Magical Mystery Tour

BrentstahBrentstah Opening Act
edited December 2009 in The Beatles: Rock Band
Just got done listening to it from beginning to end.
I can't say it's my favorite album, because Revolver stole my heart a while ago, but...
THAT IS A FRIGGING AWESOME ALBUM!!!! :D
Sorry about that. Had to say it.
Which one do you feel like that with?

Also, it was a US album?! Didn't know that. Thought they only re-mastered the UK albums.

And that tune from Flying is stuck in my head. I played it countless times on LoZ Spirit Tracks with the spirit flute. It's amazing.

Comments

• EnglishRainEnglishRain Unsigned
    edited December 2009
    Revolver also stole my heart along time ago. "Love You To," "Taxman," "Tomorrow Never Knows," the whole album is the best in my opinion, it's just fantastic. I haven't heard Magical Mystery Tour in a while. I need to give it another listen to. :)
    <3</font>
  • BrentstahBrentstah Opening Act
    edited December 2009
    EnglishRain;3361945 said:
    "Love You To," "Taxman," "Tomorrow Never Knows"
    You just gained a ton of respect from me.
    Except you forgot the best song of all time Got To Get You Into My Life, lol :D
    edited December 2009
    Brentstah;3361948 said:
    You just gained a ton of respect from me.
    Except you forgot the best song of all time Got To Get You Into My Life, lol :D
    Haha I knew I was forgetting something! ;)
    I really REALLY like the song "Love You To" so much. The way George sings it and the sitar....everything. Hands down one of the best albums ever. Or as George said it in "The Beatles On Record" that basically Revovler is Rubber Soul part 2. :)
  • SilverHammerMaxSilverHammerMax Opening Act
    edited December 2009
    Having recently discovered the majority of revolver(i've heard a few odd tracks here and there before), I too can say that it has stolen my heart, but back on topic,

MMT has to be one of the Beatle's best albums, it's creative, wacky, and downright bizzare at some points, (I am the walrus, flying,) but it can also be both chillingly terrifying and relaxing at the same time (Strawberry fields, Blue Jay Way), and like sgt pepper, everysong is fantastic and it just get's you wanting more............. like the ending to All you Need is Love, it trails off somewhere, and you want to go with it, fantastic!

I think over here in the UK the final 4 tracks wern't on the original EP at first were they? but apparently they were in the states, wierd correct me if i'm wrong though
    edited December 2009
    EnglishRain;3361953 said:
    Haha I knew I was forgetting something! ;)
    I really REALLY like the song "Love You To" so much. The way George sings it and the sitar....everything. Hands down one of the best albums ever. Or as George said it in "The Beatles On Record" that basically Revovler is Rubber Soul part 2. :)
    Don't kill me where I stand, but I didn't care for Rubber Soul.
    Then again, I haven't sat down and listened to it yet. I just see the songs on it, and the ones I recognise determines how "good" it is. But that's not how albums should be judged, and I never heard of Got To Get You Into My Life, She Said She Said, Love You To, Good Day Sunshine, etc. before i sat down to listen to Revolver.
  • quinakingquinaking Road Warrior
    edited December 2009
    Best album they ever did
    edited December 2009
    Brentstah;3361958 said:
    Then again, I haven't sat down and listened to it yet. I just see the songs on it, and the ones I recognise determines how "good" it is. But that's not how albums should be judged, and I never heard of Got To Get You Into My Life, She Said She Said, Love You To, Good Day Sunshine, etc. before i sat down to listen to Revolver.
    One of my favourite Macca songs from what i've heard off revolver, it fills me with such joy and a great positive attitude,
    edited December 2009
    SilverHammerMax;3361961 said:
    One of my favourite Macca songs from what i've heard off revolver, it fills me with such joy and a great positive attitude,
    Me too :D

Edit: Just listened to Strawberry Fields again.
    Someone just say "I BURIED PAUL", or is it just me? O_O
  • gamegyro56gamegyro56 Road Warrior
    edited December 2009
    Brentstah;3361964 said:

Cranberry Sauce.

