Disappointed with Lego Rock Band on Wii

GrahamN8NGrahamN8N Unsigned
edited December 2009 in LEGO: Rock Band
Got Lego Rock Band for Xmas...it was pretty fun at first--until I learned that I can't play anything I've downloaded. Surely there was a way to fix that, but maybe the developers were too lazy?

Beatles RB was/is sooooo good. Why couldn't you guys take a little more effort with Lego RB?

I like a lot of the songs, but I'd like to make some other setlists. This is disappointing at best.

Comments

• GandWuserGandWuser Road Warrior
    edited December 2009
    I was just about to say the same thing. They didn't even put in a store! I feel rather ripped off.
  • BZLuckBZLuck Opening Act
    edited December 2009
    Disc swapping is the way of the Wii. Get used to it.
  • DookieManDookieMan Road Warrior
    edited December 2009
    Sorry, I know it sucks, but you should have done some research.
    edited December 2009
    I did do my research. It said no where that there was no Store or way to import songs.
  • CyanFunkCyanFunk Road Warrior
    edited December 2009
    And the Rock Band franchise takes a huge step back after the amazing Wii port that was the Beatles.
    BZLuck;3377876 said:
    Disc swapping is the way of the Wii. Get used to it.
    Unless you play Guitar Hero.
    edited December 2009
    In all reality, I'm not that ticked off, I'd just like to play LRB songs in RB2.
  • SonicRocker15XSonicRocker15X Headliner
    edited December 2009
    GandWuser;3377890 said:
    I did do my research. It said no where that there was no Store or way to import songs.
    Except, y'know, THE OTHER THREADS HERE ABOUT WII USERS COMPLAINING ABOUT THE SAME THING.
  • monkeyfishmonkeyfish Road Warrior
    edited December 2009
    CyanFunk;3378083 said:
    Unless you play Guitar Hero.
    But these are the RB forums. We're not supposed to care or even acknowledge how much better GH is at supporting the Wii fanbase! :D
  • CyanFunkCyanFunk Road Warrior
    edited December 2009
    monkeyfish;3378478 said:
    But these are the RB forums. We're not supposed to care or even acknowledge how much better GH is at supporting the Wii fanbase! :D
    Oh, right. Acknowledging it would make it seem like Rock Band has flaws.
    edited December 2009
    SonicRocker15X;3378447 said:
    Except, y'know, THE OTHER THREADS HERE ABOUT WII USERS COMPLAINING ABOUT THE SAME THING.
    Except for the fact that I barely ever use these forums.
  • T-HybridT-Hybrid Washed Up
    edited December 2009
    GandWuser;3377890 said:
    The case does not carry the red Nintendo Wifi logo. So there's your first tip.

Second, the official presser only calls out exportation for 360 and PS3 versions of the game.
  • jerimeljerimel Unsigned
    edited December 2009
    GandWuser;3389028 said:
    And the fact that I don't think we should have assumed DLC/export would NOT be part of it - especially after the Wii versions of the Beatles and RB2
    edited December 2009
    GandWuser;3389028 said:
    This research only took me 10 seconds.
  • bigmfbigmf Tiny Hulk Smash!
    edited December 2009
    The original poster has one post on the 26th, and none since then. I wonder why that is? Oh, I know, because people crapped all over him and others for a simple statement.
    edited December 2009
    bigmf;3389225 said:
    The original poster has one post on the 26th, and none since then. I wonder why that is? Oh, I know, because people crapped all over him and others for a simple statement.
    Nice try, but go back and read the thread. Several users sympathized with the original OP, GrahamN8N.

Then GrandWuser hijacked the thread claiming he was "ripped off" despite doing "research". And now he is rightfully being corrected by several users demonstrating how even a few seconds of average Internet use would've given them the info that they needed.

Nobody is attacking the original OP. But several users are responding to the nonsense being spat out by a subsequent entrant into this thread.
    edited December 2009
    T-Hybrid;3389246 said:
    Nice try, but go back and read the thread. Several users sympathized with the original OP, GrahamN8N.

Then GrandWuser hijacked the thread claiming he was "ripped off" despite doing "research". And now he is rightfully being corrected by several users demonstrating how even a few seconds of average Internet use would've given them the info that they needed.

Nobody is attacking the original OP. But several users are responding to the nonsense being spat out by a subsequent entrant into this thread.
    Nice try, yourself. The original original poster (I like the way you say it) made a little complaint. Then GandWuser followed up in agreement. He was treated poorly (part of the "others" in my previous statement). Using scare quotes and calling his statements nonsense which was spat out does not help your case. If I were a new user of the forums I would run away as well.
  • SomeGuyXG3SomeGuyXG3 Unsigned
    edited December 2009
    I'm kinda ticked with how RB in general was handled on the Wii, especially with Lego RB. I've been considering lately getting an XBox 360 and all the stuff for Rock Band I have on the Wii (Obviously a pricey matter). What I'm wondering is whether Harmonix is ever going to actually make exporting available on the Wii (if/when they make RB3), or if I should just dish out the money to get the setup for the 360?

