No export code insert!

MentazmMentazm Unsigned
edited December 2009 in LEGO: Rock Band
Hi guys, big fan of the RB series, picked up Lego Rock Band this week.

Was the last copy in Game Ocean Terminal Edinburgh (UK), there was no export code insert in the box :(

How do I go about getting one? Game said they can't help me :confused:

Comments

• DMBilliesDMBillies Road Warrior
    edited December 2009
    If it was the last game that had, I'm guessing it was a "display" copy and that someone yoinked the code? I don't really know what you can do about that other than appeal to the higher ups at the corporate level of the store and claim that the game was sold as a new copy (i.e., no price reduction for a "floor model"), but that it did not have everything promised with it).

Failing that, **** talk the store to every person you know... it will at least make you feel better.

Edit: My local gamestop had a code slip in their display box and I thought for a minute about writing down the code and trying it at home instead of buying the game. The little angel on my shoulder told me that it wouldn't be right to the eventual owner and that I would also be ripping off HMX. Since I consider export such a great customer service thing HMX is doing, I just couldn't do it and I didn't want someone having a negative experience with a HMX game because I was a jerk.
  • JoshVanHalen87JoshVanHalen87 Road Warrior
    edited December 2009
    mmm what console? if you are on wii, you´re out of luck.
  • MentazmMentazm Unsigned
    edited December 2009
    Thanks for help. Got it on 360 btw. Gamescwhore :D

A guy I know actually works in the shop so I'm going to take it back with the receipt but I have expect him to say 'you gave your friend the code and want another one' or something... I don't know him well, used to work with him.

They had a struggle to find the actual game disk and manual as it was - was the last copy of the game. Think someone who works in the shop probably nicked it.

If they refuse to help me I'll take my business elsewhere - I've spent thousands in that shop over the years.
  • EhfahqEhfahq Headliner
    edited December 2009
    Return the game and tell them that it didnt play on your system, that the disc must be defective. Tell them you want to get a new copy. Make sure your new copy is sealed.

Problem solved.
  • KEWBKEWB Road Warrior
    edited December 2009
    DMBillies;3362430 said:
    If it was the last game that had, I'm guessing it was a "display" copy and that someone yoinked the code? I don't really know what you can do about that other than appeal to the higher ups at the corporate level of the store and claim that the game was sold as a new copy (i.e., no price reduction for a "floor model"), but that it did not have everything promised with it).

Failing that, **** talk the store to every person you know... it will at least make you feel better.

Edit: My local gamestop had a code slip in their display box and I thought for a minute about writing down the code and trying it at home instead of buying the game. The little angel on my shoulder told me that it wouldn't be right to the eventual owner and that I would also be ripping off HMX. Since I consider export such a great customer service thing HMX is doing, I just couldn't do it and I didn't want someone having a negative experience with a HMX game because I was a jerk.
    Stealing the code wouldn't do you any good anyway. The code allows you to download the export key, which allows you to purchase the export package from the LRB Music Store.

EDIT: Then again, you could rent the game or borrow it from a friend. Didn't think about that when I posted lol.