talk about an anticlimatic final guitar song

djrotiboydjrotiboy Opening Act
edited January 2010 in LEGO: Rock Band
i was SOOO disappointed to see that "kung fu fighting" was the final song for guitar, especially after playing it. no epic solo or anything?

i personally think "final countdown" should've been last. yeah, most of the song was easier but then there was that killer solo. it seems like RB (and even GH) typically puts a more epic song with a crazy solo as the last one than some song that just has tricky fingering or whatever (ex. gg&ht vs rtth and painkiller vs visions).

what do you guys think should've been the guitar finale?

Comments

• mayhem117mayhem117 Road Warrior
    edited December 2009
    The final Countdown for sho! I don't own the game but I watched the video for it on youtube. Dude that was epic as funk having to repower an alien spaceship with your rock! It made me wanna buy the game. Sadly I can't afford it at the moment
  • sonicnerd23sonicnerd23 Road Warrior
    edited December 2009
    Short and Sweet because Steve Vai.
  • Happy DragonHappy Dragon Rising Star
    edited December 2009
    HENDRIX!!!

:D

Although, oddly enough Kung Fu Fighting was the only song I failed out on in the whole game on guitar. Maybe it's the climax for a reason after all.
  • RockBandRockerRockBandRocker Love Is A Battleship
    edited December 2009
    "Silver" by Pixies! :D

(Of course, I only say that because that was the 15th song on my Rock Marathon :p)
  • Nickalos NNickalos N Rising Star
    edited December 2009
    I think Kung Fu Fighting is harder at least for me
  • RockBandRockerRockBandRocker Love Is A Battleship
    edited December 2009
    Nickalos N;3378987 said:
    I think Kung Fu Fighting is harder at least for me
    The chord progression is the hardest part of the song.

The alt-strumming isn't so bad, but switching from green/red/yellow to green/red to green quickly is a pain.
  • djrotiboydjrotiboy Opening Act
    edited December 2009
    yeah, but visions is harder than painkiller, yet painkiller is the last one.
  • feqqrfeqqr Unsigned
    edited December 2009
    Absolutely the final countdown. Even if it isn't the hardest, the song is called THE FINAL COUNTDOWN. Come on.

And the in game final song was actually really easy.
  • WalterrrrWalterrrr Unsigned
    edited December 2009
    The Final Countdown to Kung Fu Fighting
  • k-mack-mac Road Warrior
    edited December 2009
    The Final Countdown - epic guitar solo and It is the FINAL Countdown afterall....
  • onidragononidragon Road Warrior
    edited December 2009
    RockBandRocker;3378897 said:
    "Silver" by Pixies! :D

(Of course, I only say that because that was the 15th song on my Rock Marathon :p)
    Nothing says epic finale like 3 minutes of Kim Deal droning to a slide guitar.
  • Captain Zepp 07Captain Zepp 07 Road Warrior
    edited January 2010
    djrotiboy;3378618 said:
    i was SOOO disappointed to see that "kung fu fighting" was the final song for guitar, especially after playing it. no epic solo or anything?
    Stupid Assumption Makes An As[B]s[/B] Of U And Me, mainly just a coincidence is all I can say. Wasn't like they went out of the way to pick those kinds of songs to end that tier. Well, it's something GH would very well consider doing with Queen Vocals but I wouldn't say RB.
  • weirdphilweirdphil Road Warrior
    edited January 2010
    You want to know what was anti-climatic? The Thing that Should not Be on GH:M. I was saving my star power for some wicked solo that never arrived and five starred on expert it without using any of it. Kung Fu Fighting as a final guitar song is more welcome imo.
  • KEWBKEWB Road Warrior
    edited January 2010
    weirdphil;3394601 said:
    You want to know what was anti-climatic? The Thing that Should not Be on GH:M. I was saving my star power for some wicked solo that never arrived and five starred on expert it without using any of it. Kung Fu Fighting as a final guitar song is more welcome imo.
    True. Being a huge Metallica fan, I was disappointed once I realized The Thing That Should Not Be was the finale and knew that it wouldn't be too difficult. It was selected as the finale solely for the fact that it fit the theme of the venue so they could have Cthulu in the background.

Back on topic, I honestly thought KFF was one of the easiest songs I had played in a RB/GH game though, even though several people had trouble with it. Still though, The Final Countdown deserves to be the final song in LRB, no question. Not a big deal to me though, seeing as how I sold it without even bothering with the Endless Setlist, trophies, hell, I didn't even get the 1000 stars achievement.
  • frankummsfrankumms Opening Act
    edited January 2010
    the final countdown obv, o and btw kung foo fighting sucked it is by far the most boring song, yes its hard but i so wanted to make those Chinese or Asian noises with my plastic guitar sooooooooooooooo badly (sorry to offended any Asian ppl)
  • mogwaimonmogwaimon Opening Act
    edited January 2010
    Man, I'm no expert at these games (I just started training on Expert yesterday) but Kung Fu Fighting is the only song in the main setlist that scares me, even on Hard which I am mostly accustomed to. The entire song is made of note patterns that I suck at doing... Same with Life's a Highway, but I can at least do that song fairly consistently.

I do agree that Countdown would have been more epic. I was surprised we got it as early as we did when my friend and I played through career.
  • SkodeSkode Headliner
    edited January 2010
    Short and Sweet or Final Countdown would be my picks for difficulty and awesome solos. Final Countdown gets the nod for well being the "final" song tier wise would be most appropriate.

I had no idea Kung Fu Fighting was tiered the hardest... what a crappy songs to have the accolade. Its a nightmare for a down strum only player but really, its rated harder than the Metal songs in the game :confused:
  • Shift BreakerShift Breaker Opening Act
    edited January 2010
    Well, considering that I've GS'd every other song in the final group except Kung Fu Fighting, I'd say it's rather appropriate, when you consider that it's just based on difficulty.

However, when it comes to a finale i.e. for career, well, it's easier to put it in GH form.

The final encore should and must be The Final Countdown. It's got quantities of epic,

But Short and Sweet is what we'd call the credits song. It's the solofest. It's just right for the credits song. You've finished on sometime epic, now just shred.

But from a prely difficulty form, and while it may be my weakness, Kung fu Fighting is the hardest guitar song in the game (for me).
  • kkslider9827kkslider9827 Opening Act
    edited January 2010
    The Final CountDown

Key Word FINALcountdown

Yeah really anitclimatic to put KFF
  • rocknrolxdxrocknrolxdx Banned
    edited January 2010
    djrotiboy;3379213 said:
    yeah, but visions is harder than painkiller, yet painkiller is the last one.
    Its because the songs are sorted by band difficulty not guitar.
  • ClipheadCliphead Rising Star
    edited January 2010
    For Rock Band 1 and 2 they arranged the songs not only by difficulty, but also how they would sound on a mix tape. I think they dropped the mix tape idea for Lego, since the linear tour is gone and the Endless Setlist is just 30 random songs.
  • cherokeesamcherokeesam Washed Up
    edited January 2010
    Where are you getting the idea of a "final guitar song" from....? Just curious....
    I was under the impression that the "final" song was "Crash," in the Final Rock Challenge, because the game essentially said story mode was finished at that point. Although I played the 15-song set after that, and am still gearing up for the 30-song marathon.
  • PonchoPoncho Rising Star
    edited January 2010
    I meant to vote Final Countdown but I voted Kung Fu Fighting.