Export help!!! 360

CPT BJCPT BJ Road Warrior
edited January 2010 in LEGO: Rock Band
well ive just entered the code i got with the game on here, and got the code, i then followed the instructions and entered the code i recived into my xbox and i downloaded the pack and ive gone onto RB2 only to find that the lego songs arent showing up! Please help!

Comments

• phoenix-hawkphoenix-hawk Unsigned
    edited December 2009
    Having the same issue with the PS3...
  • BogachanTurkBogachanTurk Unsigned
    edited December 2009
    I bought Lego Rock Band, i entered code. After than i downloaded from Music Store about 1.2 gb. and file name is LRB Export Pack. I can see file in Rock Band folder. But when i enter game, i can't see songs :(
    How can i solve this problem. Plz help me too.
  • davidshekdavidshek Community Playtester
    edited December 2009
    CPT BJ;3379422 said:
    well ive just entered the code i got with the game on here, and got the code, i then followed the instructions and entered the code i recived into my xbox and i downloaded the pack and ive gone onto RB2 only to find that the lego songs arent showing up! Please help!
    When you entered that code in your Xbox, what you downloaded was not the pack. What you downloaded was a license key. Now you need to load up Lego: Rock Band, go into the Music Store section, and select "Export Songs". There you'll pay the $10 fee, and actually download a 1.2GB Export Pack. THOSE are the songs. Once that is downloaded, you'll be able to play them in RB2.
    edited December 2009
    I understand now. If i have got RB 2, i can play Lego RB songs in RB2, right?
    So how can i buy Code RB2 game without buy game with dvd for playing in Lego
    (And sorry my bad english)
    edited December 2009
    BogachanTurk;3379715 said:
    I understand now. If i have got RB 2, i can play Lego RB songs in RB2, right?
    So how can i buy Code RB2 game without buy game with dvd for playing in Lego
    Correct, if you have RB2, you can play Lego songs in RB2. You cannot buy just the Lego code, because you need the Lego disc to actually perform the song export.
    edited December 2009
    I got Lego RB, and i want to play RB2 songs. But i don't want to buy with dvd, i need only code for playing
  • CPT BJCPT BJ Road Warrior
    edited December 2009
    Ive managed to do it and and have been playing the songs in RB:2. Thanx for the help guys i got a bit confused lol
  • whypick1whypick1 Headliner
    edited December 2009
    BogachanTurk;3379793 said:
    I got Lego RB, and i want to play RB2 songs. But i don't want to buy with dvd, i need only code for playing
    You NEED the disc to get the tracks. The last step of the process is downloading the songs IN Lego Rock Band, and there's no way around it.
    edited December 2009
    You cannot currently play RB2 songs in Lego RB. There is no export code or process for RB2.
  • aukevinaukevin Unsigned
    edited December 2009
    I've been trying to get my Lego songs exported all day but I cannot connect to the Music Store. Is it down for anyone else (PS3)?
  • David2380David2380 Road Warrior
    edited December 2009
    davidshek;3379684 said:
    When you entered that code in your Xbox, what you downloaded was not the pack. What you downloaded was a license key. Now you need to load up Lego: Rock Band, go into the Music Store section, and select "Export Songs". There you'll pay the $10 fee, and actually download a 1.2GB Export Pack. THOSE are the songs. Once that is downloaded, you'll be able to play them in RB2.
    had the same prob...thnx for clearing it up for us ....
  • poguemahone87poguemahone87 Unsigned
    edited December 2009
    I think I am being really stupid, as I have just downloaded the 1.2 gig file, and went into RB2 and went to play the songs, but I cannot find them anywhere. I definately did everything correctly and have definately downloaded the LRB 1.2 gig file, but cannot seem to find the songs anywhere. What the hell - I remember the RB1 songs being right there when I exported them to RB2
  • dabrry0523dabrry0523 Road Warrior
    edited December 2009
    poguemahone87;3389936 said:
    I think I am being really stupid, as I have just downloaded the 1.2 gig file, and went into RB2 and went to play the songs, but I cannot find them anywhere. I definately did everything correctly and have definately downloaded the LRB 1.2 gig file, but cannot seem to find the songs anywhere. What the hell - I remember the RB1 songs being right there when I exported them to RB2
    did you pay the 10 licensing fee????
  • dabrry0523dabrry0523 Road Warrior
    edited December 2009
    wait do you want to buy rock band 2, if you do then go to the store the only way to get rock band is with a cd, then you export your Lego rock band songs for $10 onto rock band 2 so now you can play everything all at once
  • ncspacemonkeyncspacemonkey Opening Act
    edited December 2009
    poguemahone87;3389936 said:
    You do know that the Lego songs will show up as DLC, right? They won't be labeled as Lego like RB1 was labeled separately.
  • IanPrimeIanPrime Unsigned
    edited January 2010
    Somethings going on, on my copy (360) i hit export download on lego rockband, so it shows the download bar but it dosent download, i have enough hard drive space as well, im really t'd off i would like a sudgestion
  • aznman08aznman08 Road Warrior
    edited January 2010
    IanPrime;3429560 said:
    Somethings going on, on my copy (360) i hit export download on lego rockband, so it shows the download bar but it dosent download, i have enough hard drive space as well, im really t'd off i would like a sudgestion
    did you bother to follow the directions on the export card?
  • CarrieannaCarrieanna Unsigned
    edited January 2010
    I've got the code... I just can't connect to the Music Store in Lego Rock Band...can anyone help?
  • Dragonheart1991Dragonheart1991 Road Warrior
    edited January 2010
    Wait, you gotta pay to get the songs?. Ah crap.

But still. Worth it. I wasn't planning on spending anything on DLC when my next paycheck drops. But in this case...

But..i thought that the key is like the one that you got to export RB1 songs to RB2, only you've got to pay to get the key.

Now you get the key for free but have to pay to download?
    edited January 2010
    Dragonheart1991;3434667 said:
    But..i thought that the key is like the one that you got to export RB1 songs to RB2, only you've got to pay to get the key.

Now you get the key for free but have to pay to download?
    Correct, you get the key for free, but the download costs $10. That's why the game costs $10 less than most other games ($50 vs. $60).
  • Dragonheart1991Dragonheart1991 Road Warrior
    edited January 2010
    davidshek;3435336 said:
    Correct, you get the key for free, but the download costs $10. That's why the game costs $10 less than most other games ($50 vs. $60).
    Eh, well Harmonix really nailed the export feature. But Activision completely f***ed it up.

I.e. You can only transfer certain songs from GHWT and SH onto 5. Apparantly because of "techinical issues" with converting the songs to fit new game mechanics
  • cherokeesamcherokeesam Washed Up
    edited January 2010
    Wow....glad I checked this thread.

I just tried the export from LRB to RB2 and thought I had royally ****ed everything up.....I used my code without realizing my Xbox account was (mostly) dry, so I put sufficient funds back in and DOH....."that code has already been redeemed."

But after panicking for awhile, I checked this thread, and Davidshek so helpfully pointed out that you have to go to LRB's Music Store to actually *complete* the transfer....so all is well. (whew) :)

That info *should* have been included in the export instructions on the card and online....probably would have saved a lot of panic attacks (including mine).