Achievements/Trophies For DLC

AlfrayerAlfrayer Unsigned
edited December 2009 in The Beatles: Rock Band
This is just an idea that will almost never come to life (due to the complexity of integrating it) but today I was wondering about the possibility of achievements/trophies being in the DLC for The Beatles: Rock Band.

I doubt Sony or Microsoft would allow a set amount of trophies/achievements (or only a single trophy/achievement) per game so I was wondering if there could be some kind of way to add trophies and achievements to album packs (in the same way abbey road medley was a bonus for downloading the whole album). This would stimulate people to choose the album over the single tracks and would encourage a more thorough play through (I.e. 100% each of the songs on certain difficulties etc.).

This is just my view and I'm sure its shared by others and I'm also sure people will disagree. A few added trophies on the album download would be a great addition but obviously I wouldn't want it to sacrifice development time of the DLC the guys have lined up. Discuss?

Comments

• mva5580mva5580 Road Warrior
    edited December 2009
    It's been mentioned on here many times, and most likely it'll never happen. If they haven't done anything with the 3 albums already released, it's hard to imagine that will change down the road. Maybe at some point they'll patch it to add some more, but probably just best to assume that it's not going to happen.
  • IColinoIIColinoI Opening Act
    edited December 2009
    There's at least another 4-5 topics on this. Please use the search button next time
  • AlfrayerAlfrayer Unsigned
    edited December 2009
    Ever so sorry, I looked a few pages back and didn't find anything but I'm new to these forums and didn't realise there was a search feature. If a moderator wants to lock this, please do.
    But in reply, I agree that if it wasn't their intention to add trophies at first, that probably will never change. We can hope, however, that they realise there is some such demand and at least some positive outcome from adding trophies such that they do patch the last 3 albums and include them in any future DLC album. One can only dream.
    edited December 2009
    I'm really not sure there's even much of a demand for it. The message board users are the minority, always will be. And the "casual" users, will they ever care? They'll never accomplish most of the trophies/achievements in this game, so I really don't think they would care if more were added. Hell I bet I've played this game over 100 hours already, and I really don't care about them. A good deal of them I will never attain.

I'd bet less than 15% of the owners of this game have more than 15 of the 51 trophies unlocked in it. And of those 15, more than half of them you get just by going through story mode once. Hell I only have 26 of the 51, and I play this game constantly on Expert guitar/hard & expert drums.
  • CaptainKickerCaptainKicker Road Warrior
    edited December 2009
    Achievements and trophies, will most likely never happen in Rock Band DLC. Its not about the points, but the fun.
  • DethBoxxDethBoxx Road Warrior
    edited December 2009
    If they had a downloadable update to the game itself, it could add achievements along with gameplay modes etc. Like Burnout Paradise and a lot of other games.

Unfortunately there has not been any indication this will ever happen...
  • SonicRocker15XSonicRocker15X Headliner
    edited December 2009
    I'm fairly sure that they're allowed an additional 250 GS per quarter of a year after the game's release until it hits 1750 GS for the whole game in all on Microsoft's terms.

So, maybe when the game's four months old they'll surprise us. All they need is a patch and they're in, really, the content's paid for and everything.
  • DethBoxxDethBoxx Road Warrior
    edited December 2009
    Alfrayer;3348138 said:
    Ever so sorry, I looked a few pages back and didn't find anything but I'm new to these forums and didn't realise there was a search feature. If a moderator wants to lock this, please do.
    I would just ignore posts which complain about 'there being a thread already' there are comments like that on every forum and people learn to ignore them.

Ironically in this forum mods seem to prefer making new threads to bumping old ones, so you were definitely in the right.
  • SaintlyStickSaintlyStick Opening Act
    edited December 2009
    mva5580;3348265 said:
    I'm really not sure there's even much of a demand for it. The message board users are the minority, always will be. And the "casual" users, will they ever care? They'll never accomplish most of the trophies/achievements in this game, so I really don't think they would care if more were added. Hell I bet I've played this game over 100 hours already, and I really don't care about them. A good deal of them I will never attain.

I'd bet less than 15% of the owners of this game have more than 15 of the 51 trophies unlocked in it. And of those 15, more than half of them you get just by going through story mode once. Hell I only have 26 of the 51, and I play this game constantly on Expert guitar/hard & expert drums.
    Pfft. I've got 48 out of 50 in TB:RB and 49 out of 50 in RB2.
    :D

Personally I'd love to see some new achievements. The ones in both of those games were super easy to get. Except for Bladder of Steel. Which I still do not have. lol
    edited December 2009
    Thanks for the heads up Dethboxx, I shall continue to post then :D

I myself wouldn't say they were easy SaintlyStick, it all depends on skill but trophies do show that skill. True trophies in DLC for TB:RB couldn't be that creative, they would still be a way to show and reward effort within the downloadable content as well as the main game. It is true only a minority of gamers would want DLC trophies, but it would be proportional to those who wanted an achievement system for PS3 and that got added or in the same respect, the same proportion of people who wanted trophies added to older games, a fair few had them patched in. So on that note, although I'm not going to hold my breath, I will keep some hope that it may be possible in the future.
    edited December 2009
    SaintlyStick;3348715 said:
    Pfft. I've got 48 out of 50 in TB:RB and 49 out of 50 in RB2.
    :D

Personally I'd love to see some new achievements. The ones in both of those games were super easy to get. Except for Bladder of Steel. Which I still do not have. lol
    Ok....that's your opinion. And if you play the game a ton, yes they I'm sure they are super easy to get. Would you care to wager how many people you think have 48 out of 50 TB:RB achievements overall? Or even 25 out of 50? You cannot go by message boards such as this to gauge demand. Ever. There are people like you who can get most trophies easily, and then there is the other side of the spectrum that is oblivious to what trophies even are, let alone actually care about getting them.

I love this game, play it constantly, on Expert, and even I only have half of the trophies. You think "casual gamers" are even close to that? Or even care about them? And casuals are ALWAYS going to be the majority.
  • PleasePleaseMeatPleasePleaseMeat Rising Star
    edited December 2009
    'Casuals' as you call them probably won't even connect their console to the interwebz, so they might as well release more achievements anyway.

WE WANT MORE VOCALS-ONLY ACHIEVEMENTS! FOUR IS NOT ENOUGH!
    edited December 2009
    PleasePleaseMeat;3350947 said:
    'Casuals' as you call them probably won't even connect their console to the interwebz, so they might as well release more achievements anyway.

WE WANT MORE VOCALS-ONLY ACHIEVEMENTS! FOUR IS NOT ENOUGH!
    I agree with this =D I'd like to see some more vocal achievements/trophies as in the long run Vocals are usually put out, people usually choose guitar and drums over them and so adding more vocal based achievements/trophies to DLC would encourage people to delve into the vocal side for the DLC as they did for trophies in the main game.
  • DaytripDaytrip Opening Act
    edited December 2009
    SaintlyStick;3348715 said:
    The ones in both of those games were super easy to get. Except for Bladder of Steel. Which I still do not have. lol
    If they are super easy to get then what's the point in doing them? To make you feel all warm and fuzzy?
  • ClipheadCliphead Rising Star
    edited December 2009
    Why were so many people expecting new Achievements? None of the other Rock Band games set a precedent.