No characters on stage?

skysawskysaw Opening Act
edited December 2009 in The Rock Band Network
I'm trying to learn how all this works by using the sample files (Future Soon). I set up all the files in Magma just fine, and everything exports ok to the 360. But when I try the audition out, I only get instrument tracks... no performers on stage at all. All of the charting seems intact, so it seems it has the correct MIDI file.

Is there something simple I'm missing? (Like they're not supposed to show up?)

Comments

• trg007trg007 Your Ever Rocking RBN Forum Guru
    edited December 2009
    Sounds like you're using the "Practice Space" venue. Select any of the other 4 venues and you will see the animations.
  • skysawskysaw Opening Act
    edited December 2009
    Oh the humiliation!

(and thanks!!)
  • RobbySuaveRobbySuave Rising Star
    edited December 2009
    I don't get why they used Practice Space as the default venue anyway. This is a pretty common problem. I don't know why someone would prefer not seeing the stage. I mean, even if none of the non-instrument tracks were even started, I'd still rather see the stage than a static scene.
  • davidshekdavidshek Community Playtester
    edited December 2009
    blueblur3000;3381090 said:
    I don't get why they used Practice Space as the default venue anyway. This is a pretty common problem. I don't know why someone would prefer not seeing the stage. I mean, even if none of the non-instrument tracks were even started, I'd still rather see the stage than a static scene.
    I usually use the Practice Space for the first several times through the song, when I'm playtesting the charts themselves. I don't want or need the stage animations distracting me when all I need to see is the note charts.
  • ethicalpaulethicalpaul Opening Act
    edited December 2009
    I agree with you blueblur that practice space shouldn't be default. When I'm authoring, I want to see the animations as much as possible in the hope of finding something wrong in one of the random shots that gets generated.

But I guess lots of other people like that the practice space apparently loads faster.
  • trg007trg007 Your Ever Rocking RBN Forum Guru
    edited December 2009
    blueblur3000;3381090 said:
    It's not so much that someone would specifically not want to see the stage, it's for the times when you are looking at charts and therefore don't care about the stage. In those cases you can save a few seconds of loading time by using Practice Space. The fact that it's the default has never bothered me, since it's easy enough to just pick the venue I want when I load up a song.
  • skysawskysaw Opening Act
    edited December 2009
    I see the need for the practice space. But on the opposite side, I wish there were an option to watch all the animation without having to have at least one instrument play. Sometimes I just want to quickly check out my new camera and lighting cues, and I'm not interested in the charts just then.