Disappointed with "In My Life" bass chart.

SputnikDXSputnikDX Road Warrior
edited December 2009 in The Beatles: Rock Band
I, personally, LOVE the fact that the piano solo is charted to guitar, but how cool would it have been if the left hand was charted on bass during the solo? Can you even imagine how badass bassists would suddenly feel? A dual piano solo would have been the coolest thing that song could ever have pulled off.

Anyone else think of this before me?

Comments

• ghostofjarjarghostofjarjar Road Warrior
    edited December 2009
    I'm actually more disappointed with the guitar chart. Everything seems undercharted except for the solo that really shouldn't have been charted in the first place.
  • LuigiHannLuigiHann Stormtrooper
    edited December 2009
    I agree with you on the two-person piano solo idea. That's how I would chart piano.
  • CCDaDonCCDaDon Headliner
    edited December 2009
    Uh... That would be technically impossible. They would have to find a way to seperate the piano master into left hand and right hand notes which is impossible.

How can you be dissapointed that they didn't do something that would be impossible?

Hm... Let me say this one more time since I like how it sounds... Impossible... Im-Poss-I-Ble...
  • blkninja1961blkninja1961 Opening Act
    edited December 2009
    If I recall correctly (I haven't played this on piano for a loooong time), the "left hand part is not as interesting as what's been charted in the song. I'd have to check - any piano players out there that can shed some light?
  • k-mack-mac Road Warrior
    edited December 2009
    I just think that would be weird. I like it the way it is.
  • Rod_StixxRod_Stixx Road Warrior
    edited December 2009
    It works for me just fine. Maybe you have to be old like me to appreciate it, but I'm playing all of Rubber Soul in a Rock Band game. The whole darn thing. Playing along with family, everybody enjoying it...never would have imagined enjoying the Beatles like this way back when. Disappointed in the charting of the solo or not splitting it? Not a freaking chance!
  • TaibakTaibak Unsigned
    edited December 2009
    Yeah, it would have been neat if it were possible.

Incidentally, it's a harmonium and not a piano. O:-)
  • ArothmanMusicArothmanMusic Opening Act
    edited December 2009
    The solo in 'In My Life' is a piano. It's actually a half-speed piano. George Martin played the solo on a down-tuned piano with the tape running at half-speed so it sounds right at full speed. He did that because he wasn't able to play the solo he wanted to do at the full-tempo.

A harmonium is a pedal-pumped reed keyboard that sounds sort of like like an accordion or a mellow harmonica.
  • BlueJayGuyBlueJayGuy Rising Star
    edited December 2009
    blkninja1961;3359305 said:
    If I recall correctly (I haven't played this on piano for a loooong time), the "left hand part is not as interesting as what's been charted in the song. I'd have to check - any piano players out there that can shed some light?
    I agree. The interesting part of this solo, on piano, is on right hand (that we play in the game).
  • TaibakTaibak Unsigned
    edited December 2009
    ArothmanMusic;3359794 said:
    The solo in 'In My Life' is a piano. It's actually a half-speed piano. George Martin played the solo on a down-tuned piano with the tape running at half-speed so it sounds right at full speed. He did that because he wasn't able to play the solo he wanted to do at the full-tempo.

A harmonium is a pedal-pumped reed keyboard that sounds sort of like like an accordion or a mellow harmonica.
    I stand corrected. Rep to you.
  • ZorbaruZorbaru Opening Act
    edited December 2009
    if they were able to seperate all the other stuff into seperate tracks they would have been able to seperate left and right hand. or at least done it by frequency incase left hand went past a certain point.

dont forget most of the master tracks they had to work with had 2 or 3 instruments per track and were seperated, not like songs of today where they have each note on its own track.
  • gamegyro56gamegyro56 Road Warrior
    edited December 2009
    Taibak;3360414 said:
    I stand corrected. Rep to you.
    George Martin played a harmonium on 12 bar original.