reaper

Blade04Blade04 Unsigned
edited December 2009 in The Rock Band Network
im just curious when using reaper to chart songs and all that stuff.... do you need the master tracks to actually do it or can you do it with just an mp3 file of a song.

Comments

• trg007trg007 Your Ever Rocking RBN Forum Guru
    edited December 2009
    You need separated stems. The game is designed so that when you miss a note on an instrument, only that instrument gets muted. Without separate tracks, the whole song would mute, which you don't want.

If you're in a band, you probably have better recordings of your songs than just mp3 files. :)
  • Blade04Blade04 Unsigned
    edited December 2009
    so stems are another way saying everything that is being played but their all seperate like hi-hat is one stem snare is one stem ect. no wonder i havent figured this out lol...
  • NSIYusukeNSIYusuke Opening Act
    edited December 2009
    Well, yes and no regarding stems being needed.

You don't NEED them to chart the song just for fun. For example, some people did Muse songs, I did "Revision-One"s "The Dark" without the stems, etc. Now, you couldn't put the songs into Rockband 2 without the proper stems (which means, yes, split instrument tracks of the song. Isolated, if you will.)

So if you're just doing it for fun, nah, you don't need them, if you're planning on really using the song in RBN, yes, you need them
  • Blade04Blade04 Unsigned
    edited December 2009
    ok thats what i needed to kno.