Wrong guitar on "Nowhere Man"!!!

John'sMonkeyJohn'sMonkey Unsigned
edited December 2009 in The Beatles: Rock Band
George is playing a Fender in the game and not his 12 string Rickenbacker!!! My gosh, I can't believe they messed that up. That song is like THE ultimate 12 string Rick song.

What a bummer.

Comments

• moose39moose39 Road Warrior
    edited December 2009
    I'm sorry it isn't 100% historically accurate. What's next? Someone complains about the wrong socks they were wearing?
  • kitlerckitlerc Road Warrior
    edited December 2009
    moose39;3355582 said:
    I'm sorry it isn't 100% historically accurate. What's next? Someone complains about the wrong socks they were wearing?
    They didn't have the right socks!?
  • idlephaseidlephase Rising Star
    edited December 2009
    kitlerc;3355591 said:
    They didn't have the right socks!?
    Screw that! I'm selling, no BURNING, this game to the floor. What next? Ringo playing drums in Back in the USSR? (wait, you're saying he did in the game) NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
  • davidshekdavidshek Community Playtester
    edited December 2009
    moose39;3355582 said:
    Ringo wasn't using the right drumsticks, he's using 5B's! That song is like THE ultimate 7A nylon-tipped stick song.

What a bummer.
  • ghostofjarjarghostofjarjar Road Warrior
    edited December 2009
    Still no guitar straps people! Lets also not forget when you restart a song and one of Beatles shouts something, they're on screen not moving a muscle, ventriloquists I tell you!
  • CCDaDonCCDaDon Headliner
    edited December 2009
    davidshek;3355623 said:
    Ringo wasn't using the right drumsticks, he's using 5B's! That song is like THE ultimate 7A nylon-tipped stick song.

What a bummer.
    I hope, REALLY REALLY HOPE, you can't actually tell which sticks Ringo uses in the game. :p
  • General Lein979General Lein979 Headliner
    edited December 2009
    Read one of the last few pages of the manual, it says something or look here.
  • Diego81Diego81 Unsigned
    edited December 2009
    John'sMonkey;3355529 said:
    George is playing a Fender in the game and not his 12 string Rickenbacker!!! My gosh, I can't believe they messed that up. That song is like THE ultimate 12 string Rick song.

What a bummer.
    You're wrong, do your research before you complain

From Andy Babiuk's Beatles Gear book (page 157) quoting Harrison:

"...But those were the early days and we where lucky to have anything when we started out. But anyway, I decided to get a Strat and John decided he'd get one two. So we sent out our roadie, Mal Evans, said go and get us two Strats. And he came back with two of them, pale blue ones. Straight away we used them on the album we were making at the time, which was Rubber Soul - I played it a lot on that album, most noticeably the solo on "Nowhere Man" which John and I played in unison"
    edited December 2009
    Diego81;3355797 said:
    You're wrong, do your research before you complain

From Andy Babiuk's Beatles Gear book (page 157) quoting Harrison:

