Should i Chose RB2 Or The Beatles

TheScorpioTheScorpio Unsigned
edited December 2009 in The Beatles: Rock Band
-Hey All How Are Yw ..
I Have A Problem I Dont Know Whether I Have To Choose (RockBand2) or Select (The Beatles) ..
I Want To Know The Best ..

And Is (RockBand.Metal) good Cuz i Wanna Buy It ..

Comments

• Kenny-BandKenny-Band Road Warrior
    edited December 2009
    Do you like The Beatles? Rock Band 2 has more artists. The Beatles Rock Band only works with Beatles songs no other bands.
  • Gigli78Gigli78 Rising Star
    edited December 2009
    The Beatles. Or wait for Plastic One Elephant Band: Rock Band
  • k-mack-mac Road Warrior
    edited December 2009
    If you like The Beatles, definately get Beatles RB and then buy the DLC albums to help complete the experience.
  • Taxman999253Taxman999253 Opening Act
    edited December 2009
    Isn't it obvious what answers you're going to receive by posting in the Beatles forum?

THE BEATLES:ROCK BAND
  • Dragonheart1991Dragonheart1991 Road Warrior
    edited December 2009
    If you like all types of Rock music, and wish for a 1000 song DLC Library that's better than Guitar Hero. Get RB2

If you like The Beatles and want to get the family around, get Beatles.
  • supernova1324supernova1324 Headliner
    edited December 2009
    RB2. Of course the fanboys here will say TBRB, but the fact is that RB2's library is far more diverse and large than TBRB's will ever be and there are far more fun songs to be found in RB2 than TBRB.
  • leob5622leob5622 Opening Act
    edited December 2009
    I say get both, if you can afford it.

TB:RB is a great game for fans of both the Beatles and Rock Band.

RB2 is an awesome platform for many kinds of popular music from diverse genres and decades, even 70's Country.

As for the Metal Track Pack, play it before you download it. So you know whether you're going to like the songs available on it. Also, it's currently the only means by which you can get Bulls on Parade - Rage Against the Machine.
  • Lang1441Lang1441 Unsigned
    edited December 2009
    Both are awesome games.

If you like the beatles then pick up that, but if you want more variety then pick up Rock Band 2.

You can't go wrong with either.
  • edited December 2009
    get the beatles rock band..definitely.
  • skylabskylab Unsigned
    edited December 2009
    First get TB-RB, if you want some history. Then get RB2 when you can.:)
  • FizzelerFizzeler Washed Up
    edited December 2009
    supernova1324;3373440 said:
    RB2. Of course the fanboys here will say TBRB, but the fact is that RB2's library is far more diverse and large than TBRB's will ever be and there are far more fun songs to be found in RB2 than TBRB.
    Indeed

As for the Metal Track Pack if you like the track listing get it I have all those songs, but the exclusives, Laid To Rest, and Waking The Demon. The songs are quite fun and if you buy it new you can export the songs from the track pack onto RB2 using the code on the back of the manual (this does not work for the Wii version)
  • liaminhliaminh Opening Act
    edited December 2009
    rent. try. decide.
  • Leon-GunLeon-Gun Unsigned
    edited December 2009
    I kindly disagree with Supernova about the "fun" subject, but I have to agree Rockband 2 is the way to go if you want to play a large amount of songs from a lot of different artists and styles of music.

If I would kindly suggest, buy Rockband 2 (the whole pack is much cheaper than TB:RB, and the instruments are about the same quality), and buy TB:RB alone without instruments. It would be only an adittional 60 bucks over the Rockband 2 band pack and you would be getting both a game featuring one of the greatest band of all time (and one of the best looking music games around) AND another game with access to an immense well of songs.
  • ColbyTheShortieColbyTheShortie Unsigned
    edited December 2009
  • gamegyro56gamegyro56 Road Warrior
    edited December 2009
    I like Beatles Rock Band more. But that probably has to do with the fact the Beatles are my favorite band, and I don't really like metal or hard rock. But if you do like hard rock and metal, RB2 is definitely the way to go. The only hard rock songs the Beatles have are Helter Skelter and Revolution (though people could argue that there are more)
  • RADIO CHRISRADIO CHRIS Road Warrior
    edited December 2009
  • bipolarbear1968bipolarbear1968 Unsigned
    edited December 2009
    I own both and TB:RB never leaves my console.
  • TheScorpioTheScorpio Unsigned
    edited December 2009
    Today i Bought RB2 It Was Awesome :D!!
    - But i Wanna Download Songs ;s i Dont Know How;s
  • Dragonheart1991Dragonheart1991 Road Warrior
    edited December 2009
  • supernova1324supernova1324 Headliner
    edited December 2009
    TheScorpio;3375923 said:
    Today i Bought RB2 It Was Awesome :D!!
    - But i Wanna Download Songs ;s i Dont Know How;s
    Buy points in the marketplace and then go to the music store and browse songs until you find the one you want. If you use the 360 you need an XBL gold account to buy songs.

