I thought Rubber Soul was supposed to be $13.50!?

mywhitenoisemywhitenoise Rising Star
edited December 2009 in The Beatles: Rock Band
Ah crap, I was ready to buy it and then I log in to the store and see the extra $5 tacked on. Had they originally said the DLC was going to be $18, I wouldn't be so mad, now I'm contemplating not even buying it.

Comments

• TheRollingBonesTheRollingBones Headliner
    edited December 2009
    Why is $5 tacked on again?
  • mywhitenoisemywhitenoise Rising Star
    edited December 2009
    TheRollingBones;3352967 said:
    Why is $5 tacked on again?
    I thought I explained myself pretty well. It was originally announced that Rubber Soul would cost $13.50, now it's $18.
  • nneptunenneptune Unsigned
    edited December 2009
    That shocked me, too... especially since some of the songs are already included with the game. I paid it, but was a bit miffed at the price hike!
  • Rich T.Rich T. Rising Star
    edited December 2009
    mywhitenoise;3352961 said:
    Ah crap, I was ready to buy it and then I log in to the store and see the extra $5 tacked on. Had they originally said the DLC was going to be $18, I wouldn't be so mad, now I'm contemplating not even buying it.
    It's eleven additional songs...Eleven awesome songs. Wii owners have to pay $22 for it all, and it's worth every penny.
  • idlephaseidlephase Rising Star
    edited December 2009
    If you go back to the original announcement (http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?t=175941), you'll see that the post was updated about 4 hours after the original posting. My guess was that $13.49 was an error because that was the cost of Sgt Pepper (8 songs) where as Rubber Soul is 11 songs. The standard price for 11 songs in an album pack is $17.99 as seen in Pearl Jam's Ten and Backspacer. Abbey Road was 10.5 (Her Majesty counted as half), so it was $16.99.
  • IamtheEdmanIamtheEdman Unsigned
    edited December 2009
    I love the Rubber Soul DLC, and while I got caught out a little with the more expensive song pack, I consider it value for money. After all, this one has more new songs on it!
  • JPGRNGJPGRNG Unsigned
    edited December 2009
    No it was always list as $17.99US for the 11 songs that woks out to $1.64US each songs.
    If buy each songs @$1.99 it will cost you $21.89US
    all i see on this group is ppl *****ing about the price.
    I pay $19.99ca for 1400 points at WM in Canada.
    Keep crying about the price they may just stop make DLC for Beatles Rockband.
    It's The Beatles if you want it you will buy it or not buy it it's your choice.
    But ppl stop crying about the price.:) be happy u can buy it or not buy.
  • elfreakoelfreako Road Warrior
    edited December 2009
    JPGRNG;3353490 said:
    No it was always list as $17.99US for the 11 songs that woks out to $1.64US each songs.
    He's not *****ing about the price, he's disappointed because the price is different from the original announcement, which was $13.49 for PS3. That price was too good to be true, but it was there for a few hours, most of us don't check the announcement twice, and you are talking out of your ass.
  • Catch-22Catch-22 Road Warrior
    edited December 2009
    elfreako;3353503 said:
    He's not *****ing about the price, he's disappointed because the price is different from the original announcement, which was $13.49 for PS3. That price was too good to be true, but it was there for a few hours, most of us don't check the announcement twice, and you are talking out of your ass.
    Well if anyone paid attention, the Xbox price was not the same as the PS3 price so it didn't take a genius to figure out a mistake was made and under priced for PS3.
  • mywhitenoisemywhitenoise Rising Star
    edited December 2009
    Catch-22;3353515 said:
    Well if anyone paid attention, the Xbox price was not the same as the PS3 price so it didn't take a genius to figure out a mistake was made and under priced for PS3.
    Dude, I don't have a 360, their whole points thing confuses the hell out of me. For all I know $13.50 could be 46,700 Microsoft points.
  • BStu78BStu78 Road Warrior
    edited December 2009
    Yes, but its now been explained that it was a typo that was quickly corrected. These things happen. Legally, merchants aren't responsible for typos in promotions when they make a good faith effort to correct the error. Which they did.
  • edited December 2009
    The initial price listed in the announcement forum was incorrect, but only the cost of the full album on the PS3 in the US (PS3 solo tracks, EU pricing, Xbox360 and Wii pricing were all correct). The new pricing was posted within 4 hours, and all gaming press was sent an updated release at the same time. The pricing that was originally listed was never intended to be the price at release. Sorry for the confusion.
This discussion has been closed.