First time playing and hearing the Beatles, I love them!!

SomethingWithPeachesSomethingWithPeaches Opening Act
edited December 2009 in The Beatles: Rock Band
My cousin let me borrow the Beatles Rockband because I had no other game to play (pretty much bored of the ones I had).

I popped in the Beatles and started playing the game (and this was the first time I had ever heard them. I previously disliked them for no apparent reason).

The first few songs pass, but nothing happens, most likely because the first four songs on guitar are boring and the most pop-influenced songs.

After I finished the game in one sitting, I have to say that I DO LOVE EVERY SONG ON THAT GAME. I pretty much fell in love with the band, having no prior listening to them in the past.

I can now join the elite group of people that, when asked what my favorite Beatle's song is, I would answer "all of them!".

However, I have only listened to all of the songs on the disc, and not from their albums.

I really just needed to express my happiness for the band, and say tha Harmonix did such a fantastic job with the game. It nearly passes Rockband 2 in every way; I LOVE the backgrounds and how colorful they were... I love reading about the Beatle's history with the pictures, and the fact that they included rare beatle's footage is so cool!

Oh yeah. Played through the whole game on x-guitar. Pretty easy, and I can't wait to sing the songs. They sound so fun to sing! It's too bad I don't know anyone else in my household who would want to sing - given that I would have to access to two microphones - but when Christmas weekend rolls around, I'm going to make all of my relatives sing and listen through the whole game!

Comments

• andreea03andreea03 Unsigned
    edited December 2009
    YAY! It's great to hear there's another Beatles fan in the world, you should really listen to all of their albums, because so many great songs are missing from the game. :)
  • SomethingWithPeachesSomethingWithPeaches Opening Act
    edited December 2009
    I just have one frustration. I really like the song "Here Comes The sun", but am depressed that it is only 3 minutes long. Is there a longer version BY the Beatles, and not by some stupid cover band?
  • Big-A2Big-A2 Rising Star
    edited December 2009
    That's great. I tried playing with some non-fans yesterday. They were literally acting like 5 year olds the whole time, except with more swearing at each other.

Glad they captivated you though. I really doubt that this would be your first time ever listening to the Beatles you must’ve heard at least one song before without knowing it. By the way, what other bands are into?
    edited December 2009
    Well I mean I recognized a few of the songs from just various "clips" from songs in commercials and various other media, but that truly was my first time experiencing Beatles.

And I must say they sound a lot like a stoner band.
  • SnookerooSnookeroo Opening Act
    edited December 2009
    Aha, you've been converted! :P Just kiddin', but it's really is great to see a new fan. The backgrounds are wonderful aren't they? They're just so...Beatle-y I guess. What I mean is, they just seems like something the Beatles themselves would make had they been able to. It's always fun discovering new things, and The Beatles have a ton of history to learn about. There definitely are a lot of songs not in the game, so listening to all of the albums is a must! There's a ton of unreleased stuff, alternate takes, just so much to listen to. Singing is fun for sure, you might even find yourself singing along when not even playing. Hope you have lots of fun jamming with your family as well!
  • EnglishRainEnglishRain Unsigned
    edited December 2009
    Welcome aboard to the Beatle train!!!
    Glad you gave the Beatles a listen to and now your a fan. There are so many good songs form them that you have to listen. "Here Comes The Sun" is beautiful, but I don't think there is a longer version. You should seriously check out all of their albums, you won't be disappointed. :)
    <3</font>
  • Big-A2Big-A2 Rising Star
    edited December 2009
    SomethingWithPeaches;3361756 said:
    I just have one frustration. I really like the song "Here Comes The sun", but am depressed that it is only 3 minutes long. Is there a longer version BY the Beatles, and not by some stupid cover band?
    None by The Beatles that I know of. George Harrison (lead guitarist and writter of Here Comes The Sun) might've played a longer version of it live in his solo years.
    edited December 2009
    I do love all of their quieter accoustic songs, and the songs with heavier guitaring is interesting to hear.

How many albums did they make?
  • gamegyro56gamegyro56 Road Warrior
    edited December 2009
    SomethingWithPeaches;3361772 said:
    I do love all of their quieter accoustic songs, and the songs with heavier guitaring is interesting to hear.

13 and a lot of singles which were released in the course of 7 years.
  • EnglishRainEnglishRain Unsigned
    edited December 2009
    13 Albums and singles. The albums are listed as below.

Please Please Me (1963)
    With The Beatles (1963)
    A Hard Day's Night (1964)
    Beatles for Sale (1964)
    Help! (1965)
    Rubber Soul (1965)
    Revolver (1966)
    Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band (1967)
    Magical Mystery Tour (1967)
    The Beatles (aka White Album) (1968)
    Yellow Submarine (1969)
    Abbey Road (1969)
    Let It Be (1970)
  • ZorbaruZorbaru Opening Act
    edited December 2009

if you like those type of songs, get a hold of "yesterday" and "blackbird" both great songs. the guitar in blackbird is genius.
    edited December 2009
    My favorite songs are the ones with the cool backgrounds; I will definately give all of these songs a listen tomorrow.
  • sonicnerd23sonicnerd23 Road Warrior
    edited December 2009
    Great to see another Beatles fan. If you need album suggestions, I'd reccomend Abbey Road, Rubber Soul, and Revolver.
  • PleasePleaseMeatPleasePleaseMeat Rising Star
    edited December 2009
    Go through all the Beatles albums in order.