Revolver has yet to steal my heart. I like it, but it's not my favorite. My favorites are Sgt Pepper's White Album, Abbey Road, then Revolver. I love Love You To, Got To Get You Into My Life, and For No One.

But on topic, I like Magical Mystery Tour, but it's one of my least favorite albums. My least favorite song by the Beatles is Penny Lane, so that might have something to do with it. Though I do like All You Need Is Love and Hello, Goodbye. Though I wish Ringo got a song to sing. MMT, A Hard Day's Night, and Let It Be were the only albums Ringo didn't sing anything (Though he did write a song during the Let It Be sessions)
    edited December 2009
    Brentstah;3361964 said:

^ oh, here we go!:p John says 'Cranberry Sauce' but, a lot of people think it's 'I Buried Paul' and attribute that to the whole 'paul is dead' conspiracy
    edited December 2009
    Brentstah;3361958 said:
    Really? You would listen to the whole MMT but not Rubber Soul? :eek:
    "Norwegian Wood," "You Won't See Me," "Nowhere Man," "In My Life," "Girl," "Michelle,"....ect are all good songs in Rubber Soul, well to me anyway. If you don't like it then it's ok. :)
    edited December 2009
    EnglishRain;3361970 said:
    "Norwegian Wood," "You Won't See Me," "Nowhere Man," "In My Life," "Girl," "Michelle,"....ect are all good songs in Rubber Soul, well to me anyway. If you don't like it then it's ok. :)
    yeah, it's a bit silly to think that people will hate you just because you don't like one album innit?

but as English Rain said, there are too many good tracks on rubber soul so it's impossible to hate it!:p

getting RS for christmas! can't wait!
    edited December 2009
    EnglishRain;3361970 said:
    I've heard a majority of those, because my mom had these best of the beatles (early career was on one cd, late was on another) and that's where I heard them. That's what I mean by I recognize some songs, but not others, you know?
    edited December 2009
    SilverHammerMax;3361973 said:
    yeah, it's a bit silly to think that people will hate you just because you don't like one album innit?

but as English Rain said, there are too many good tracks on rubber soul so it's impossible to hate it!:p

The cd or the rbb download? Cause the download is awesome, I've played a few songs off of it.
    edited December 2009
    Brentstah;3361974 said:
    I've heard a majority of those, because my mom had these best of the beatles (early career was on one cd, late was on another) and that's where I heard them. That's what I mean by I recognize some songs, but not others, you know?
    those CD's wouldn't be the Red album and the Blue album would they? those album's are great arent they? great to play to people who are getting into them for the first time, as you get a taste of every era
    edited December 2009
    SilverHammerMax;3361976 said:
    those CD's wouldn't be the Red album and the Blue album would they? those album's are great arent they? great to play to people who are getting into them for the first time, as you get a taste of every era
    Yes, that's what they are! They are amazing. My mom played them all the time when I was little. But I was getting into rap back then, and didn't like the beatles that much.
    I kick myself for not liking them sooner! But I still like Eminem, and Till I Collapse is still my 2nd favorite song. But that's a different story.
    edited December 2009
    Brentstah;3361975 said:
    The cd or the rbb download? Cause the download is awesome, I've played a few songs off of it.
    admittedly, I don't have TB:RB yet!:o as we don't have much money at the moment, so it's just the CD, but the game is excellent as i have played it at my cousins a few times, the only bad thing was my annoying younger cousin thinking it was guitar hero and was convinced that he had to shreik, scream and WOO! at evrey gap between the lyrics, so eventually i shoved him out of the way using the hoffner and took over, properly singing the song, and then i annoyed him by barking and howling at the end of hey bulldog when i wasn't even on vocals at that point
    edited December 2009
    SilverHammerMax;3361973 said:

