How the HELL L:RB..

uadnaluadnal Unsigned
edited December 2009 in LEGO: Rock Band
STILL doesn't have the option to change difficulty mid-song and a countdown after you pause.

How L:RB work on RB2's engine when TB:RB. which has those features, is almost 4 months old??

Comments

• ZetsumeisunaZetsumeisuna Opening Act
    edited December 2009
    Both games were being developed at the same time. The Beatles, by HMX, and L:RB, by Traveller's Tales (With a hint of help from HMX). Thing is, those things implemented in Beatles were new, so they couldn't take them and put them in L:RB, in that short amount of time.

Plus, I don't really like the countdown. It still messes me up. And changing difficulty during song? Is that really necessary? If you can't beat it, just fail out, or if you can, beat it. Changing difficulty during midsong kind of defeats the purpose of even trying, and to me, that's weak.
  • cherokeesamcherokeesam Washed Up
    edited December 2009
    Changing difficulty in LRB would be redundant.
    In LRB, if a song kicks your ass, you DON'T FAIL. Period. Never ever.
    Hell, LRB is the only time I feel perfectly safe playing EVERYTHING on Expert. Might as well.
  • uadnaluadnal Unsigned
    edited December 2009
    Making a setlist and failing the 3th out of 8 songs, which makes you exit and lose all of your songs (ofc no option to skip a song) is annoying.

I can't belive how you can say these features are unecessary.
  • EhfahqEhfahq Headliner
    edited December 2009
    uadnal;3382222 said:
    Making a setlist and failing the 3th out of 8 songs.....
    You cant fail............
  • uadnaluadnal Unsigned
    edited December 2009
    Wrong choice of words.
    But completely missing over 90% of the notes is as same as failing- No fun with a "When is this over?" feeling.
  • SayburrSayburr The Always Informative Rock Band Forum Guru
    edited December 2009
    TT Games did the development on the game, Harmonix only did the charts. I am hopeful those features will be in RB3
  • HeyRilesHeyRiles Besse's Girl
    edited December 2009
    How much can a company do when they are given an engine they didn't build?
  • cherokeesamcherokeesam Washed Up
    edited December 2009
    uadnal;3382222 said:
    Making a setlist and failing the 3th out of 8 songs, which makes you exit and lose all of your songs (ofc no option to skip a song) is annoying.

I can't belive how you can say these features are unecessary.
    Again: (and as ehfahq reiterated) You. can't. fail. in. LRB. period.

If you create a setlist with songs that are beyond your grasp, here's an idea: create a setlist with songs you CAN manage instead; or play the hard song(s) on a lower difficulty.

There is just no way to fail a song in LRB at all. And there's a damn good chance that you'll recover at least some of your studs on almost all songs (except for the ones that feature impossible outros....*that's* where you're likely to run out of time before stud recovery kicks in).
  • LoopyChewLoopyChew Wordsmith
    edited December 2009
    HeyRiles;3382620 said:
    How much can a company do when they are given an engine they didn't build?
    Plenty, actually. Take a look at everything that's been done with the Unreal Engine, and tell me that third-party developers can't do anything.

Heck, TT did an amazing job with the Rock Power challenges, adding in-engine cutscenes, and the like; I think they could have made some of those slight interface tweaks and been better off for it.