet? I know you probably did but sometimes I overlook silly little things when troubleshooting too.
  • SIGEP99SIGEP99 Unsigned
    edited December 2009
    I've usually just gone away for a bit and then when I come back... VOILA!!! The issue is no longer there..
    edited December 2009
    I certainly moved some stuff, but things were still not working.

Then I just went to the all songs option, rather than "new relases" in the store and "voila" it worked fine.
  • catdogtncatdogtn Unsigned
    edited December 2009
    i am having the same problem!! but only was able to download Mechelle,cant download the rest of rubber soul! some one needs to get off of there butt and fix the problem come on lets get with it ! i got all of rubber soul dlc down loaded np! and they play fine, the only problem is you cant revue the song before you buy it, then you get kicked out of the store, lack of memorry!
  • jbears1970jbears1970 Unsigned
    edited December 2009
    When I had this problem, nothing I did short of deleting the save game file worked. Disconnecting, rebooting, shutting down to red and waiting a day. Boo. RB2 worked fine at the time - all online options and downloads/music store.

The problem hasn't recurred since then. Would like to hear from a techie, though.
  • jwebb1970jwebb1970 Road Warrior
    edited December 2009
    Same issue for me - I would gfet kicked from the store for "lack of memory" like the others here, but generally when trying to load the track preview. Was able to DL 4 RS tracks yesterday w/ no problems.

Will try the online Quickplay trick. At worst, it sounds like deleting the save file works. Unlike RB2 & it's near year of collected save data, I can live with losing my Beatles data - just a good reason to replay the Story mode.

BTW, the reason this save data can't be moved is the same reason most online-equipped Wii titles do not allow it. Portions of your save data are tied to your online & Wii Shop accounts. In order to keep folks from doing things like swapping DLC btwn consoles - and according to Nintendo to "preserve the integrity of the Wii's online service" - such data is tied to your Wii. Mario Kart & Smash Bros are other examples of online games that must retain save data internally.

Some online games - in particular GH5/BandHero & a few other recent titles - DO allow you to copy your save data to SD card. However, when you do copy it, you are informed on screen that the data is only playable on YOUR Wii. ANd in these cases, you can only COPY data, not MOVE it.
    edited December 2009
    Like I said in an earlier post, rather than choose from the "New Releases" link (where I kept getting the error), I went to the "All songs" link and bought the tracks from within there. I didn't have to delete a thing.
  • jwebb1970jwebb1970 Road Warrior
    edited December 2009
    Moony_Lupin;3347731 said:
    Like I said in an earlier post, rather than choose from the "New Releases" link (where I kept getting the error), I went to the "All songs" link and bought the tracks from within there. I didn't have to delete a thing.

Interesting - gonna try that today, as I feel a 5th RS track needs to find a home on the old SD card.......