Loading sucks!

master2uallmaster2uall Back From The Dead
edited December 2009 in LEGO: Rock Band
Man this game would be so much better if it didn't take 10 minutes to get to play a song, why hasn't this been fixed?

I hate having to go thru 15 loading screens just to get to a arena to play a song, way too damn long on and way too many loading screens.

Anyone else hate the loading crap in this game.

Comments

• SonicRocker15XSonicRocker15X Headliner
    edited December 2009
    I don't like it, but I can understand why it's there, and I doubt it's fixable.
  • nightglider1nightglider1 Unsigned
    edited December 2009
    Is there something wrong with your disc drive? Mine doesn't take anywhere near 10 minutes to load on Xbox 360.
  • Lazarus35Lazarus35 Unsigned
    edited December 2009
    I had one load after a set last night that took 2 full minutes to get back to the menu after playing the song. Other than that there aren't too many problems with the loading, I actually think it loads faster between songs in a setlist than RB2 does. One day I'll install it to the HDD but I'll have to free up some space first, can't wait till MS release the 250Gb upgrade kit.
  • monkeyfishmonkeyfish Road Warrior
    edited December 2009
    The loading speed isn't so bad as the amount of loading screens compared to RB2. The whole world tour layout could have been a little more streamlined, but if it's really that irksome you can always export the songs.
  • HazyCloudHazyCloud Road Warrior
    edited December 2009
    Mine seems to load fine. I do have it on my Xbox's HDD, but I doubt it improves it a ton. Seems to work better on older games.
  • master2uallmaster2uall Back From The Dead
    edited December 2009
    Just seems like it takes forever to get to a new setlist.
  • LuigiHannLuigiHann Stormtrooper
    edited December 2009
    I agree, this is why I ended up just exporting to RB2... if not for the terrible load times and occasional crashes, LRB probably would have become the new primary game for me.
  • EhfahqEhfahq Headliner
    edited December 2009
    The only long loading time I get is when I first go into the main setlist. After that they are common, but it doesnt bother me. Maybe in just use to the PS1 days.

Atleast we dont have to look at a door animation when we go into the different parts of the den ala RE.
  • master2uallmaster2uall Back From The Dead
    edited December 2009
    LuigiHann;3354683 said:
    I agree, this is why I ended up just exporting to RB2... if not for the terrible load times and occasional crashes, LRB probably would have become the new primary game for me.
    add in if all my songs would have been there too, and yeah would have been my new fav game.

really liked the fact that it saved your game modifers too, and the no kick pedal option made the drums get broke out again. hope they add that feature to all new games from here on out.
  • DMBilliesDMBillies Road Warrior
    edited December 2009
    master2uall;3359529 said:
    really liked the fact that it saved your game modifers too, and the no kick pedal option made the drums get broke out again. hope they add that feature to all new games from here on out.
    I was pleasantly surprised when I went back into the game modifiers to put the speed back up and it was still checked. I do hope this makes future games, but I also would like to see these as a drop down option from the character select or song select screens. Too often I forget to change the modifiers and then have to go all the way back out. Minor inconvenience, but it would be an interface improvement.

The no kick pedal option is something I've been wondering why they didn't do from the first time I played the demo and realized there wasn't one for the RB1 demo. The kick pedal is the number one thing that friends at a party struggle with and most aren't interested in learning, just having fun. Reducing difficulty doesn't really help since most people can keep a beat with their arms and play in the medium/hard range as long as they don't have to tap out with their foot (not to mention that before you learn proper technique, drumming can kill your legs).