Also, can you not type with all those colors? It's a pain to read.
  • instantdeath999instantdeath999 Washed Up
    edited December 2009
    My opinion is that, while TBRB is a far better game (speaking strictly from a gameplay point of view, not bringing soundtrack into account), RB2 has a far better artists selection, more variety in genre and difficulty, and has some extremely fun songs. So I say RB2, but TBRB is far more visually impressive, if you're into that sort of thing. After all, it is the songs that make the game.
  • taylorleetaylorlee Road Warrior
    edited December 2009
    Rock Band 2.

Nearly double the amount of tracks (easily double if you count the 20 bonus tracks), much more variety in the artists, the massive amount of songs available, and a lower price point.

It doesn't look as nice as the Beatles does, but whenever the argument is presented that GH games look better than RB2, this gets pulled out;

"It's a music game. I'm too busy hitting notes to focus on the background".
    edited December 2009
    i Use PS3! - And supernova1324 THANKS:D!
  • BZLuckBZLuck Opening Act
    edited December 2009
    Following the advice I was given here, which I was very happy with and made total sense, this is my suggestion to you:

Buy the RB2 bundle. Mic/Guitar/Drums/RB2

Then buy the RB:TB game disc only.

If you want to add another guitar as a bass (like I did) we bought the Gretsch.

That way you get the best of both worlds. (I also remember something about TB:RB "Value Edition" only having RB1 instruments. ?)
    edited December 2009
    i Bought A Song And When i Want To download it It Say 'This Ps3 System Cannot Be Activated . This Content Cannot Be Used.
    5 Ps3 System Already Activated For Your Account.
    To Activate This System You Must ' What Should i Do;s!
    edited December 2009
    The User That Use , i Gave it To My Cousin And His Friend And i Tell Him to Delete The Account , After That i Try To Download Again And Nothing Change
  • nbalive2005nbalive2005 Rising Star
    edited December 2009
    TheScorpio;3381619 said:
    The User That Use , i Gave it To My Cousin And His Friend And i Tell Him to Delete The Account , After That i Try To Download Again And Nothing Change
    Your probably out of luck, your cousins' friend of cousin probably let another person use the account without telling you.

You can make a new account though, but you'll have to get more money into the account if you used a PS card since you cant transfer funds.
  • darkpowrjddarkpowrjd Unsigned
    edited December 2009
    supernova1324;3376748 said:
    Buy points in the marketplace and then go to the music store and browse songs until you find the one you want. If you use the 360 you need an XBL gold account to buy songs.
    Incorrect. You need a Gold account to play online against/with others, but not to buy anything from the Marketplace (unless MS made HMX do something different with the DLC for the game, which would be lame).

As for what game to get, I would get RB2 first (bigger track list and large DLC selection). If you're a Beatles fan that MUST have the replica instruments, then get the instrument pact for TBRB. Be careful, too, that right now, TBRB is the only game that locks its track list (as in, you can't use any of the other songs from any other RB game on TBRB, and there is no way to export the songs (yet, because you KNOW they will let us at SOME point) from TBRB to play them on RB2). Keep that in your mind when purchasing, because that's one of the reasons why the game hasn't been selling as well as hoped.
    edited December 2009
    i Have Ps3 , And i Never Try 360 ;o!
    edited December 2009
    Guys i Really Think That RB Is Better Then The Beatles , Because Rock[U] Band 2[/U] Have Many Songs , And The Beatles Just The Beatles