Any thoughts?
    edited December 2009
    SomeGuyXG3;3389548 said:
    I'm kinda ticked with how RB in general was handled on the Wii, especially with Lego RB. I've been considering lately getting an XBox 360 and all the stuff for Rock Band I have on the Wii (Obviously a pricey matter). What I'm wondering is whether Harmonix is ever going to actually make exporting available on the Wii (if/when they make RB3), or if I should just dish out the money to get the setup for the 360?

Any thoughts?
    I personally couldn't see my way clear on buying a new console just for one game (or game series or game platform). If there were other things I was looking for, then I might do it.
    edited December 2009
    bigmf;3389285 said:
    Nice try, yourself. The original original poster (I like the way you say it) made a little complaint.
    Since you resorted to a "gotchya" and a grammar attack, I will accept that you have no other point to make.
    bigmf;3389285 said:
    Then GandWuser followed up in agreement. He was treated poorly (part of the "others" in my previous statement). Using scare quotes and calling his statements nonsense which was spat out does not help your case.
    I don't care if your a new user, or a regular user. It gets tiring to see assumptions of malicious intent on the part of Harmonix just because the complainer didn't do their homework.

The OP was unfortunate. He got the game he wanted for Christmas, but unfortunately it wasn't what he had hoped.

The next guy, well, he didn't bother to spend 10 seconds to look up exportation details and then blamed HMX when he didn't get what he wanted.

Information regarding the export is readily available online. And as with the 360, Wii games have a clear label on them when they support downloadable content.

I feel bad for the OP, I don't feel so bad for the follow up. It's cool you want to play the White Knight here, but he didn't do his homework. There's no excuse for that.
    edited December 2009
    T-Hybrid;3390186 said:
    Since you resorted to a "gotchya" and a grammar attack, I will accept that you have no other point to make.
    OK we'll leave it at that, then.

I don't care if your a new user, or a regular user. It gets tiring to see assumptions of malicious intent on the part of Harmonix just because the complainer didn't do their homework.
    Or not. You know who it doesn't get tiring for? New people with 1 or 6 posts.

The OP was unfortunate. He got the game he wanted for Christmas, but unfortunately it wasn't what he had hoped.

The next guy, well, he didn't bother to spend 10 seconds to look up exportation details and then blamed HMX when he didn't get what he wanted.

Information regarding the export is readily available online. And as with the 360, Wii games have a clear label on them when they support downloadable content.

I feel bad for the OP, I don't feel so bad for the follow up. It's cool you want to play the White Knight here, but he didn't do his homework. There's no excuse for that.
    What there really is no excuse for is firing out insults at anyone you cross paths with.
  • ryan12147ryan12147 Headliner
    edited December 2009
    Why does everyone think that Lego Rock Band was made my Harmonix? They only did the charts for the songs and gave Traveler's Tales the Rock Band name. This is old news and I've seen many people saying the few glitches in this game are Harmonix's fault only to be quickly corrected by another forum member.
    edited December 2009
    bigmf;3390576 said:
    What there really is no excuse for is firing out insults at anyone you cross paths with.
    Or following a single user through multiple threads to single them out even though they weren't the first or the last to disagree with the OP. Which is really just more sad than anything.
  • KariodudeKariodude Road Warrior
    edited December 2009
    bigmf;3389285 said:
    Using scare quotes and calling his statements nonsense which was spat out does not help your case. If I were a new user of the forums I would run away as well.
    If new forum users run away because of something someone says, then they put way too much weight into what people on the internet say. I've encountered racists, sexists, 40 year old high school bullies and even level 45 dark elves and I haven't run away from the internet.
    edited December 2009
    T-Hybrid;3390770 said:
    Or following a single user through multiple threads to single them out even though they weren't the first or the last to disagree with the OP. Which is really just more sad than anything.
    Yes it is sad, and I'm not sure why you singled me out. You were the first to respond to me, I did not quote you until you felt the need to quote me.

When you have an average of twelve to thirteen posts a day since you joined, you may run across the same people once in a while.
  • EhfahqEhfahq Headliner
    edited December 2009
    bigmf;3389225 said:
    Nobody crapped all over him. Stop trying to begging for sympathy when its uneeded.
    edited December 2009
    Kariodude;3390961 said:
    I've encountered racists, sexists, 40 year old high school bullies and even level 45 dark elves and I haven't run away from the internet.
    Fellow 360 user I see. ;)
  • rdwalterrdwalter Unsigned
    edited December 2009
    T-Hybrid;3389143 said:
    This research only took me 10 seconds.
    That was awesome! I will need to do some research on that, pronto!