Rubber Soul Download Size?

mayhem117mayhem117 Road Warrior
edited December 2009 in The Beatles: Rock Band
I remember when Sgt. Pepper came out people said that the download size was smaller on the 360 than on the PS3. Has anyone figured out what could have been added in the extra space? and has the same been done for Rubber Soul?

I bought the album earlier this evening and I recall the download being about 151MB in size on the 360 (I Think, don't have access to my xbox to make sure but im sure thats what it was). Is there any examples of the differences of size in the downloads?

P.S. The album is awesome I want to play through it again. Went through it earlier on vocals. I hope they keep making albums

Comments

• HerSilverHammerHerSilverHammer Opening Act
    edited December 2009
    360 users have the option to replace every instance of John Lennon in the game with Yoko Ono. You can only access the toggle by earning Rainbow stars on every song, including DLC. I know, my dad works at NintendwesdrfacsedfHarmonix.
  • BeatlesFan88BeatlesFan88 Rising Star
    edited December 2009
    HerSilverHammer;3349695 said:
    360 users have the option to replace every instance of John Lennon in the game with Yoko Ono. You can only access the toggle by earning Rainbow stars on every song, including DLC. I know, my dad works at NintendwesdrfacsedfHarmonix.
    Why on earth would anyone want to do that?
  • gamegyro56gamegyro56 Road Warrior
    edited December 2009
    HerSilverHammer;3349695 said:
    I love how you said xbox users get that option, and the company name begins with Nintendo.
  • CCDaDonCCDaDon Headliner
    edited December 2009
    I've noticed that in more cases then not, the PS3 has alot more detail in the artwork. Example would be the effects in the Mr Kite solos. It may have something to do with the PS3 being able to handle more. Although that is probably just me speculating.
  • ghostofjarjarghostofjarjar Road Warrior
    edited December 2009
    CCDaDon;3350066 said:
    I've noticed that in more cases then not, the PS3 has alot more detail in the artwork. Example would be the effects in the Mr Kite solos. It may have something to do with the PS3 being able to handle more. Although that is probably just me speculating.
    Not to mention the drastic difference on the "Lovely Rita" Dreamscape
    edited December 2009
    ghostofjarjar;3350117 said:
    Not to mention the drastic difference on the "Lovely Rita" Dreamscape
    Yeah but that's not really a detail thing. That's a totally different dreamscape. Where I was going was more to the point of When I'm Sixty Four having more than just black and white.(In alot of places it was bronze and grey and just had alot more of artistic detail than the bland black and white the other consoles had)
  • theeggmantheeggman Opening Act
    edited December 2009
    BeatlesFan88;3349703 said:
    Why on earth would anyone want to do that?
    Yoko.
  • MarioUKMarioUK Unsigned
    edited December 2009
    Hi there,

The PS3 size is 380MB, just downloading it now.
  • BlasteroidsBlasteroids Road Warrior
    edited December 2009
    mayhem117;3349645 said:
    I recall the download being about 151MB in size on the 360 (I Think, don't have access to my xbox to make sure but im sure thats what it was).
    MarioUK;3350828 said:
    The PS3 size is 380MB, just downloading it now.
    Over double the size :confused: Can anyone else check the 360 size, this seems a huge difference :eek:
  • hezekiahhezekiah Opening Act
    edited December 2009
    Just checked my download on 360, and it's 156 MB.
  • SystemSCSnakeSystemSCSnake Road Warrior
    edited December 2009
    HMX Doubts the 360's capabilities?
    edited December 2009
    I can confirm that Rubber Soul on PS3 is 380MB
  • uubaileyuubailey Unsigned
    edited December 2009
    It seems like SPLCB and Abbey Road were both 99MB, if memory serves. Any speculation as to why Rubber Soul is so much larger?
  • The_SailermanThe_Sailerman Opening Act
    edited December 2009
    It might just be that they can't get the PS3 file down/compressed to the same size as the 360's. They are different machines running different operating systems after all. It's like how an application isn't necessarily going to be the same size on Windows as on Mac.
  • mayhem117mayhem117 Road Warrior
    edited December 2009
    Ok I went into my xbox and gathered the download size for each of the releases so far

Xbox 360 file sizes:
    All You Need is Love - 20MB
    Abbey Road - 240MB
    Sgt. Pepper - 141MB
    Rubber Soul - 156 MB

PS3 File Sizes
    All You Need is Love - ???
    Abbey Road - ???
    Sgt. Pepper - ???
    Rubber Soul - 380MB
  • ghostofjarjarghostofjarjar Road Warrior
    edited December 2009
    The_Sailerman;3351282 said:
    It might just be that they can't get the PS3 file down/compressed to the same size as the 360's. They are different machines running different operating systems after all. It's like how an application isn't necessarily going to be the same size on Windows as on Mac.
    But RB2 DLC is practically identical between the 2 systems AFAIK

Abbey Road was 387mb
  • ScapegoatScapegoat Opening Act
    edited December 2009
    Perhaps Sony is a little more relaxed about having larger file sizes for DLC which is relatively cheaply priced ($2 per song).

Thus -> "Original" versions are created, and then sized down to fit size restrictions for Xbox360/Wii, sacrificing certain effects.

Or I dunno.
  • BlasteroidsBlasteroids Road Warrior
    edited December 2009
    Scapegoat;3353369 said:
    Perhaps Sony is a little more relaxed about having larger file sizes for DLC which is relatively cheaply priced ($2 per song).

Thus -> "Original" versions are created, and then sized down to fit size restrictions for Xbox360/Wii, sacrificing certain effects.

Or I dunno.
    This is what I thought at first but I am sure Sony charge for bandwidth so it would be more in the devs interest to keep it down. So it really is confusing.