Best Feature RS Has Brought To The Game

Rich T.Rich T. Rising Star
edited December 2009 in The Beatles: Rock Band
One of my favorite changes in the game since the Rubber Soul DLC is the ability to now play Shea Stadium as one long, unbroken, eleven-song setlist. Anyone else try this yet? The loadtimes are nothing, and with the unbroken crowd noise, it really brings the "concert" atmosphere to life...and it's almost as long as the actual concert was!

The venue setlist option puts the songs in alphabetical order, but--fortunately--that sequence ends up being a fairly well-paced show. :)

Comments

• CCDaDonCCDaDon Headliner
    edited December 2009
    And barely any of the songs were actually played at Shea!
  • Rich T.Rich T. Rising Star
    edited December 2009
    CCDaDon;3358433 said:
    And barely any of the songs were actually played at Shea!
    Yes, this is definitely an "Alternate Universe" version of the show. :)
  • karaokefreakkaraokefreak Road Warrior
    edited December 2009
    haven't checked what was played in shea and what not, but did you count the second gig @ shea stadium in? They played there twice, once 65 and once 66. So some of the songs might have been played there - however, I do not know exactly, since i did not look up what they really played there...

EDIT:

Ah, here I have it.

This is what they played in shea Stadium 1965:

1. "Twist and Shout"
    2. "She's a Woman"
    3. "I Feel Fine"
    4. "Dizzy Miss Lizzy"
    5. "Ticket to Ride"
    6. "Everybody's Trying to Be My Baby"
    7. "Can't Buy Me Love"
    8. "Baby's in Black"
    9. "Act Naturally"
    10. "A Hard Day's Night"
    11. "Help!" (John Lennon)
    12. "I'm Down"

This is what they played in Shea Stadium 1966:

1. Rock And Roll Music
    2. She's A Woman
    3. If I Needed Someone
    4. Day Tripper
    5. Baby's In Black
    6. I Feel Fine
    7. Yesterday
    8. I Wanna Be Your Man
    9. Nowhere Man
    10.Paperback Writer
    11.LONG TALL SALLY
  • Rich T.Rich T. Rising Star
    edited December 2009
    Thanks for the lists! That makes three game Shea songs that actually got played at Shea! :) Well, I know they did a balancing act to split year-appropriate songs among venues to create good set lists for each chapter, so I won't complain: It is a game, after all.

At the risk of sounding like a heretic, I think I prefer the game's Shea setlist (being a huge Rubber Soul fan). If we ever get Help! and it's set at Shea, it will become the most awesome venue of all time.
  • BeatlesFan88BeatlesFan88 Rising Star
    edited December 2009
    Rich T.;3358416 said:
    One of my favorite changes in the game since the Rubber Soul DLC is the ability to now play Shea Stadium as one long, unbroken, eleven-song setlist. Anyone else try this yet? The loadtimes are nothing, and with the unbroken crowd noise, it really brings the "concert" atmosphere to life...and it's almost as long as the actual concert was!

The venue setlist option puts the songs in alphabetical order, but--fortunately--that sequence ends up being a fairly well-paced show. :)
    So do you have to have all the Shea songs to play this? and is this feature only available with Shea stadium?
  • Rod_StixxRod_Stixx Road Warrior
    edited December 2009
    You can plany any venue as a setlist in the game. Just sort by setlist in quickplay and select the venue rather than the individual tracks. That will add all the tracks in the venue to the setlist. You can do this with or without DLC, but you'll get more tracks with the DLC included, of course.