Rubber Soul Worth It?

edited December 2009 in The Beatles: Rock Band
I just got a 4000 points card for Christmas... I know I'm getting Sgt. Pepper's because it's my fav. album, but is Rubber Soul worth buying? I've never really listened to RS all the way through, just wanted an opinion.

Comments

• sonicnerd23sonicnerd23 Road Warrior
    edited December 2009
    It's the Beatles, man. You can't go wrong.

...Okay, if you want my serious opinion, I say go for it. The dreamscapes are amazing, the charts are fun, and the music is catchy and awesome.
  • ghostofjarjarghostofjarjar Road Warrior
    edited December 2009
    I think all their albums are/will be worth it.
  • New_BeeNew_Bee Opening Act
    edited December 2009
    Listen to it all the way through, then. Judge for yourself.

(But yes, it is.)
  • SveppiSveppi Road Warrior
    edited December 2009
    You can also follow them on twitter and try to grab codes when they give them out (Just like right now)

http://twitter.com/TheBeatlesRB
  • Monk61Monk61 Opening Act
    edited December 2009
    Oooh Yessss, worth every cent spending on that album. Wow 4000 points. I will have to wait for Christmas..
  • Taxman999253Taxman999253 Opening Act
    edited December 2009
    How can this be a serious question?
    All Beatle albums are worth buying, so if you don't have Abbey Road, buy that as well.
  • bipolarbear1968bipolarbear1968 Unsigned
    edited December 2009
    Rubber Soul was fair, although I did enjoy playing. I find AR and SPLHB to be a bit better.
  • edited December 2009
    Looks like I'm getting it. Thanks for convincing me, I also looked at the gameplay videos. By the way Taxman, I like your Sig.
  • Taxman999253Taxman999253 Opening Act
    edited December 2009
    I'm Not The Walrus;3363406 said:
    Looks like I'm getting it. Thanks for convincing me, I also looked at the gameplay videos. By the way Taxman, I like your Sig.
    George speaks the truth :D
  • jrdj87jrdj87 Opening Act
    edited December 2009
    i love it, its my favourite album of all the DLC. If you dont get the album at least get nowhere man and michelle as they are great songs and the dreamscapes are amazing.
  • mayhem117mayhem117 Road Warrior
    edited December 2009
    This is probably late but only a handful of the songs have dreamscapes. Others are set in the Shea Stadium or Budokan. Nonetheless it is an awesome album to hum, strum, and drum!
  • TezemeryTezemery Unsigned
    edited December 2009
    Its an awesome album but as far as charting and fun wise its the weakest of the 3 Dlc albums.
  • Sargehalo51Sargehalo51 Road Warrior
    edited December 2009
    Taxman999253;3363430 said:
    George speaks the truth :D
    Yes he does...great sig!
  • Leon-GunLeon-Gun Unsigned
    edited December 2009
    mayhem117;3364923 said:
    This is probably late but only a handful of the songs have dreamscapes. Others are set in the Shea Stadium or Budokan. Nonetheless it is an awesome album to hum, strum, and drum!
    Aside from the disc-based Drive My Car, all the rest non-dreamscape songs are in Shea Stadium. And I found they did a good job separating which where in which. All the Shea Stadium songs had the same feeling (catchy traditional fast songs) while the dreamscape songs where the ones who would change things up a bit. The dreamscapes themselves, while still reusing some effects, where unique in their own way.

So, IMO, I found this to be the most fun to play out of the DLC, not to mention, the DLC held the best songs of the album and the style of the album itself makes it far different to the more experimental styles of Sgt. Pepper and Abbey Road. In this one they still had that fast catchy love beat from their beginnings.

It's been expensive, but I don't have a single regret of buying all the DLC so far. It's been quite excellent.
  • Rich T.Rich T. Rising Star
    edited December 2009
    The RS DLC gives the game a few great new dreamscapes and beefs up Shea Stadium into an awesome eleven-song concert (everyone should try playing the whole thing). Well worth it.
  • kitlerckitlerc Road Warrior
    edited December 2009
    I haven't picked it up yet, I didn't find it to be a strong experience (or maybe I just prefer the later Beatles career) There are songs that I like, but I haven't bought them yet because I may decide to get the whole album for collection purposes (it's much easier to have all the DLC in Beatles than in RB2)

I think I will wait and see what else is coming, if I get any microsoft points for xmas, if they give out anymore xbox codes for it somewhere, and I should probably re-look at the charts again.
  • PectoralzPectoralz Rising Star
    edited December 2009
    Tezemery;3364932 said:
    Its an awesome album but as far as charting and fun wise its the weakest of the 3 Dlc albums.
    Sir, you are 100% WRONG!
  • thebenjsterthebenjster Unsigned
    edited December 2009
    Its not one of my fav albums to listen to but I was very impressed by the dlc. I prefer it to Sgt Pepper as it is a more traditional, guitar, bass and drums album as opposed to the orchestral alternatives that were charted on Pepper.

It surprised me, I loved Abbey Road (which IS my fav beatles album) but I would still say I am not sure which is better to play on rock band.I would say its worth giving it a shot.
  • k-mack-mac Road Warrior
    edited December 2009
    Rubber Soul is an amazing download that is really worth the purchase - I love playing all the songs and may be the strongest of the three downloadable albums (not including the songs already on disk). From Norwegian Wood to Girl to Nowhere Man to Run For Your Life, it's a blast to play all the way through.