Why does L: RB Not Have Online

TheDreamGhostTheDreamGhost Opening Act
edited January 2010 in LEGO: Rock Band
Alright so I got LEGO Rock Band for christmas and of course the first thing I do is rip it open and start playing it, well then my friend Frank on XBL wanted to play the game with me, up until this moment we assumed that L:RB was just like all the other RB's, assuming it has online multiplayer for quickplay and story, but appearantly it doesn't, and just finding that fact out honestly made the game immediately not worth the 50$ I paid for it, is anyone else annoyed by this? or are there any plans for a possible online multiplayer update? otherwise honestly, I would have never gotten the game if I knew from the start there was no online function.

Comments

• JoshVanHalen87JoshVanHalen87 Road Warrior
    edited December 2009
    why the people dont investigate before purchase a game.. :rolleyes:

im happy that L:RB doesnt have online. if you wanna play online, then export the songs and play on rb2.
  • cherokeesamcherokeesam Washed Up
    edited December 2009
    The lack of online play was advertised and well-documented in every preview/review leading up to the release date; if the lack of online play is a deal-breaker, you should have paid more attention to what you were buying.

Besides, as Josh said, you can export every song to RB2 and play them online to your heart's content.

And the reason there's no online, as has been discussed ad nauseam for the past few months, is that the online RB community is notoriously NOT "child-friendly," so that was an immediate turn-off for Travelers Tales and LEGO.
  • TheDreamGhostTheDreamGhost Opening Act
    edited December 2009
    Ah well I never really paid attention to L:RB to be honest until this past month when a friend told me that Aliens Exist was on it, though I thought it would have been fun to play with LEGO characters online, I can see why they didn't add it now, indeed we don't have the kindest people in our server. lol
  • BrawndoBrawndo Unsigned
    edited December 2009
    TheDreamGhost;3379933 said:
    Alright so I got LEGO Rock Band for christmas and of course the first thing I do is rip it open...

...not worth the 50$ I paid for it
    Dude... you had to pay $50 to receive a Christmas gift? Your family is very cruel.
  • T-HybridT-Hybrid Washed Up
    edited December 2009
    cherokeesam;3379982 said:
    The lack of online play was advertised and well-documented in every preview/review leading up to the release date...
    Not to mention that both Wii and 360 (I'm not familiar enough with PS3 cases to state as fact) clearly mark all games that have online gameplay elements. And LEGO carried no such indication.

No research required. Just flip the game over and read the back (or in the case of Wii just look for the WiFi logo)
  • m_estockm_estock Rising Star
    edited December 2009
    T-Hybrid;3391474 said:
    Not to mention that both Wii and 360 (I'm not familiar enough with PS3 cases to state as fact) clearly mark all games that have online gameplay elements. And LEGO carried no such indication.

No research required. Just flip the game over and read the back (or in the case of Wii just look for the WiFi logo)
    Well if you go to L:RB's page on xbox.com, it says the game has online leaderboards, but it dosen't in reality: http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/l/legorockband/
  • EhfahqEhfahq Headliner
    edited December 2009
    m_estock;3391697 said:
    Well if you go to L:RB's page on xbox.com, it says the game has online leaderboards, but it dosen't in reality: http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/l/legorockband/
    So what.
  • whypick1whypick1 Headliner
    edited December 2009
  • Super BassSuper Bass Opening Act
    edited December 2009
    I got my rock moves, and I don't need you.

Guess what... :p

On topic:
    cherokeesam;3379982 said:
    The lack of online play was advertised and well-documented in every preview/review leading up to the release date; if the lack of online play is a deal-breaker, you should have paid more attention to what you were buying.

Besides, as Josh said, you can export every song to RB2 and play them online to your heart's content.

And the reason there's no online, as has been discussed ad nauseam for the past few months, is that the online RB community is notoriously NOT "child-friendly," so that was an immediate turn-off for Travelers Tales and LEGO.
    The underlined is basically the answer to your question. I do think, however, that an invite-only system with online friends (like Halo 3 ODST's Firefight) would've been perfectly adequate for the game. Oh, well...at least we got an export with all 45 songs. :)
  • DustinRDustinR Unsigned
    edited December 2009
    JoshVanHalen87;3379967 said:
    why the people dont investigate before purchase a game.. :rolleyes:

im happy that L:RB doesnt have online. if you wanna play online, then export the songs and play on rb2.
    How can you be "happy" that the game doesn't have online play?

Anyways, even with the lack of Online play I think I got my moneys worth with this game. Picked it up at Target yesterday for $29.99 :)
  • Soror_YZBLSoror_YZBL Road Warrior
    edited December 2009
    Alright so I got LEGO Rock Band for christmas and of course the first thing I do is rip it open and start playing it, well then my friend Frank on XBL wanted to play the game with me, up until this moment we assumed that L:RB was just like all the other RB's, assuming it has online multiplayer for quickplay and story, but appearantly it doesn't, and just finding that fact out honestly made the game immediately not worth the 50$ I paid for it, is anyone else annoyed by this? or are there any plans for a possible online multiplayer update? otherwise honestly, I would have never gotten the game if I knew from the start there was no online function.
    BEcause of people like me who use the f word as an article and tell everyone they play with on XBL that satan is just a misunderstood guy and that the real bad guy is jeebus. Oh and that I slept with their parents.
  • ninjalauraninjalaura Unsigned
    edited December 2009
    i didnt know it didnt have online either, you buy the game then they want you to pay another £10 to export them to RB2 to play online.

