"The Word" harmony mixup in Rubber Soul DLC

SugertSugert Unsigned
edited December 2009 in The Beatles: Rock Band
i think the harmony parts are mixed up in this song. john is singing the lead (blue) verses but the lower (orange) harmony in the chorus. i sing as john with my g/f but i can't hit high notes intended for paul lol. just wondering if they would fix something like this.

i know changes were made for playability but other songs have switch overs (hard day's night, with a little help…) so i think it is a mixup.

Comments

• Dr._Frasier_CraneDr._Frasier_Crane Opening Act
    edited December 2009
    Why can't you just sing the lower part? When harmonizing, either person can sing either part. As long as one person gets a fab, your streak will not be lost.
  • BlueJayGuyBlueJayGuy Rising Star
    edited December 2009
    Yes, harmonies are mixed in this one. But I can't see why it's a problem.

By inertia, you'll sing Paul notes. So it's normal that they put Paul notes in one-mic mode.
  • D-Smoov45D-Smoov45 Opening Act
    edited December 2009
    Yes, but this isn't the only song that does that. It bothers the HELL out of me...but what can you do.
  • skysawskysaw Opening Act
    edited December 2009
    A lot of Beatles songs have harmony parts that could easily be heard as the melody, and vice versa. It's really a matter of interpretation sometimes. The melody can be the higher or lower voice, or even the middle voice in 3-part, but you won't necessarily get agreement between two different people listening to the tracks.

Add to this that Harmonix doesn't intend one color to equal one Beatle throughout a song, but rather for it to designate melody vs. harmony. So when John occasionally takes the high part, things can definitely get a little confusing.
  • blkninja1961blkninja1961 Opening Act
    edited December 2009
    Since they do it that way and you're playing with your gf, try switching the parts so that you stay with John and your gf takes Paul. Confusing but, truer to the song. I think that on these sections there really is no single voice for the melody and the harmony takes the melody (ok, that confused me ;P)
  • SugertSugert Unsigned
    edited December 2009
    we do switch off to keep it straight haha. i didn't notice that it keeps the streak tho that is good.

i thought the colour was meant to designate one singer. because again there are other cases when the game switch/merges harmony and melody properly in solo/harmony mode.
  • ClipheadCliphead Rising Star
    edited December 2009
    skysaw;3354252 said:
    Add to this that Harmonix doesn't intend one color to equal one Beatle throughout a song, but rather for it to designate melody vs. harmony...
    Actually, I noticed for the most part the same colour does correspond with the same Beatle. For example, Paul's part in A Hard Days Night is always orange, even during the bridge when it's the lead. Same with John's part of I've Got a Feeling.
  • JordashebasicsJordashebasics Rising Star
    edited December 2009
    I notice it during the chorus on She Came In Through The Bathroom Window. Paul does the main melody during the verses, then sings the higher harmony during the "didn't anybody tell her" bits.

I don't mind it if I'm singing on my own, but it makes it harder to coordinate with other singers.
  • BubbleBobbleBubbleBobble Rising Star
    edited December 2009
    just go down an octave