You'll be swept away by raucous rock.

You'll hear the different feel of all the group's members.

You'll drift along with the quiet love songs.

You'll hear sadness and tiredness.

You'll bob your head to the louder love songs.

You'll be amazed at the incredible lyrics and creativity.

You'll be stunned by the powerful rhythms and psychedelic feeling.

Your ears will experience so much difference and awesomeness that they'll explode.

You'll be freaked out and amused.

You'll be subjected to a harsh trip of seperation and conflict.

You'll get a strange sense of deja vu, mixed with a few things you haven't seen yet.

You'll cry.

You'll be smiling and crying at the same time.

You'll have just experienced all the Beatles albums in chronological order.

Then you go out and buy Past Masters, and go through it all again.

I envy you for getting to listen to everything with a new ear. It's amazing to discover the Beatles.
  • BrentstahBrentstah Opening Act
    edited December 2009
    I have to say, congraturation on becoming a Beatles fan. It was a long journey, but it payed off in excellent music!
    Now, for your final test, and to be a TRUE beatles fan, go listen to Revolver, Magical Mystery Tour, and The White album, all three in their entirety.
    You won't believe what you've been missing. Especially Savory Truffle, and most songs on Revolver.

Plus, like the dude above, I envy you for just discovering the Beatles. I have been listening to them since I was -9 months, so I haven't had a chance to, lol :D
  • jimmerhoftjimmerhoft Unsigned
    edited December 2009
    I have to second pleasepleasemeat, listen to them in chronological order.
  • k-mack-mac Road Warrior
    edited December 2009
    I know you said you borrowed it, but arde you planning on buying the game or getting it as a gift because if so, I'd highly reccommend buying the downloadable conent to finish off the 3 albums. Hopefully they'll release more, but completing the albums is so great and enhances the experince so much.
  • edited December 2009
    if you have only listened to the on disc songs then i recommend for you to go to youtube and listen to the revolver and sgt peppers albums.
  • mayhem117mayhem117 Road Warrior
    edited December 2009
    WOO HOO! You should buy the game so that you can get the DLC as well. 3 albums and a song have been made available so far. They add sooo much more to the game. Also There really is a lot of their great songs missing from the game
  • nneptunenneptune Unsigned
    edited December 2009
    sonicnerd23;3361827 said:
    Great to see another Beatles fan. If you need album suggestions, I'd reccomend Abbey Road, Rubber Soul, and Revolver.
    Ahhhh... my 3 favorites!
  • reppination7reppination7 Unsigned
    edited December 2009
    if you like the game, besides listening to all their albums, you should watch their movies, funny, great sound tracks, and stuff you will wanna watch again and again
  • edited December 2009
    Great story man. If you like the disc, I highly recommend the Abbey Road album as DLC.
  • wrecklasswrecklass Unsigned
    edited December 2009
    While the official answer today is 13, the answer actually depends on which country you were in when they were recording. The UK albums (which have become the official catalog) numbered 12. The list someone else put up would be correct minus Magical Mystery Tour. That album was released in the U.S. only, although EMI actually sold it in the UK as an imported album! In the UK the soundtrack to the Magical Mystery Tour was released as a double Extended Play (EP) set with 6 songs as I recall.

When Apple went to revise the official list, they decided to add the U.S. version of the MMT to the original 12 making the total 13.

The total number released in the U.S. was 15 as I recall. Which is why you may talk to a Beatles fan who refers to such albums as Introducing The Beatles and Beatles VI. You can be pretty sure such a fan grew up in or was mostly influenced by the U.S. releases.

However, lest we forget, the official catalog also contains two other albums: Past Masters Volumes 1 and 2. These two must have albums contain many of the hit singles that were never released on a UK album. Notably I Want To Hold Your Hand, which was the song that propelled them to the top of the charts in the U.S. just before their first American tour in 1964. These albums also contain several alternative takes on their original songs. I highly recommend these to anyone who is learning to love The Beatles.

Not trying to confuse you, just want to make you aware of albums that you might otherwise overlook in your quest to discover the ultimate rock band.
  • Rod_StixxRod_Stixx Road Warrior
    edited December 2009
    It just seems so crazy that there are people out there who haven't listened to the Beatles at all, but they do exist. Very cool that you finally got to listen to a lot of stuff and liked it so much. Definitely give the rest of their material outside the game a listen and I'm sure you'll enjoy a lot more of what made the Beatles great.
  • soup567soup567 Headliner
    edited December 2009
    Some great Beatles' songs you should listen too that aren't on the game or aren't DLC yet are Happiness is a Warm Gun, Hey Jude, Savory Truffle, Yesterday, Strawberry Fields Forever, and I Want to Hold Your Hand. There are a lot more, but those are all the ones I can think of right now.
  • reppination7reppination7 Unsigned
    edited December 2009
    ^
    lets not forget Help!
    great song, plus there are so many more
  • mobhit101mobhit101 Rising Star
    edited December 2009
    There's a version of Here Comes the Sun on the Love album. The intro is spectacular with the drums and harmonies. Then it goes into the normal song.

Not sure if it's cool to post this link up but it's worth it ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSGMJedHryE

Definitely give the entire Abbey Road album a listen. Great start for a beginner.