Anyway im having fun playing it single player, great fun game.
  • EhfahqEhfahq Headliner
    edited December 2009
    ninjalaura;3392054 said:
    i didnt know it didnt have online either, you buy the game then they want you to pay another £10 to export them to RB2 to play online.

Anyway im having fun playing it single player, great fun game.
    Thats why the game was sold for less money.

Srsly people.
  • ninjalauraninjalaura Unsigned
    edited December 2009
    my mum had it for me for xmas but she paid full price, then a week later it was half that price, ah well.
  • BallisticJunkfoodBallisticJunkfood Headliner
    edited December 2009
    DustinR;3391860 said:
    How can you be "happy" that the game doesn't have online play?
    Perhaps he really dislikes the online feature in RB2.

Or maybe he's a parent who doesn't want his kid(s) playing online with random strangers and hearing who knows what coming through the headset and/or tv speakers.
  • Captain Zepp 07Captain Zepp 07 Road Warrior
    edited January 2010
    Brawndo;3391327 said:
    Dude... you had to pay $50 to receive a Christmas gift? Your family is very cruel.
    this, wtf dude
  • ZastaiZastai Unsigned
    edited January 2010
    Brawndo;3391327 said:
    This may surprise you, but some (many?) people on these forums are adults with disposable incomes who may or may not decide to buy something for themselves at certain festive moments of their choosing.
    For such adults the sentence "I got something for Festivus" has the same general meaning as "I got something for the flight home", and does not necessarily imply it being a gift.

Having said that, this could just as easily be another 13-year old with a petty grievance using the "I paids good moniez" line to draw extra sympathy (ha! sympathy on the RB forums! that'll be the day :D)
  • Cpt. OverkillCpt. Overkill (Briefly) Touched by a Banhammer
    edited January 2010
    LEGO Rock Band for christmas and of course the first thing I do is rip it open
    ------

not worth the 50$ I paid for it
    wat
  • fuselage321fuselage321 Ringo Impersonator
    edited January 2010
    Zastai;3394073 said:
    This may surprise you, but some (many?) people on these forums are adults with disposable incomes who may or may not decide to buy something for themselves at certain festive moments of their choosing.
    For such adults the sentence "I got something for Festivus" has the same general meaning as "I got something for the flight home", and does not necessarily imply it being a gift.

Having said that, this could just as easily be another 13-year old with a petty grievance using the "I paids good moniez" line to draw extra sympathy (ha! sympathy on the RB forums! that'll be the day :D)

I +1 100% So True
    Cpt. Overkill;3394073 said:

wat

He paid for his own present.

Wait, What? How is it a present then?
  • Cpt. OverkillCpt. Overkill (Briefly) Touched by a Banhammer
    edited January 2010
    fuselage321;3394094 said:

It's a gift for yourself.

Also, boom, headshot.
  • BuRn7 CaK3BuRn7 CaK3 Banned
    edited January 2010
    fuselage321;3394094 said:

My dad gave me $100 for christmas, and I bought Borderlands and Lego Rock Band. So, technically yes he can pay for his own christmas gift.
  • EhfahqEhfahq Headliner
    edited January 2010
    BuRn7 CaK3;3394186 said:
    My dad gave me $100 for christmas, and I bought Borderlands and Lego Rock Band. So, technically yes he can pay for his own christmas gift.
    Except for the fact that it was wrapped and under the tree.

Dudes a liar. No doubt.
  • T-HybridT-Hybrid Washed Up
    edited January 2010
    Ehfahq;3394233 said:
    Game. Set. Match.
  • BuRn7 CaK3BuRn7 CaK3 Banned
    edited January 2010
    Ehfahq;3394233 said:

Dudes a liar. No doubt.
    So? I've even done that before in the past.
  • StewjoeStewjoe Opening Act
    edited January 2010
    Im happy it has no online. It would split the community.
  • ksama1ksama1 Unsigned
    edited January 2010
    Personally I bought the game just for the export. I hate the whole lego look. I just wish there was an option to look normal in that game then I would play it for the achievements. I wont be caught dead playing as a lego which is why this game has only been in my system one time and thats for the export.
  • Awesome_TreeAwesome_Tree Rising Star
    edited January 2010
    Why does everyone forget there was only one Lego game with online? Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga.
  • cherokeesamcherokeesam Washed Up
    edited January 2010
    ksama1;3407431 said:
    I wont be caught dead playing as a lego which is why this game has only been in my system one time and thats for the export.
    If you're dead, how could you be playing a video game?
    Unless you're a zombie.
    In which case, why would you give a ****?