Wish LRB songs would show as from "LRB" instead of DLC...

Kyle47Kyle47 Unsigned
edited December 2009 in LEGO: Rock Band
Sorry, it's just one of my annoyances. I'd really like the LRB tracks to appear as from LRB, just like songs appear as from "RB1" or "RB2" instead of DLC... don't you guys agree?

I'm hoping they'll make a patch for that.

Comments

• chico76chico76 Rising Star
    edited December 2009
    I agree. There is a Lego Rock Band icon used within the song list in the Lego game itself, why not use that in RB1 and RB2 in the sorting?
  • Bront20Bront20 The Writing's on the Wall
    edited December 2009
    chico76;3365594 said:
    I agree. There is a Lego Rock Band icon used within the song list in the Lego game itself, why not use that in RB1 and RB2 in the sorting?
    For RB2, it would require a patch to single out those songs (probably simple, but not a reason to release a patch in itself).

For RB1... I doubt it recognizes anything as not-DLC other than it's own songs.
  • Sargehalo51Sargehalo51 Road Warrior
    edited December 2009
    I prefer them to be in with my regular DLC, which is exactly where I hope the songs from the RB Green Day will also go.
  • Kyle47Kyle47 Unsigned
    edited December 2009
    Bront20;3365667 said:
    For RB2, it would require a patch to single out those songs (probably simple, but not a reason to release a patch in itself).

For RB1... I doubt it recognizes anything as not-DLC other than it's own songs.
    I'm hoping they'll do that on RB2. Or just have it ready when Rock Band 3 comes out. :)
  • MikachuMikachu Road Warrior
    edited December 2009
    I'd prefer if it had its own section. Same with Green Day Rock Band. But I can't see it happening in Rock Band 2. Maybe Rock Band 3, but I'm sure they didn't program the songs to automatically sort into a Lego Rock Band category for future installments, so there'd have to be a patch either way.
  • thjimmythjimmy Road Warrior
    edited December 2009
    My "Downloaded" section is a little overwhelming. I'd love to see LRB and Track Packs get their own icon and sort.
  • JPSChampagneJPSChampagne Rising Star
    edited December 2009
    Lego songs sorting correctly would ease a lot of the headache of quickly getting to them. I'd support a change.
  • Mutley93Mutley93 Opening Act
    edited December 2009
    Yeah i agree ^^

It would make everything so much easier to find
  • mjlambert1mjlambert1 Road Warrior
    edited December 2009
    I agree that DLC is overwhelming. I just sort them by artist. Easiest way
  • HavganHavgan Unsigned
    edited December 2009
    I agree, I would like to see them in a LRB category, my downloaded stuff is already too much.
  • Kyle47Kyle47 Unsigned
    edited December 2009
    Yeah. With disc songs and everything total, I have over 360 songs...

What would be the best way to actually contact HMX about this annoyance? I doubt they'll read this thread.
  • xena1128xena1128 Unsigned
    edited December 2009
    Definately. When Im looking through my DLC it would be so much easier if it was categorized with LGR so I can find stuff easier.

~WarriorPrincez~
  • UltraceUltrace Road Warrior
    edited December 2009
    JPSChampagne;3366315 said:
    Lego songs sorting correctly would ease a lot of the headache of quickly getting to them. I'd support a change.
    Is it truly easier for you to get to a song by remembering where it came from (DLC, Lego, etc.) than to actually sort by the artist or title of the song? Or am I missing something and you regularly say, "I feel like playing something from Lego Rock Band, let's look at all of those songs in a group"?
  • jeccanekojeccaneko Headliner
    edited December 2009
    Ultrace;3370208 said:
    Is it truly easier for you to get to a song by remembering where it came from (DLC, Lego, etc.) than to actually sort by the artist or title of the song? Or am I missing something and you regularly say, "I feel like playing something from Lego Rock Band, let's look at all of those songs in a group"?
    I guess people think it would be nice to instantly see if a band you are in has the Lego songs. But you can already see that. If you sort by what they are from, you should see A-Punk near the top for your download songs no matter how many you have. If it is greyed out (it so far always has been for me - I have yet to get to play the LRB songs online), then you know the rest of the LRB songs are unavailable. That's how I do it anyway.

I guess another good reason to remember it came from Lego is if you're not good at remembering song titles or artists. Like you think "there's this song I really liked from Lego... what was it called?" and have to scroll through potentially hundreds of DLC to find it.
  • ricecakericecake Road Warrior
    edited December 2009
    There was a big thread about this that kind of turned into a flame war:
    http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?t=174810

FWIW, I support a separate category for the L:RB songs.
  • T-HybridT-Hybrid Washed Up
    edited December 2009
    thjimmy;3366301 said:
    My "Downloaded" section is a little overwhelming. I'd love to see LRB and Track Packs get their own icon and sort.
    Track Pack songs can't because they are regular DLC songs bundled together. It could potentially cause problems when two people share the songs but have them from different locations.

Also, do we really need this thread again?
  • ShadowChaosControlShadowChaosControl Rising Star
    edited December 2009
    i would like to see lego rock band songs show up as LRB songs in RB3, RB1 and 2 have the excuse though
  • SkullfireSkullfire Opening Act
    edited December 2009
    It seems that RBN songs will have their own icon (from what I've seen in previews). So it is not impossible to update RB2 with the relevant icon. I don't understand why they can't/couldn't include a LRB icon with the RBN update.
  • mayhem117mayhem117 Road Warrior
    edited December 2009
    It wouldn't be that hard I'd say. All they'd have to do is modify the download so that the icon has a the lego sign and post an update that says if you want the lego icon to be present in Rock Band 2 then delete the one you downloaded and go to your download history and redownload. I remember they did the same to the police song pack because the songs genres were mislabeled.

Maybe they can't do it in RB2 because traveller's tales (or however owns the rights to the lego logo) has no part in that game and they'd have to go through a bunch of legal stuff

I think Harmonix only found the songs and charted the notes and Travellers tales added a lego theme to it (lego notes, lego people, lego vehicles, etc) and did the character animations. In return HMX wanted to be able to put the songs into their own game
  • sieesiee Road Warrior
    edited December 2009
    T-Hybrid;3371978 said:
    Also, do we really need this thread again?
    Yes.
  • ClipheadCliphead Rising Star
    edited December 2009
    Ultrace;3370208 said:
    ^what he said. I think most of this is either icon/semantics OCD or complaining for the sake of it. Or maybe people are forgetting that by location isn't the only (or even close to the most practical) way to look for songs. I've downloaded enough songs that that method of sorting became useless forever ago. If you want a list of the songs, either play from the Lego disc or look it up on Wikipedia.