Dreamscapes a little disappointing

urseusurseus Unsigned
edited December 2009 in The Beatles: Rock Band
Im loving playing the new songs, and they are crackers.

But im finding the dreamscapes to be a little plain. They are mostly just them standing around with whacky backgrounds, or walking around in the Dear Prudence hills.

I always thought that Norwegien Wood should have been john in an oldish empty room, (with a fireplace!)

I know they arnt meant to be video clips, but how about abit of story. Shes leaving home was good, gritty london rooftops.

Comments

  • rad5brandonrad5brandon Opening Act
    edited December 2009
    you lost me at "and they are crackers", but I'm going to take a "cracker" at this anyway.
    I think the dreamscapes are quite beautiful and subtle but in a good way. Remember that Harmonix has to use assets already on the disc (except for outfits I guess) and they can't be too literal. They are not meant to tell the story, just enhance it.
  • urseusurseus Unsigned
    edited December 2009
    Its slang in Aussieralia.
    That song is a cracker. (really good)

    I dont see why they have to use stuff on the disk. Thats the whole point of downloading new data. Its new data.
  • SikarisSikaris Rising Star
    edited December 2009
    There are a lot of people around here struggling with limited hard drive space. I don't think huge DLC files would be a good idea.
  • CCDaDonCCDaDon Headliner
    edited December 2009
    urseus;3360633 said:
    Its slang in Aussieralia.
    That song is a cracker. (really good)

    I dont see why they have to use stuff on the disk. Thats the whole point of downloading new data. Its new data.
    The game engine cannot read new data. That's the problem.
  • PectoralzPectoralz Rising Star
    edited December 2009
    And besides, since most of the songs are at Shea, they probably had more time to put effort and thought into the new dreamscapes, which turned out quite beautiful. That's why Rubber Soul is my favorite DLC released so far.
  • sonicnerd23sonicnerd23 Road Warrior
    edited December 2009
    She's Leaving Home has a unique dreamscape as well as ADITL.

    Sgt. Pepper is where the acid's at, man.
  • nbalive2005nbalive2005 Rising Star
    edited December 2009
    CCDaDon;3360687 said:
    The game engine cannot read new data. That's the problem.
    Not to sound rude but has there been confirmation on this?

    If HMX is not making any new assets because of people with little HD space i'd be slightly miffed.
  • nbalive2005nbalive2005 Rising Star
    edited December 2009
    sonicnerd23;3360765 said:
    She's Leaving Home has a unique dreamscape as well as ADITL.

    Sgt. Pepper is where the acid's at, man.
    She's Leaving Home is just the rooftop without any people

    ADITL is just a (beautiful) mashup of almost all dreamscape elements.

    Nothing new, but both of them are great.
  • MostSpartan14MostSpartan14 Road Warrior
    edited December 2009
    nbalive2005;3360782 said:

    If HMX is not making any new assets because of people with little HD space i'd be slightly miffed.
    That's probably part of the reason, but it's probably also because it wouldn't be worth the all the work for just DLC. If they did do new dreamscapes for DLC, it would at least cost more, probably over $3 a song. Would you want to pay the extra money just for a new background?
  • urseusurseus Unsigned
    edited December 2009
    Yes i would.
    I have the cash to pay the "mega" pricetag of $30 for content.
    And i can pay for a $10 4gig thumb drive to expand my hard drive space.
  • MostSpartan14MostSpartan14 Road Warrior
    edited December 2009
    urseus;3360867 said:
    Yes i would.
    I have the cash to pay the "mega" pricetag of $30 for content.
    And i can pay for a $10 4gig thumb drive to expand my hard drive space.
    You might but most of the people that are buying the DLC don't. And even if they did, they wouldn't want to spend $30 for 10 songs. It just wouldn't be a smart move financially for HMX to have new dreamscapes when they can do it just fine the way they do it now. Any by the way, you can't just use random thumb drives to save DLC on the 360, you have to use an official Microsoft HDD which cost like $100. I don't know about the other systems though.
  • andreea03andreea03 Unsigned
    edited December 2009
    I thought Norwegian Wood's dreamscape was AMAZING! When it switches to the rug in the background with the birds... it's so beautiful :)
    I think all the dreamscapes are nice...if they were too good, we'd be staring at them instead of playing xD
  • RockerhairyRockerhairy Opening Act
    edited December 2009
    I love the colorful dreamscapes throughout Sgt. Pepper! My favorite dreamscapes so far.
  • BLARGCOWBLARGCOW Opening Act
    edited December 2009
    I don't think I've seen the pattern in Norwegian Wood with the purple background and the gold birds before it was released.
  • T-HybridT-Hybrid Washed Up
    edited December 2009
    CCDaDon;3360687 said:
    The game engine cannot read new data. That's the problem.
    It's that, but HMX has also stated that the files would be much larger if they had to include brand new Dreamscape content.
  • SystemSCSnakeSystemSCSnake Road Warrior
    edited December 2009
    urseus;3360470 said:
    Im loving playing the new songs, and they are crackers.

    But im finding the dreamscapes to be a little plain. They are mostly just them standing around with whacky backgrounds, or walking around in the Dear Prudence hills.

    I always thought that Norwegien Wood should have been john in an oldish empty room, (with a fireplace!)

    I know they arnt meant to be video clips, but how about abit of story. Shes leaving home was good, gritty london rooftops.
    So you're saying you want a plain, blatant, boring dreamscape instead of a beautiful, artistic, and well done one, not to mention that now it's one of the best in the game.
  • kitlerckitlerc Road Warrior
    edited December 2009
    I think a Day in the Life as one of the best dreamscapes in the game. DLC and on disc songs included. So at least you have that going for ya.
Sign In or Register to comment.