"...But those were the early days and we where lucky to have anything when we started out. But anyway, I decided to get a Strat and John decided he'd get one two. So we sent out our roadie, Mal Evans, said go and get us two Strats. And he came back with two of them, pale blue ones. Straight away we used them on the album we were making at the time, which was Rubber Soul - I played it a lot on that album, most noticeably the solo on "Nowhere Man" which John and I played in unison"
    Ouch.
  • theeggmantheeggman Opening Act
    edited December 2009
    He still should have had more facial hair on Abbey Road though.
  • BubbleBobbleBubbleBobble Rising Star
    edited December 2009
  • edited December 2009
    i noticed that john was wearing caramel brown shoes when it should have CLEARLY been coffee brown shoes. needless to say my game disc is burning outside right now
  • ClipheadCliphead Rising Star
    edited December 2009
    Why don't I hear Yoko screaming when I fail songs from the White Album? Where are the angry Pete Best fans in the Cavern? How can The Beatles breathe underwater? Did they do any research?
  • DookieManDookieMan Road Warrior
    edited December 2009
    MonkeyGoneToHeaven;3355927 said:
    i noticed that john was wearing caramel brown shoes when it should have CLEARLY been coffee brown shoes. needless to say my game disc is burning outside right now
    I lol'd.
  • monkeyfishmonkeyfish Road Warrior
    edited December 2009
    Remind me not to complain about anything TBRB-related, lest I will be sarcastically bombarded.
  • edited December 2009
    monkeyfish;3356103 said:
    Remind me not to complain about anything TBRB-related, lest I will be sarcastically bombarded.
    It's not that he was simply complaining, it was that he was complaining about something completely trivial. That turned out to be wrong.
  • SkyphoneSkyphone Unsigned
    edited December 2009
    Cliphead;3356037 said:
    Why don't I hear Yoko screaming when I fail songs from the White Album?
    that would be hilarious.
  • theeggmantheeggman Opening Act
    edited December 2009
    Cliphead;3356037 said:
    Why don't I hear Yoko screaming when I fail songs from the White Album?
    That would make a good Mortal Kombat fatality actually.
    edited December 2009
    CCDaDon;3355627 said:
    I hope, REALLY REALLY HOPE, you can't actually tell which sticks Ringo uses in the game. :p
    Well, maybe not what brand...
  • gamegyro56gamegyro56 Road Warrior
    edited December 2009
    On topic kinda, is A Hard Day's Night the only song in the game (including DLC) that George plays the 12-string?
  • prisonerdrwprisonerdrw Unsigned
    edited December 2009
    Wrong!

According to a Beatles book I have, (Beatlesongs by William J. Dowlding p. 117), it says George played as Fender Stratocaster [sonic blue tremolo]).

That being said, maybe they're not right all the time. So? It's a game. I forgot that they used a 12-string acoustic guitar (called a Framus Hootenany [sp]) which John had in Help!
  • Diego81Diego81 Unsigned
    edited December 2009
    gamegyro56;3356369 said:
    On topic kinda, is A Hard Day's Night the only song in the game (including DLC) that George plays the 12-string?
    No, there's also "Ticket to Ride" where he uses his first 12-string Rickenbacker and "If I Needed Someone" in which he uses his second 12-string Rickenbacker.
    edited December 2009
    gamegyro56;3356369 said:
    "Girl" he plays a 12 stringed acoustic guitar.
  • John'sMonkeyJohn'sMonkey Unsigned
    edited December 2009
    well I guess I'll eat crow.

That certainly sounded like George's rick to me. Guess it sounded like a 12 string because John and George were playing the solo in unison.
    edited December 2009
    John'sMonkey;3357119 said:
    well I guess I'll eat crow.
    +1 to you. It's rare to see somebody come back into a thread where they got wickedly burned. :)

I like the cut of your jib, sir.
  • LeoModestoLeoModesto Opening Act
    edited December 2009
    I'd have been happier if the solo showed both John and George playing Strats in unison though. That would make for an interesting display.
  • justicebostonjusticeboston Unsigned
    edited December 2009
    sonicnerd23;3355564 said:
    The historical accuracy complainers have reached a new low.
    It's not like they recycled the way The Beatles looked on The White Album for Abbey Road, where John, George, and Ringo spent almost the entirety of the sessions with full facial hair. That would definitely be way below "they're not playing the right instruments".
  • ZooropaZooropa Unsigned
    edited December 2009
    MonkeyGoneToHeaven;3355927 said:
    Okay, this is clearly one of the funniest things anyone has ever written.
    I salute you, sir.
  • mayhem117mayhem117 Road Warrior
    edited December 2009
    I have proof that John never wore that shirt and George didn't own a pair of shoes like that during the studio years in abbey road! The bundle should have came with a pair of beatle boots
  • YesguyYesguy Opening Act
    edited December 2009
    *gasp* George is playing the guitar solo on Taxman when it should have been Paul! :eek: