Who here has sold their game already?

master2uallmaster2uall Back From The Dead
edited December 2009 in LEGO: Rock Band
I finally sold it, due to it not really being needed anymore after the export.

No one ever wanted to play it because it took so long to get to a set list, and because only about 1/3 of my songs showed up.

And can you believe one of the trophies I didn't get was the all band 100%? Mainly cause no one wanted to play, and you could do this one on easy.

Comments

• GraphicMangGraphicMang Rising Star
    edited December 2009
    Yeah after I got all but 1 achievement, beat the game, and exported the songs to rb2. I traded it in at one of my local gamestops. I always say though, if this game had online play and included ALL of my dlc I would play it more then RB2.
  • lotr rocks 0lotr rocks 0 Road Warrior
    edited December 2009
    im keeping it, mainly because I look down upon rent-n-rippers and like supporting HMX because I want them to keep making great games.
  • jeccanekojeccaneko Headliner
    edited December 2009
    master2uall;3359523 said:

And can you believe one of the trophies I didn't get was the all band 100%? Mainly cause no one wanted to play, and you could do this one on easy.
    You can get it with only 2 people. I did. Some people claim to have done it by themselves even.

Anyway, I sold mine. I got all of the achievements except the FC the solo of The Final Countdown on expert guitar one. Admittedly, I'm not good enough at guitar to do that. I can definitely pass that solo, just not FC it. I mainly wanted it for the export, so I got what I wanted out of it.
    lotr rocks 0;3360133 said:
    im keeping it, mainly because I look down upon rent-n-rippers and like supporting HMX because I want them to keep making great games.
    Not all of us are "rent-n-rippers". I bought mine brand new from Amazon. I pre-ordered it even. So HMX got plenty of support there from me.
  • BuRn7 CaK3BuRn7 CaK3 Banned
    edited December 2009
    I just got the game new 2 days ago. I'm not going to sell it yet. I plan on beating it first, get all the achievements I possibly can out of it first then sell it. I already exported it, so yeah. That's mah plan.
  • FennzFennz Road Warrior
    edited December 2009
    I was going to sell it a few days after I got it, but Gamestop was going to give me only 17 bucks. It wasn't worth the rip off so I kept it. I played it a few times since..
  • BuRn7 CaK3BuRn7 CaK3 Banned
    edited December 2009
    Fennz;3360362 said:
    I was going to sell it a few days after I got it, but Gamestop was going to give me only 17 bucks. It wasn't worth the rip off so I kept it. I played it a few times since..
    :eek: When did you get it?
  • JoshVanHalen87JoshVanHalen87 Road Warrior
    edited December 2009
    i luv lego´s and rockband soo i must say, im never gonna sell my copy, its pure awesomeness, im having to much fun with LRB
  • grim88grim88 Opening Act
    edited December 2009
    Anyone know what GameStop is offering these days for it?

I beat it today.
  • Awesome_TreeAwesome_Tree Rising Star
    edited December 2009
    Why is online play such a shining gem? 99.99% of online players are total tools.

No way am I trading in this piece of gold.
  • overdriveguitarmanoverdriveguitarman The Walrus
    edited December 2009
    This game is awesome I got it today for an early christmas present!
  • Lily_MuLily_Mu RB Wii Super Fan
    edited December 2009
    I bought the game on 360 some days ago. I'll tell you if I sell it later.
  • bmanincbmaninc Wetter of Fine Pants
    edited December 2009
    lotr rocks 0;3360133 said:
    I don't see how its hurting HMX in any way by selling it after buying it.
  • GraphicMangGraphicMang Rising Star
    edited December 2009
    jeccaneko;3360206 said:

Not all of us are "rent-n-rippers". I bought mine brand new from Amazon. I pre-ordered it even. So HMX got plenty of support there from me.
    Yeah same here I bought mine brand new from walmart. This is game is real hard to rent and rip when you BUY it lmao
  • FatPants77FatPants77 Unsigned
    edited December 2009
    bmaninc;3361552 said:
    I don't see how its hurting HMX in any way by selling it after buying it.
    I think the thought is that by selling the game, you're adding to the inventory of available copies that HMX doesn't get any piece of.
  • SonicRocker15XSonicRocker15X Headliner
    edited December 2009
    HAHAHA, amazing, you say at launch that you won't ever ditch it because it's too cute... Here you are now!

Anyway, I'm literally not ditching mine. I have a younger sister with really young friends and the game strikes a huge hit with them (they already liked GH and RB so this is just huge to them), and it's fun having a new way to play whatever E10 DLC I have.

