Game missing from box

ggambleggamble Unsigned
edited December 2009 in The Beatles: Rock Band
We bought 2 beatles rock band packages from Sam's Club and neither of them contained a game. One for a Wii and one for an xbox.

The box only contained the instruments. We contacted a person from another city and they did not get a beatles rockband game in their box either. Is there a trick that we are missing on where the game is? The box indicates that the beatles game is included but not the RB or RB2 game.

Comments

• MarioUKMarioUK Unsigned
    edited December 2009
    IIRC in the PS3 bundle anyway, the game was in the bottom left corner of the box, underneath the postcards and some card.
  • JPGRNGJPGRNG Unsigned
    edited December 2009
    ggamble;3377370 said:
    We bought 2 beatles rock band packages from Sam's Club and neither of them contained a game. One for a Wii and one for an xbox.

The box only contained the instruments. We contacted a person from another city and they did not get a beatles rockband game in their box either. Is there a trick that we are missing on where the game is? The box indicates that the beatles game is included but not the RB or RB2 game.
    take it back to Sam's Club and replace them get them to open the box to insure the game is in the box.
  • ggambleggamble Unsigned
    edited December 2009
    We are going to try that but, they don't have them in stock at the moment.

The only documentation included in the box was the instruction manual for the drum kit that was included in the subsystem box and the instruction manual for the guitar that was included in that subsystem box.

No other documentation or postcards were in the package.
  • Kenny-BandKenny-Band Road Warrior
    edited December 2009
    Is it the full bundle or only a single instrument? If it is a single instrument, the game software will not be included.
  • JPGRNGJPGRNG Unsigned
    edited December 2009
    ggamble;3377399 said:
    We are going to try that but, they don't have them in stock at the moment.

The only documentation included in the box was the instruction manual for the drum kit that was included in the subsystem box and the instruction manual for the guitar that was included in that subsystem box.

No other documentation or postcards were in the package.
    try take in to Wal-Mart or call and ask them will replace it.
    edited December 2009
    The full bundle, "supposedly". It indicates on the outside of the box that there is supposed to be a game but, that is false.
  • DookieManDookieMan Road Warrior
    edited December 2009
    edited December 2009
    DookieMan;3377409 said:
    Are you in the US?
    Yes. 2 that we bought in Houston are missing the game. One in Dallas from a friend is missing the game. I don't know if the one in Dallas was purchased at Sam's as well.
  • sewelldssewellds Unsigned
    edited December 2009
    Bought a wii rockband from Sams and it did not have micro or acc. when it says on the box it. Whats up with that?:mad:
  • acidicthought8acidicthought8 Road Warrior
    edited December 2009
    Apparently, I will never purchase this game from Sam's Club...
  • Explosion2Explosion2 Road Warrior
    edited December 2009
    was it the value bundle or the special edition?
    it doesn't really matter though, both bundles should contain a game.
  • nneptunenneptune Unsigned
    edited December 2009
    Think of the bright side...
    you were able to get 8 gallon-sized cans of pears for $1.50!!

But, truly, that does suck.
    Don't let them bully you. Sam's is owned by WalMart, so they should do
    something for you!
  • kenttzkenttz Unsigned
    edited December 2009
    Sounds like someone is taking the games out or something at the store. Hopefully they let you return it and not think you are bsing them.
  • Rod_StixxRod_Stixx Road Warrior
    edited December 2009
    Sounds a bit like the problem Target had a few years back where iPods were being replaced by rocks in the box. You open your iPod box, and there are rocks, but no iPod. Target gave the customer that first found the problem a hard time when they tried to return it, and finally allowed the return...but made them buy it before they could open it to check. Sure enough, a second box of rocks. Eventually they found one with a real iPod in it, but it turned out that there was somebody at the distribution center making the iPod/rock swap that they caught later.

You should be able to get it fixed, but Sams may give you a bit of hassle about it. It is understandable from the retailer's perspective, as there are a lot of people trying to pull fraud by claiming they didn't get the item, attempting to return discounted items as full priced items, etc. In the end, you should be able to get it replaced for a bundle that has the full game in it.

Really disappointing to open a bundle on Christmas and find out there is no game inside.
  • mayhem117mayhem117 Road Warrior
    edited December 2009
    look in every nook and cranny. Sometimes they pack it in side cardboards and such
  • RyuzakiRyuzaki Road Warrior
    edited December 2009
    Contact them about it as soon as you can.
    Be professional and be persistent.
    Good luck!
  • RADIO CHRISRADIO CHRIS Road Warrior
    edited December 2009
  • SystemSCSnakeSystemSCSnake Road Warrior
    edited December 2009
    HMX is turning greedy, or some guys wanted free copies of the beatles.
  • gamegyro56gamegyro56 Road Warrior
    edited December 2009
    I don't have the full bundle, but some people are saying to look harder.

This is where the game is in the bundle:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ScHAqmWKFVo
  • Big-A2Big-A2 Rising Star
    edited December 2009
    Well something's obviously up with Sam's Club. Get a refund and buy the bundle somewhere else.
    edited December 2009
    Well apparently it is a problem at Sam's or their distribution network. Since nobody else is jumping in with a bunch of "me too's" it isn't a packout problem but probably a sticky finger problem.

No Sam's in the city have the bundle to exchange it with. So, we ended up just paying another 60 bucks for just the game. It isn't my kids fault that somebody tried to be a scrooge.

Thanks for all the input folks.
  • CM_DrunkCM_Drunk Road Warrior
    edited December 2009
    lol...the ole "Steal the game out of the box, then return it" trick. I love it!
    edited December 2009
    Well, I'm glad you find humor in it because it chaps my ass that I had to spend an extra 60 bucks to get my kid the present they were supposed to get on Christmas morning.
  • solidsnakejtsolidsnakejt Road Warrior
    edited December 2009
    ggamble;3389854 said:
    Well, I'm glad you find humor in it because it chaps my ass that I had to spend an extra 60 bucks to get my kid the present they were supposed to get on Christmas morning.
    why didnt you try to get the game for free?
    since you obviously paid for a bundle that had no game in it.
  • Lawdog1521Lawdog1521 Squirrel Chasing Expert
    edited December 2009
    Sounds like fraud on the part of a worker or as a somone else mentioned another consumer. It's to bad you didn't wait but I can understand why you went ahead and bought the game seperate.

Normally Sams and Walmart are pretty good about taking stuff like that back. I've bought empty CD cases before and they took it back with no hassle.
    (Those stupid cardboard "green" cases just ask for fraud, people cut the side and just slip the CD out in the store.)