Which Beatles album is best for a party?

Chemical PhoenixChemical Phoenix Road Warrior
edited December 2009 in The Beatles: Rock Band
I know I should get all three but the amount of points I have disagree, I only have enough for one.

Which is more enjoyable?

Comments

• edited December 2009
    Well, if you're only buying it for a party and you don't plan on buying all the albums eventually, I suggest just cherry-picking the more popular songs.

But if you want a full album for the party, then I guess Sgt. Pepper's because it's more popular.
  • Chemical PhoenixChemical Phoenix Road Warrior
    edited December 2009
    I plan to use them after as well, just wondering which one would be best.

I also plan on getting all of them so cherry picking isn't an option
  • neger-kattenneger-katten Opening Act
    edited December 2009
    Abbey Road imo... the medley is worth all the money.
  • Sneak728Sneak728 Unsigned
    edited December 2009
    I would rank the albums in this order for a party:

Rubber Soul > Abbey Road > Sgt. Peppers

Rubber Soul has the best dreamscapes out of all the albums in my opinion and Sgt. Peppers isn't that fun to play from an instrumental standpoint. Songs like Fixing a Hole and She's Leaving Home are boring on guitar and drums.

For a more party like atmosphere, more upbeat songs from Rubber Soul such as You Won't See Me, Wait, and Nowhere Man are a blast to play. Then there are the really famous songs that everyone will recognize like In My Life and Michelle.

Abbey Road only really has four tracks. You only get three songs that are not part of the Abbey Road Medley. Oh! Darling is probably the best one compared to Maxwell's Silver Hammer and Because. Playing the medley snippets are nowhere near as fun as playing it as a whole. Assuming you'll have a lot of people at your party, a maximum of six people can play for sixteen minutes, so it forces everyone else to watch.

I say Rubber Soul.
  • neger-kattenneger-katten Opening Act
    edited December 2009
    Sneak728;3357162 said:
    I would rank the albums in this order for a party:

Rubber Soul > Abbey Road > Sgt. Peppers

Rubber Soul has the best dreamscapes out of all the albums in my opinion and Sgt. Peppers isn't that fun to play from an instrumental standpoint. Songs like Fixing a Hole and She's Leaving Home are boring on guitar and drums.

For a more party like atmosphere, more upbeat songs from Rubber Soul such as You Won't See Me, Wait, and Nowhere Man are a blast to play. Then there are the really famous songs that everyone will recognize like In My Life and Michelle.

Abbey Road only really has four tracks. You only get three songs that are not part of the Abbey Road Medley. Oh! Darling is probably the best one compared to Maxwell's Silver Hammer and Because. Playing the medley snippets are nowhere near as fun as playing it as a whole. Assuming you'll have a lot of people at your party, a maximum of six people can play for sixteen minutes, so it forces everyone else to watch.

I say Rubber Soul.
    ^
    |
    |

What he said... i just picked Abbey Road cus its the most fun to play on drums and on most instruments... but yes... maybe for a party the abbey road medley won't work as great...Sgt. Peppers is my least favorite album out of the 3.
  • OakTeaOakTea Road Warrior
    edited December 2009
    If you have some friends who want to harmonize, I'd recommend Abbey Road. 'Because' was incredibly fun to sing in harmony.

That is the only album I have, and as someone else said, if you have a lot of people at your party, you'll want to get another album most likely. I'd recommend Abbey Road only if you can have everyone playing at once. It is the only album I've purchased so far though... :o
  • chumsicleschumsicles Road Warrior
    edited December 2009
    Sneak728;3357162 said:

:confused:

Fixing a Hole is VERY fun on drums and She's Leaving Home is a decent guitar chart, and both are a blast to sing
  • nbalive2005nbalive2005 Rising Star
    edited December 2009
    chumsicles;3357178 said:
    :confused:

Fixing a Hole is VERY fun on drums and She's Leaving Home is a decent guitar chart, and both are a blast to sing
    dont forget She's leaving home's incredible drum chart!
  • DookieManDookieMan Road Warrior
    edited December 2009
    Rubber Soul, because the songs are most fun and the songs on it that are download only are more well known than the Sgt. Pepper and Abbey Road download only songs. Sgt. Pepper would come in second, because the trippy and random things would entertain people.
  • LeoModestoLeoModesto Opening Act
    edited December 2009
    I guess it also depends to how much your guests like the Beatles and which period of the band they prefer.

I think Rubber Soul is the most upbeat of the albums and might work better for a party, though. But I'm biased - it is my favorite Beatles album.
  • itsmemjgitsmemjg Opening Act
    edited December 2009
    I would pick Abbey road... I would have paid the money just to get the medley its awesome