How do I join a Band in Lego Rock Band

crzismecrzisme Unsigned
edited January 2010 in LEGO: Rock Band
How do I change the band roster, add/remove band members and join new characters that I have created to my existing band?

It was so easy in Rock Band 2...

Comments

• SonicRocker15XSonicRocker15X Headliner
    edited December 2009
    Lego doesn't have online play.
  • crzismecrzisme Unsigned
    edited December 2009
    I meant locally.

After I select "Build a band, rock the universe" and name the band. I see the 4 black lego man icons light up 1 lego man (im guessing that means 1 member in this band).

So how do I add more Characters that I created into my already created band?
  • SonicRocker15XSonicRocker15X Headliner
    edited December 2009
    I don't think you can after you make it.
  • war_lordwar_lord Road Warrior
    edited December 2009
    In the Rock Den, go left twice from the couches (where the band chills) to go to the Rock Shop. There you can choose to customize your band mates, roadies, and other members of your entourage.

Select one of the categories and find the character you want to replace by pressing the yellow fret on the guitar (or triangle on the controller or whatever is says to "change band mate" at the bottom of the screen). Then you can select a minifig, rename them, etc. Unlike RB2, you don't have to select stand-in or add them to the roster... the new character will be left there as a permanent member until you swap him/her out.

You can cycle through and change all of your entourage as well... I personally thought it was pretty cool that the minifigs you select as band members or roadies will show up in the cinematics and other entourage members will randomly stand on stage with you.
  • crzismecrzisme Unsigned
    edited December 2009
    Thanks! Now I can make my Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band!
  • rdwalterrdwalter Unsigned
    edited January 2010
    I understand how to customize the band members in the rock shop but is there any significance in the highlighted lego face icons associated with your band. If you manage data and remove members the faces become un-highlighted but there is no option to add members to the band.
  • pacowilsonpacowilson Unsigned
    edited January 2010
    i am having the same issue as walter, someone help!
  • KariodudeKariodude Road Warrior
    edited January 2010
    L:RB is weird this way. You don't actually name characters, you name the positions in the band. How they look in the band, that's what they look like when you choose them in quickplay, but they aren't really their own character. Basically, you can only create 4 custom characters. Your band.
  • rdwalterrdwalter Unsigned
    edited January 2010
    weird is not the word. basically you can create the band in the beginning only. you can remove members from the band but you cannot add. you can edit the musicians in the rock shop but if they are not 'in the band' you have to enter the shop individually. there are advantages and disadvantages to being in the band but i have not figured everything out yet.
  • ClipheadCliphead Rising Star
    edited January 2010
    You can create and customise characters (band members, entourage, road crew) at any time. The weird part is that playable band members and stand-ins have to be done separately.