Completes Albums for Wii

Martipin12Martipin12 Unsigned
edited December 2009 in The Beatles: Rock Band
Hi, i have the idea to make a E-mail form us to HMX, with ideas that allows us the problem of Abbey Road Medley and other new Complete Albums

Comments

• Moony_LupinMoony_Lupin Rising Star
    edited December 2009
    It's a great idea, but it's not going to happen. Why? I'm not sure, but it could've been done with this game and it wasn't.

I'm for it because I know that I'm going to buy every album/track that's released.
  • jwebb1970jwebb1970 Road Warrior
    edited December 2009
    Doubtful anything can be done outside of re-issuing the game disc w/ the Store modifications - and that is.....NOT going to happen.

What COULD have been done is what GH5 did, program the Store to do album/track pack bundle purchases. Tracks are still "1 at a time" DLs, but the bulk purchase nets the typical discount, marks each track in the bundle as Purchased & proceeds to DL each tune in sequence (you can pause/cancel/resume the DL at any time if you wish).

That said, considering how the Wii loads/streams the DLC tracks off the SD card - not sure if the AR medley would have ever been a reality. Most likley it would have to have been issued as a single track - size limits MIGHT have come into play, although GH5/BandHero do have a 14+ minute Peter Frampton track that is DL-able on those game's store (actually, just in BandHero - Do You Feel Like I Do is an 'exportable" GH5 disc track - and manages to DL just fine, despite it's length/file size - side 2 of AR in sequence runs around 18 mintues or so, I believe).

Either way, it looks as if Wii is stuck with what it has regarding TB:RB - which , IMO is not a bad thing to be stuck with. It's still an amazing game. Even w/ the loading breaks, Side 2 of AR on the Wii is still an awesome experience. Being a DLC completist will set you back a little more $$ than it would on the other systems, but at least us Wii folk have access to the same content as everyone else.
  • Martipin12Martipin12 Unsigned
    edited December 2009
    Don't be negative and, no, we don't have access for the same content.
    jwebb1970: You already see the Abbey Road Medley?.
    First, 2 persons that play together the medley can get 1,000,000 of point playing in expert.
    Second, when you play the entire Album, you feel like MAKING A GRABATION
    And the least, but the most important, they get a ALTERNATE DREAMSCAPE of "The End"
    And if GH5 can, why TBRB ( supposed a best game) not?
  • JoJofromTucsonJoJofromTucson Unsigned
    edited December 2009
    Martipin12;3356784 said:
    Second, when you play the entire Album, you feel like MAKING A GRABATION
    And the least, but the most important, they get a ALTERNATE DREAMSCAPE of "The End"
    And if GH5 can, why TBRB ( supposed a best game) not?
    lolwut?
  • OakTeaOakTea Road Warrior
    edited December 2009
    As a PS3-player, I can definitely say with utmost confidence that playing the full album makes me feel like MAKING A GRABATION. It's just so GRABATIVE that I start to GRABATE. Mmmm.
  • SportzterSportzter Road Warrior
    edited December 2009
    I think this has been said before, in this forum and other forums too, but I don't mind repeating it.

If it was possible for HMX to do DLC for full albums for Rockband 2, Track Packs, Albums and Bundles, then they would have done it already. Since, at the end of the day, it would mean more revenue for HMX. Why oh why would HMX not give every console the best possible options unless it was not feasible from a technical or contractual aspect?

By no means is this bashing a console, but each console does have its technical benefits and limitations in addition to the openness of the purchasing network that the songs are streamed from.

These are the facts of life, and when it is possible for HMX to give additional benefits, or in this case, patch previous, existing and upcoming games on the Wii, they would gladly do so where it makes financial sense.

Disclaimer:
    I am not an HMX employee and only suggesting what is considered my opinion. This post is non-binding and worth less than $.0001 and cannot be redeamed for cash.
  • JoJofromTucsonJoJofromTucson Unsigned
    edited December 2009
    OakTea;3357482 said:
    As a PS3-player, I can definitely say with utmost confidence that playing the full album makes me feel like MAKING A GRABATION. It's just so GRABATIVE that I start to GRABATE. Mmmm.
    You're right! This game is GRABALICIOUS. I love to GRABATE. I just GRABATED and I'm ready to GRABATE again.
  • ArchangelZeroArchangelZero Road Warrior
    edited December 2009
    The game would have to be patched, which is why we need either a Channel or some way to patch the game without file size issues.

The Wii's Memory (and by that I mean RAM), can't exactly take the Medley without loading screens. (If you notice, that 15 min Frampton song doesn't exactly have the animation the Medley has, as the Medley is about 8 different dreamscapes smashed into one + character animations)
  • Martipin12Martipin12 Unsigned
    edited December 2009
    If it was possible for HMX to do DLC for full albums for Rockband 2, Track Packs, Albums and Bundles, then they would have done it already. Since, at the end of the day, it would mean more revenue for HMX. Why oh why would HMX not give every console the best possible options unless it was not feasible from a technical or contractual aspect?
    I'm with you Sportzer!

I know it ArchangelZero, but my idea is play the Medley like a Challange of Chapter, but instead of count like different songs, is an only song( At the same time of loading, appear a image from the next song)