That and I'm a major fanboy and wouldn't trade in a RB game unless a gun was pointed to my head.
    Lily_Mu;3361422 said:
    I bought the game on 360 some days ago. I'll tell you if I sell it later.
    You don't even have a 360 yet... and you're buying games on it..?
    edited December 2009
    FatPants77;3361567 said:
    I think the thought is that by selling the game, you're adding to the inventory of available copies that HMX doesn't get any piece of.
    They're useless anyways to most people because you can't export.
  • FatPants77FatPants77 Unsigned
    edited December 2009
    bmaninc;3361591 said:
    They're useless anyways to most people because you can't export.
    In your opinion, sure. My opinion is that most people who buy the game don't export. No way we can know the real numbers.
    edited December 2009
    The main target market for this game is people who already own the instruments, since there is no LEGO Rock Band bundle. I would assume a lot of those would like to export.
  • packerfan8675309packerfan8675309 Bladder of Steal
    edited December 2009
    I sold mine to Amazon for 22 dollars
  • BStu78BStu78 Road Warrior
    edited December 2009
    bmaninc;3361632 said:
    The main target market for this game is people who already own the instruments, since there is no LEGO Rock Band bundle. I would assume a lot of those would like to export.
    You assume they aren't going after Guitar Hero: World Tour gamers. Its not hard to own instruments without having a game to export to. I agree, most are probably exporting, but I don't think its obviously an overwhelming majority, either.

Anyway, while I do tire of "rent n rippers" (specifically their annoying need to constantly come here and talk about it) I don't think its reasonable to assign the label on people who sell games used. Especially in a case like this, where export has a fee and is one-time-use only.
  • kingtonyxkingtonyx Unofficial
    edited December 2009
    As soon as I get points on Christmas, I'll be exporting and selling it to buy some more points. I'm too far behind on DLC to keep it.
  • EviladeUKEviladeUK Opening Act
    edited December 2009
    I'm only missing maybe 8-10 achievements, most of which are easy but time-consuming, the only achievement that I can't see myself getting easily is that bastard Final Countdown solo. Oh, and I've exported, so this game is useless to me. I thouroughly enjoyed this game, and I don't really like to sell my games - still have my Tony Hawks Proving Grounds that I only played once - so I'll hang on to LRB. Even though I'm not likely to play this again.
  • dman2309dman2309 Road Warrior
    edited December 2009
    I haven't sold my copy yet but I will say I knew this scenario was going to happen. I was holding off on exporting the tracks for the longest time because I knew the moment I did I would have no interest in putting Lego:Rock Band back in. Unfortunately, that ended up happening (peer pressure lawl) and now i don't even give Lego a passing glance. I didn't even finish the story mode. I might go back and finish it all up, picking up some achievements along the way. Otherwise, IMHO, once it's exported, it drastically loses its appeal and becomes confined to the shelf.

Plus being able to play those tracks online is a HUGE difference.
  • JRDBlackDragonJRDBlackDragon Rising Star
    edited December 2009
    im not gonna sell LRB after export,too awesome

looks like im 1 of the few who got the final countdown solo trophy/achievement <_< but i have not beaten LRB yet since im in a RB band,and i get invited too early to go play LRB

once i export,which is after i beat it and get my own $10 to spend on PSN,i would still play it at some point
  • ZosoBaronZosoBaron Road Warrior
    edited December 2009
    Traded it in about a week after I got it. The LEGO novelty had quickly worn off.
  • master2uallmaster2uall Back From The Dead
    edited December 2009
    Interesting different views on the matter. I hated getting rid of it too, but like one guy said, no online, only half my songs showing up, for me the way too many loading screens, several crash/freezes just got to be too much for me.

I can't sign in to psn without ten people asking me to play either so I could never set there and play it for that long without letting my friends down.
  • TheLovelyNoiseTheLovelyNoise Rising Star
    edited December 2009
    is l:rb the same as rb1 in that if you sell it and something happens to your console you need the disc again?
  • noogainoogai Unsigned
    edited December 2009
    grim88;3360972 said:
    Anyone know what GameStop is offering these days for it?

I beat it today.
    Not much.
  • SonicRocker15XSonicRocker15X Headliner
    edited December 2009
    TheLovelyNoise;3362562 said:
    is l:rb the same as rb1 in that if you sell it and something happens to your console you need the disc again?
    LRB is a download. You can check your download history at any time and redo it.
  • FennzFennz Road Warrior
    edited December 2009
    BuRn7 CaK3;3360393 said:
    :eek: When did you get it?
    The day it came out. I called I think 2 days later and they said they'll give me $17. There wasn't anything I was going to buy with the money anyways so I kept it.