Yea it's impossible to hate Rubber Soul hehe :D.
    I pretty much like ALL the songs on Rubber Soul. All this talk about Rubber Soul makes me want to play TB:RB,
    but my brother is currently playing Modern Warefare 2 on my PS3. :(
    edited December 2009
    EnglishRain;3361991 said:
    I pretty much like ALL the songs on Rubber Soul. All this talk about Rubber Soul makes me want to play TB:RB,
    Then get an xbox! Lol jk.
    I can't play RS because I'm on the xbox at my dad's house.
    It hasn't unlocked The End, and has no DLC, not even All You Need Is Love... :(
    edited December 2009
    EnglishRain;3361991 said:
    same, If i eventually have enough money to buy TBRB and the instruments, i may waint until i get i lil bit of extra dosh to get all of rubber soul, and a few tracks off Pepper and abbey road
    edited December 2009
    SilverHammerMax;3361997 said:
    same, If i eventually have enough money to buy TBRB and the instruments, i may waint until i get i lil bit of extra dosh to get all of rubber soul, and a few tracks off Pepper and abbey road
    You should it's well worth it. I have all 3 album DLC. I hope they will be releasing more in the near future, either Revolver or The White album, but for now I'm just happy for the Rubber Soul album. Should keep me busy for a long time. ;)
    <3</font>
  • juan29zapatajuan29zapata Rising Star
    edited December 2009
    I just wish that I can get a PSN card to get all 3 albums completely, for me, it's a sin to not have every song released for the Game.
    edited December 2009
    juan29zapata;3362668 said:
    I just wish that I can get a PSN card to get all 3 albums completely, for me, it's a sin to not have every song released for the Game.
    I know, right? And can you use a credit card on ps3 like you can on X360? Just wondering, cause I might be getting a ps3 for christmas.
  • ZooropaZooropa Unsigned
    edited December 2009
    Yes, you can buy from a credit card on the PS3.
  • zepplinmikezepplinmike Rising Star
    edited December 2009
    I don't really think of MMT as a proper album. I think of it as what it is: An EP with a collection of singles tacked on at the end, sort of like Past Masters 1.5. To me, it lacks the cohesiveness of say, Sgt Pepper, where all the songs were made specifically for the album.
  • LimaoxDLimaoxD Opening Act
    edited December 2009
    I love Magical Mystery Tour! It is maybe my second favorite losing only to Sgt Pepper.
    And I like very much Rubber Soul too, i think it beats Revolver for very little.
  • sonicnerd23sonicnerd23 Road Warrior
    edited December 2009
    Magical Mystery Tour is the trippiest album they ever made. I love it.
    edited December 2009
    I like MMT, but it's not my favourite though. Trippiest album? Indeed. ;)
  • mayhem117mayhem117 Road Warrior
    edited December 2009
    I like Revolver but it isn't my favorite. The one that stole my heart long ago was Sgt. Pepper I played that over and over and over! I wonder if you can do personality profiling based on what Beatles album you prefer the most. Beatles For Sale comes in at number 2 with Abbey Road right behind it. Then the White Album. Then Rubber Soul n Revolver. HEck I love them all, like parents I doubt they categorize their children based on how much they like them. They each have different quirks to them that make them different and unique
  • Big-A2Big-A2 Rising Star
    edited December 2009
    zepplinmike;3362814 said:
    I don't really think of MMT as a proper album. I think of it as what it is: An EP with a collection of singles tacked on at the end, sort of like Past Masters 1.5. To me, it lacks the cohesiveness of say, Sgt Pepper, where all the songs were made specifically for the album.
    That's how I feel about it too, although I should note, the track listing on the first half of the MMT LP/CD is different to the one of the original double EP.

Double EP:

Side one
    1. "Magical Mystery Tour"
    2. "Your Mother Should Know"

Side two
    1. "I Am the Walrus"

Side three
    1. "The Fool on the Hill"
    2. "Flying"

Side four
    1. "Blue Jay Way"

LP, side one: