L:RB Export question

Marvelfan13Marvelfan13 Unsigned
edited December 2009 in LEGO: Rock Band
I got a $50 gift card for christmas and am wondering if I should buy L:RB. I want to export the songs, but I have been hearing of tons of problems with doing so. I will not buy it if I can't export the songs to my hard-drive. I own a PS3 if this helps. I also live in the U.S. My main question is if exporting the songs (in the U.S.) works well.

Comments

• Mega-TallicaMega-Tallica Washed Up
    edited December 2009
    I found it difficult to export the songs. The problems surface because of your browser and pop-up blockers and what-not. Just when redeeming your code (if you get the game), make sure to turn off all pop-up blockers and firewalls. If that doesn't work try a different browser (Firefox seems to work well). And if that doesn't work, e-mail [email]redemption@rockband.com[/email] with your game code and they'll reply back in a few days with a token to redeem and from there you'll be able to download the export key and presto, 45 songs have been added to your RB2 library.

It takes time and can be frustrating to export the songs, but it's worth it in the end.
  • Marvelfan13Marvelfan13 Unsigned
    edited December 2009
    Meh, its not worth it in my opinion.
  • GhostsongGhostsong Unsigned
    edited December 2009
    I just my copy for US PS3 today and the code isn't working. I wish I had looked into this before I bought it, as this is the only reason I even wanted it.
  • klutz1406klutz1406 Unsigned
    edited December 2009
    I'm having the same problem... the code is working however... when it downloads... it only take 2 seconds and installs in 2 seconds... WTF is the problem?!!?!?!?
  • whypick1whypick1 Headliner
    edited December 2009
    The export process is a 3-step process:

1. Redeem code on the back of manual as the instructions indicate.
    2. Redeem the code given by the website on your console to download the export key.
    3. Purchase and download the export tracks from the LRB music store.

Are you doing that exactly?
  • Mega-TallicaMega-Tallica Washed Up
    edited December 2009
    klutz1406;3380505 said:
    I'm having the same problem... the code is working however... when it downloads... it only take 2 seconds and installs in 2 seconds... WTF is the problem?!!?!?!?
    You are probably just downloading the patch which is only a few KB. The code on your manual allows you to download the patch which THEN you go to the in-game L:RB Music Store and select "Export Download". The download in the Music Store is the download of the actual songs. The patch only takes a few seconds to download while the actual downloading of the songs takes anywhere from 20-30 minutes.